Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished the dlc, it was ok.

The issue I had is that it takes me a while to get back into the combat, not the controls which are easy to remember but remembering which weapon to use to do the best type of damage, remembering the diverse abilities that I have and which is best when. Remembering which parts of the monsters to shoot first to be most efficient. Stuff that becomes second nature when you played from the beginning for 60-60 hours. so basically by the time I’m comfortable again with the game, it’s over. That’s not a negative against the gam itself, it’s a personal issue and it happens with every game I don’t play for a long time to some degree, just feel worse in this game.

I mostly just stuck to the main story which should say a lot to anyone that knows how I usually play these games. The story was decent enough, one of the reason for skipping so much of the side stuff is the ability to fly. While it’s cool to fly, like in most games that has flying it makes skipping stuff so easy that it kinda defeats the purpose of the game for me, since usually I get distracted on my way to do something. What I mean is that i get a quest to go to point A and while running there I start doing a bunch of stuff along the way that pop up on my screen, or appear on the map. With flying I just end up going directly to point A avoiding any distractions.

Horizon Zero dawn is one of my top 3 games of all time, the story, gameplay, the setting, visuals etc…every thing was perfect. Its dlc was pretty good too. Forbidden West kept the gameplay amazing and improved upon it, but the story was not as good, and the side quests especially were not good, the development of the setting was also below the standard set by the first game. This dlc just was more of the same.

I‘m still looking forward to the 3rd one since I like the gameplay so much and the setting is still so interesting. I hope they manage to recapture of the magic of the first one though. They definitely need to up the quality of the writing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
8.4 million copies sold for HFW so far, with it available only on two platforms, PS4 and PS5.

Since people keep bringing up Elden Ring for some reason despite not being all that similar, that's sold 20 million copies across 5 platforms: both Playstations, both Xboxes and PC.

The idea that this game is some kind of commercial failure by comparison is absolutely unfounded.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
8.4 million copies sold for HFW so far, with it available only on two platforms, PS4 and PS5.

Since people keep bringing up Elden Ring for some reason despite not being all that similar, that's sold 20 million copies across 5 platforms: both Playstations, both Xboxes and PC.

The idea that this game is some kind of commercial failure by comparison is absolutely unfounded.

Who said it was a commercial failure? Ever?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who said it was a commercial failure? Ever?
Because Elden Ring made Horizon a non entity. The SJW faggotry may not have helped, either.

Shattering From Software GIF by BANDAI NAMCO
Literally not even a page back. And it's been all over this thread.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Literally not even a page back. And it's been all over this thread.

Did you read the post he was replying to? What about that context made you think they were speaking commercially, you downie?

One person said they had little desire to play it, and the other said "because Elden Ring was so much better" basically. Reading comprehension so tough.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't go looking back that far. Tons of people in this thread for the past year have been saying it got clobbered by Elden Ring which is just not supported by the evidence.

• 1Slow
  • 1Pathetic

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't go looking back that far. Tons of people in this thread for the past year have been saying it got clobbered by Elden Ring which is just not supported by the evidence.

Yeah it was literally only a page back.

Jesus Fucking Christ you're the worst.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was literally only a page back.

Jesus Fucking Christ you're the worst.
I meant I'm not going to go through this thread and find every post where someone makes that stupid comparison.

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Subjectively - Elden Ring destroyed HZD Forbidden West. Elden Ring will go down as one of the best games I have ever played - surpassing the original Horizon Zero Dawn and most definitely the sequel.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I meant I'm not going to go through this thread and find every post where someone makes that stupid comparison.

Dude I asked who has ever said it was a commercial failure and your response was to quote someone who responded to someone else, and neither of those people said anything about commercial success or failure.

Just accept that your 148 IQ is on the jogger scale.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude I asked who has ever said it was a commercial failure and your response was to quote someone who responded to someone else, and neither of those people said anything about commercial success or failure.

Just accept that your 148 IQ is on the jogger scale.
main-qimg-8b7b4a7c1a4b3aa77f8edcdcc88cbd05

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Video Games Swimming GIF by PlayStation

I love these aspie fights. Don't ever change, FoH <3

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Reading comprehension has been in serious decline since the IM days with AOL.

