Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure the bottom pic in both of your posts is fan made? But the point still stands for the others.
I tried running 3 well known Aloy pics through www.pinkmirror.com - 2 from the new and old game and a fan made.

5 pic limit so 2 posts.
Look closely. 3 pics - top is split from a single pic. Obviously the buttom 3rd is a fan made. Like I wrote.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The more curious comparison would be Elizabet vs Aloy and why they aren't consistent.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hamster cheeks is good enough reason for me not to buy this day one and wait for confirmation of lack of SJW faggotry. Doesnt matter what first game had, its 2022 and SJW faggotry is the default assumption.
Every game deserves waiting for a verdict on sjw faggotry

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You guys are just actively trolling yourselves at this point. One very unflattering screenshot (which, where is that still even from?) and you ignore every other piece of footage and still released to date.

It's a very strange thing to get so upset about and also to keep doubling down on.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You are exhausting.
I've shown evidence for my argument, with screenshots from both games and the trailers.

You "feels" like her face is fatter in the promotional materials for the new one, but the evidence doesn't actually point in that direction, as pointed out by at least 2 other posters.
Whether or not it happened occasionally in the first game, they actively made it worse for the second. They put actual effort into making her face look chubbier. It's dumb.
It doesn't seem to be present in the more recent videos posted. Almost all of the uproar comes from two really poorly lit shots in early promos.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I dont think Ive heard of anyone saying that they will not play the game just because they specifically fucked with Aloy's face. Thats mist exaggerating since she thinks all guys want Aloy to be a super model or some nonsense like that. They've actively changed her face since the initial press release and she looks more like her original self so comparing the two "now" is pointless. The face was distracting, but it was really setting the stage for what wormie wormie just said and it may be a ton of woke garbage story telling.

Regardless, Im still going to play Elden Ring first.
I'm not going to buy it because it will probably make me want to buy a Subaru, wear plaid, and not shower for 7 months.

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The more curious comparison would be Elizabet vs Aloy and why they aren't consistent.
Elizabet is fairly old and frumpy looking by the time the holovids of her appear. Definitely not even trying to be hot. Though Asshole Ted Who Destroyed The World clearly thought she was attractive when they were in school together.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really hope the story and lore is as good or better than the first one.
I hope I am wrong for my wife's sake, but I am getting a Last of Us 2 vibe off of this one.

• 1Rustled

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Mist is defending this because HZD is clearly her favorite PC game (after MTG:A?) and she has a vested interest in people experiencing it with her. It doesn't help that she is probably right about the angles being the problem; however, the question then becomes why people with a vested interest in selling copies of this game chose that shitty angle as the one to use for promotional material. It's like a single person choosing their fattest looking pic as the one to put on dating sites.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist is defending this because HZD is clearly her favorite PC game (after MTG:A?) and she has a vested interest in people experiencing it with her.
lol I don't even know what you're talking about, I probably won't be playing this until it comes out on PC in a few years (PC too good, PS5 too bad, gamepad controls kinda blow.)

This is important to me because it clearly demonstrates the MASS FORMATION HYPOTHESIS (not a real thing) that butthurt dudes on gaming forums have been engaging in ever since GamerGate where they see everything in gaming as an assault on their manhood. It's my own mistaken belief that if I can prove you're wrong about this, those same people might just for a minute consider how they've been actively mislead for the past 5+ years about basically everything.
however, the question then becomes why people with a vested interest in selling copies of this game chose that shitty angle as the one to use for promotional material. It's like a single person choosing their fattest looking pic as the one to put on dating sites.
On this point, you're right. A few early promos had some bad, overexposed shots that made the game look ugly and the main character look even worse. That's bad marketing. It does seem like from the most recent few videos that they've tried to correct the issue.

(I wouldn't even put this game in my top 5 of all time, maybe not even top 10, but it and GoW have had the most interesting stories since Bioshock: Infinite. AAA single player games have been pretty shit lately so that's not saying much. Outer Wilds is probably the best SP game of the past 3-5 years.)

• 1Edgelord

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
lol I don't even know what you're talking about, I probably won't be playing this until it comes out on PC in a few years (PC too good, PS5 too bad, gamepad controls kinda blow.)

This is important to me because it clearly demonstrates the MASS FORMATION HYPOTHESIS (not a real thing) that butthurt dudes on gaming forums have been engaging in ever since GamerGate where they see everything in gaming as an assault on their manhood. It's my own mistaken belief that if I can prove you're wrong about this, those same people might just for a minute consider how they've been actively mislead for the past 5+ years about basically everything.

On this point, you're right. A few early promos had some bad, overexposed shots that made the game look ugly and the main character look even worse. That's bad marketing. It does seem like from the most recent few videos that they've tried to correct the issue.

(I wouldn't even put this game in my top 5 of all time, maybe not even top 10, but it and GoW have had the most interesting stories since Bioshock: Infinite. AAA single player games have been pretty shit lately so that's not saying much. Outer Wilds is probably the best SP game of the past 3-5 years.)

I admitted that you are probably right about it and that we have already seen angles from HZD2 that show her looking much more like the last game. You are also right about it and GOW being the two best story driven games since who knows when. If you haven't played Disco Elysium I would recommend that to anyone yearning for a great story as well. You are wrong about this being a new phenomenon though since guys have been bitching about hot girls getting less hot since then invention of girls; this does have a little more of a culture war feel to it, but with the industry involved how can you blame them? This would be the first instance of uglifying *not* being on purpose since the rise of independent woman syndrome.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Elizabet is fairly old and frumpy looking by the time the holovids of her appear. Definitely not even trying to be hot. Though Asshole Ted Who Destroyed The World clearly thought she was attractive when they were in school together.
We used to make big stuff, then something bad happened and now we live in the woods. Now there's some nice robots and some bad robots and we hunt them all.

Thats everything I know about the actual story.

• 1Pathetic

Izo

Tranny Chaser
We used to make big stuff, then something bad happened and now we live in the woods. Now there's some nice robots and some bad robots and we hunt them all.

Thats everything I know about the actual story.
Horizon Zero Dawn Ps4 GIF by PlayStation
Horizon Zero Dawn Landscape GIF by PlayStation

200.gif
Alan Cumming Thought GIF by Apple TV

There's an Aloy for everone, friend.