Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I really hope the story and lore is as good or better than the first one.

I was going to say the same thing. The gameplay of the first was fantastic, but what made the game so great as a whole was uncovering the lore and story. They did that SO fucking well.

This one needs to be just as good if not better in that regard or it will disappoint.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to say the same thing. The gameplay of the first was fantastic, but what made the game so great as a whole was uncovering the lore and story. They did that SO fucking well.

This one needs to be just as good if not better in that regard or it will disappoint.

Yeah the way the story was presented was what elevated the game for me. It was so well layered. Listening to the audio tapes, and reading the journals expended the story is such an interesting way, how what happened affected people who worked on the project and their families. It's not necessary, but reading them just enhanced the story so much.

I'm hoping for a good story, but a lot of the mystery is gone and that won't be easily replaced but that's fine as long as tell a compelling story again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Am I the only one who really didn't like the controls? Maybe it is because I played a lot of DS3 and Bloodborne before trying out the HZD, but the controls just didn't feel very tight on either PS4 or PC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who really didn't like the controls? Maybe it is because I played a lot of DS3 and Bloodborne before trying out the HZD, but the controls just didn't feel very tight on either PS4 or PC.

They seemed pretty responsive to me. I recently played AC:Odyssey, and am currently playing Guardians of the Galaxy, and both are noticeably worse... especially GotG. Super sluggish.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought the original when it came out for the PS4, played it, sold it. Then I was gifted the game on Steam and thought I might as well play the expansion since the games came back to me. I dont know if the controls was what it was, but something about the PC version just felt off in comparison. So maybe it was the controls? Idk - but both were very playable imo.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The background story and world building they've achieved with the first one was stellar. Can't wait for the pc version of the sequel. I did like the controls on pc, no complaints there. It's easy to ruin a console port and I'm kinda picky on that matter, but HZD felt just fine.

I hope they branch into other games that are more than just telling a story. I want a more "Monster Hunter" experience in that setting. I played some more HZD after completing the story, side quests and expansion, but ultimately that's just for fun, there's no purpose or progression left. I dunno, is fun a good enough reason? It used to be, but after getting trained to by all games since 2000 to always be "progressing" it's kinda difficult to shake off.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After finishing up that armor with a force field or w/e, I went back through everything that I missed/skipped and cleaned out the games content. Even with armor that strong, it was still a lot of fun. By the time you get that armor, there is really no progression past that iirc - so ya, everything else was "just for fun." Really gave me a chance to fill in the background of the lore as well. Its a single player game, not WoW or something.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Progression needs to have an end-point IMO. As much as I enjoyed AC:Odyssey, I really didn't care much for the constant scaling of everything, which is what's required if you're going to go with constant progression. I'd gain a level and be worse off until I upgraded my weapon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It was unplayable for me on a controller, but worked great on Mouse/Keyboard, but then I got better at controller afterwards.

• 1Pathetic

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hopefully this game has some good dungeon diving like the first, I enjoyed crawling around in some of the caves and exploring some of the facilities.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I don't remember any of the caves outside of the handful of facilities you went in during the story and killed dumb humanoid enemies.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
The bunkers where you worked your way through killing humanoids but then would have to release one of the machines in a confined area were interesting, if I recall correctly completing the bunker would allow you to control the machine type you conquered at the end.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
After finishing up that armor with a force field or w/e, I went back through everything that I missed/skipped and cleaned out the games content. Even with armor that strong, it was still a lot of fun. By the time you get that armor, there is really no progression past that iirc - so ya, everything else was "just for fun." Really gave me a chance to fill in the background of the lore as well. Its a single player game, not WoW or something.

I loved this game so much, I bought this twice, playing through it on PC, including the new expansion thingy. Was a ton of fun. Seeing how it wasn't new to me, I spent an hour or two getting the power armor as soon as they turned me into a seeker (basically the start of the game lol). THAT was a fun mini game in itself, a lot of game glitching that was super challenging. I don't recommend doing it your first playthrough, it makes things way too easy lol. Damn this looked good on PC

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I loved this game so much, I bought this twice, playing through it on PC, including the new expansion thingy. Was a ton of fun. Seeing how it wasn't new to me, I spent an hour or two getting the power armor as soon as they turned me into a seeker (basically the start of the game lol). THAT was a fun mini game in itself, a lot of game glitching that was super challenging. I don't recommend doing it your first playthrough, it makes things way too easy lol. Damn this looked good on PC

Does it let you live and take a couple of hits from a Strider without dying like a bitch even though you're in your level 20's?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Amazing how all the characters look like their actors EXCEPT ONE
Do you blame them lol. Not even I want my protagonist to look like Ashly Burch (she's def cute in her own way but not main protagonist material.)

Also you can tell from that trailer with the Aloy/Sylens scene that they made a last-minute change to pretty her up a bit:

1642822349537.png

1642822364216.png

loooooool. Funny how she suddenly looks a bit more like the one on the right...

Last edited:
  • 1Like