It really took a nose dive when people started making up acronyms in EQ. I could see WTB, WTS (Wanting to buy, wanting to Sell) or action acronyms like "INC!" for incoming, and one could even dress that up as -- Utnayan tells the group, "INC ---=== A FROGLUK ===--- INC" and the neat little @variable could be programmed in your Inc button on your UI based on your current target. And when you saw it spam 67 times, you knew you were going to have fun because 67+ Frogluk's were headed right towards your little corner of camp. But then they came out with the stupid ones. "WTB GG TO BB" Which everyone knew meant wtb a GroupGate to butcherblock... When some idiot added "PST". What the fuck is PST now. "Please send tell".... Well no fucking shit sherlock did you think I was going to yell out my window "YO ADRIAN!" with a microphone attached to my boombox? Fucking morons. Of course I am going to send a tell.

And once PST was invented, it all started to hit the shits. Here we are 23 years later from the PST invention in EQ, and we are now dealing with people writing out comments, not reading them, and asking what they said or completely blowing over context. We have new generations that cannot decide what fucking sex they are, and the difference between inherent subjective opinion and stated fact without it having to be spelled out.

I really have no point other than this shit all started with the PST acronym stating the fucking obvious response required, and that 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of humanity is not ready for any type of technology smarter than a toaster from 1965.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reading comprehension has been in serious decline since the IM days with AOL.

It really took a nose dive when people started making up acronyms in EQ. I could see WTB, WTS (Wanting to buy, wanting to Sell) or action acronyms like "INC!" for incoming, and one could even dress that up as -- Utnayan tells the group, "INC ---=== A FROGLUK ===--- INC" and the neat little @variable could be programmed in your Inc button on your UI based on your current target. And when you saw it spam 67 times, you knew you were going to have fun because 67+ Frogluk's were headed right towards your little corner of camp. But then they came out with the stupid ones. "WTB GG TO BB" Which everyone knew meant wtb a GroupGate to butcherblock... When some idiot added "PST". What the fuck is PST now. "Please send tell".... Well no fucking shit sherlock did you think I was going to yell out my window "YO ADRIAN!" with a microphone attached to my boombox? Fucking morons. Of course I am going to send a tell.

And once PST was invented, it all started to hit the shits. Here we are 23 years later from the PST invention in EQ, and we are now dealing with people writing out comments, not reading them, and asking what they said or completely blowing over context. We have new generations that cannot decide what fucking sex they are, and the difference between inherent subjective opinion and stated fact without it having to be spelled out.

I really have no point other than this shit all started with the PST acronym stating the fucking obvious response required, and that 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of humanity is not ready for any type of technology smarter than a toaster from 1965.
I was "that guy" on Mischief when I saw that PST shit and started talking to them in OOC or Shout instead of sending them a tell. People never quite caught on that I was making fun of them and that was sad.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
And they are both open World RPGs. Sure they are pretty different thematically, but it’s not like trying to compare Mario kart to zelda or anything.

• 3Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Finally playing burning shores. Some of the new legendary weapons are excellent. The legendary ropecaster can bring down an apex fireclaw in 2 shots!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And they are both open World RPGs. Sure they are pretty different thematically, but it’s not like trying to compare Mario kart to zelda or anything.
Would have a hard time calling Horizon an RPG. It doesn't even have builds, you eventually get enough skill points to get everything. There are really no 'meaningful' choices.

It is less of an RPG than Mass Effect. It's an open-world adventure game where you have customizable equipment with statistics, but not really an RPG.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Would have a hard time calling Horizon an RPG. It doesn't even have builds, you eventually get enough skill points to get everything. There are really no 'meaningful' choices.

It is less of an RPG than Mass Effect. It's an open-world adventure game where you have customizable equipment with statistics, but not really an RPG.
So it’s a game where you gain experience to gain levels, collect more and more powerful gear, get skill points to learn skills, and go on quests to save the world.

Not an RPG, sure.

• 3Worf