Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Like, the bitch doesn't need fucking eyeshadow or lipstick or those goddamn sharpie eyebrows. Just slim that jawline back to what it used to be, christ. Why change her at all, even, she looked fine in the first damn game.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whenever I play this, Ive settled with the fact that Im not really going to care what she looks like. But I have to agree, they should have just kept her "look" the same. Just unnecessary pandering and comes out more annoying to those that are a fan of the series. I didnt notice the up close change that Mist highlighted on the jaw line, but if thats a true comparison between the two - I guess thats something worth acknowledgement.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Whenever I play this, Ive settled with the fact that Im not really going to care what she looks like. But I have to agree, they should have just kept her "look" the same. Just unnecessary pandering and comes out more annoying to those that are a fan of the series. I didnt notice the up close change that Mist highlighted on the jaw line, but if thats a true comparison between the two - I guess thats something worth acknowledgement.
If they are going to turn her into an angry lesbo, they can at least cash in on it. Sell scratch & sniffs that smell like dirty old tampons and socks that have never been washed. Go for complete realism, you know.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
They still well on track to have nessy as lead in Horizons 3.

Provided it makes it that far. TLOU3 is not being worked on.

Oh No Oops GIF by Disney Channel

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Do you blame them lol. Not even I want my protagonist to look like Ashly Burch (she's def cute in her own way but not main protagonist material.)

Also you can tell from that trailer with the Aloy/Sylens scene that they made a last-minute change to pretty her up a bit:

View attachment 394182

View attachment 394183

loooooool. Funny how she suddenly looks a bit more like the one on the right...

Ashly Burch is fine. She doesn't have to be smoking hot, just not distractingly ugly.

Her character being modeled after
6886686399_740270acd9_b.jpg

Just makes it more insane they decided she should be a hambeast. That's Mass Effect Andromeda levels of retarded

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hambeast? How is Aloy a hambeast? I guess she has baby chub cheeks but the rest of her looks pretty fit, as it should be for someone as athletic as the character is.

Those stills of her actually being fat were a troll no? I haven't seen any game footage where she is actually fat.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hambeast? How is Aloy a hambeast? I guess she has baby chub cheeks but the rest of her looks pretty fit, as it should be for someone as athletic as the character is.

Those stills of her actually being fat were a troll no? I haven't seen any game footage where she is actually fat.
She has a round face that looks fat from certain angles or in certain poses or under certain lighting conditions.

This exact same effect happened in multiple cutscenes in the original game, but apparently now makes men on the internet very mad and not want to buy this game.

Really, this is just what happens when you start climbing up the hill on the other side of the uncanny valley. When you make realistic models and lighting, you start to see the same effects that happen to real actors and actresses in movies. There are many famous actresses who would only be shot from a certain side, or only lit from certain angles.

Heck, there's a Seinfeld episode about the same effect.

• 1Moron

Daidraco

She has a round face that looks fat from certain angles or in certain poses or under certain lighting conditions.

This exact same effect happened in multiple cutscenes in the original game, but apparently now makes men on the internet very mad and not want to buy this game.

Really, this is just what happens when you start climbing up the hill on the other side of the uncanny valley. When you make realistic models and lighting, you start to see the same effects that happen to real actors and actresses in movies. There are many famous actresses who would only be shot from a certain side, or only lit from certain angles.

You are exhausting.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Whether or not it happened occasionally in the first game, they actively made it worse for the second. They put actual effort into making her face look chubbier. It's dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I went back and looked at some footage and stills from the first game and I'm just not seeing this big difference you guys seem to be so up in arms about.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was the pov during combat the same in Zero Dawn as it appears to be in this sequel? In this is really seems like Aloy is trying to stand out of the of your view, while in other over the shoulder games, YOU are looking over the characters shoulder. Looks very odd in how they did it in that demo.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I went back and looked at some footage and stills from the first game and I'm just not seeing this big difference you guys seem to be so up in arms about.
1643130815940.png
1643130912522.png

Agreed. Screen Grab of Zero Dawn - Left. Screen Grab of Forbidden West - Right. I can find shots in both games that make her face look normal and some a bit chubbier. Who cares. Game is going to rock. Like I stated before, reminds me of that overblown poorly voice acted side quest in a demo before the original game launched and everyone trashed it while in practice it was one of the best games of the year.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Hamster cheeks is good enough reason for me not to buy this day one and wait for confirmation of lack of SJW faggotry. Doesnt matter what first game had, its 2022 and SJW faggotry is the default assumption.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

I dont think Ive heard of anyone saying that they will not play the game just because they specifically fucked with Aloy's face. Thats mist exaggerating since she thinks all guys want Aloy to be a super model or some nonsense like that. They've actively changed her face since the initial press release and she looks more like her original self so comparing the two "now" is pointless. The face was distracting, but it was really setting the stage for what wormie wormie just said and it may be a ton of woke garbage story telling.

Regardless, Im still going to play Elden Ring first.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hamster cheeks is good enough reason for me not to buy this day one and wait for confirmation of lack of SJW faggotry. Doesnt matter what first game had, its 2022 and SJW faggotry is the default assumption.
I doubt the studio is going to change its mindset on that aspect, it was the foundation for Zero Dawn, and I'm sure it'll be in this version as well. If Aloy had been Alan, and Elisabet Sobek had been Michael Sobek, the game would not have recieved as much praise, imo.

I never played Zero Dawn due to one of the main dev's being a total sjw, but I did watch playthroughs. I felt the graphic fidelity was very good, but the aesthetics of the people looked super weird and unappealing (the clothing, etc). Overall the game seemed alright, not super heavy in pushing sjw values, but towards the end when Aloy was viewing so many data vids from the final days it was a lot of cringe. Then the final nail was the scene where Aloy finds Sobek's corpse while listening to a conversation between Gaia and Sobek. Gaia asked whether Sobek would have wanted a boy or girl, and Sobek says a girl with just a bit inflection on "her" to make it seem as if it would be the only choice. I just found that really off-putting, so bleh.

I might try this out simply to play a well made action adventure, but I'll wait for a sale.