Horizon: Zero Dawn

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm holding strong on my "Don't buy any more games until I beat 5 of my backlog", but this thread is making it hard. Pirating the new Zelda was kind of cheating, though.

Yeah.. I'm in the same boat.. I want to wait until I finish Witcher 3.. but damn the reviews from this game are making it difficult.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There is certainly no reason to wait for more reviews imo, this game is awesome and it's the kind of game that makes me glad to be a gamer.

You should DEFINITELY buy this game if you own a PS4.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah.. I'm in the same boat.. I want to wait until I finish Witcher 3.. but damn the reviews from this game are making it difficult.

Go out and play this game immediately and finish Witcher 3 later. That game was released in 2015. Get with the times old man! :)

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
This game is awesome so far. I made the mistake of playing it with the wife next to me, she's so taken in with the story that I decided to cut my session short when she went to bed so she wouldn't miss any cut scenes =( Damnn youuuu!!!!!

Gameplay mechanics are spot-on and solid. The skill trees are a bit weak imo, although it's early yet so I'll reserve final judgement, but nothing earthshattering like in Shadows of Mordor, more like skills improve +1.

It's hard to compare this game to others, because it still has that new-car smell to it, and I had the same reactions when I played Witcher 3 and UC4. I loved Witcher 3, so much to do and so many ways to do it. The whole Witcher series has to be some of the best all-time RPGs out there. Uncharted series was some of the best story telling ever, although I agree UC4 was a bit of a let-down. Too much been-there, done-that, and the gameplay mechanics were basically the same as the previous in the series....what was once revolutionary becomes old hat. Like ledges breaking in the first game gave me a bit of a startle, but by the fourth game you know you aren't going to fall and you just grab the next ledge. Still, it wrapped up the story pretty nicely.

My ALL-TIME favorite game in the past decade is The Last of Us. That game was perfection to me, especially the story. We'll see if this game/story comes close, but that is some rather large shoes to fill in my case. This game even borrows a little bit from TLOU with the whole "young girl/older father figure-mentor-protector" vibe. I can see this being better than UC4 and FO4, being on par with Witcher 3, and coming close to The Last of Us, if the story continues to improve as it has so far in the early going.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If you're patient, and the game is well supported, the GOTY edition with some good DLC in a year is worth the wait for most titles. Just as a voice for why you should finish your backlog. We aren't 12, we don't need to beat the game contemporary to our buddies anymore.

• 2Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Love you buddy. But never mention Horizon and Far Cry Primal in the same sentence ever again.

I know you had a personal vendetta against that game, but the wife and I both enjoyed it for what it was. Fundamentally, the style of game is pretty close to FC:p in its design intent. Open world, do side missions, kill monsters, expand arsenal, craft shit, expand map fog, and maybe do the main story if you feel like it. I personally have to many games waiting to be played and just came off of playing the last Tomb Raider, but my wife is giving this one a shot and it is impressive to watch. The atmosphere could use a little more character to it, though. Thats my only issue with it as an observer. It looks like Sci Fi Channel and Cartoon Network Toonami had a bastard child, lacking the distinctive feel that games like FO3-4 or W3 had. Thats a pretty minor nitpick, though. Its easily the best sandbox game to come out this year so far.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Had troubles getting HDR to work, had to disconnect the PS VR dongle HDMI thingy to get it to work.
Just FYI, this isn't a game bug. The psvr box doesn't support HDR pass-through.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I know you had a personal vendetta against that game, but the wife and I both enjoyed it for what it was. Fundamentally, the style of game is pretty close to FC:p in its design intent. Open world, do side missions, kill monsters, expand arsenal, craft shit, expand map fog, and maybe do the main story if you feel like it.

upload_2017-3-1_16-22-14.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ending sequences were pretty epic, a couple things I didn't care for:
Arab lady wearing a hijab waxing on about preservation of knowledge...
Elisabet showing a perference for wanting a female child by stressing "her" in the dialog...come on, take what you get, bitch!

Other than those, the game was impressive.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The ending sequences were pretty epic, a couple things I didn't care for:
Arab lady wearing a hijab waxing on about preservation of knowledge...
Elisabet showing a perference for wanting a female child by stressing "her" in the dialog...come on, take what you get, bitch!

Other than those, the game was impressive.

Definitely not reading your spoilers (but thank you for tagging them) .....but you finished the game already? Hot damn! What's the /played?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game has come out at the worst possible time for me. I'm still trying to finish up Nioh and Zelda comes out on Friday. I want to play the new RCR too. Thankfully my time is easing up, but Persona 5 comes out next month so I should be just finishing up those two games by the time it comes out. Persona 5 is by far my most anticipated game so no chance in hell I'm back burning that game.

It's just crazy how during Christmas time I didn't have that many games I wanted to play and now it's releaseapoolza now. I shouldn't complain, but I hate how games that I want to play get crammed so close together sometimes that I have to forgo some and hopefully can get to them at a later time. It feels like September/October has come early this early!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well my evening was gathering to expand all of my bags. I managed to get all of them to 3 I think, ressource to 4 i beleive, fun time.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This game has come out at the worst possible time for me. I'm still trying to finish up Nioh and Zelda comes out on Friday. I want to play the new RCR too. Thankfully my time is easing up, but Persona 5 comes out next month so I should be just finishing up those two games by the time it comes out. Persona 5 is by far my most anticipated game so no chance in hell I'm back burning that game.

It's just crazy how during Christmas time I didn't have that many games I wanted to play and now it's releaseapoolza now. I shouldn't complain, but I hate how games that I want to play get crammed so close together sometimes that I have to forgo some and hopefully can get to them at a later time. It feels like September/October has come early this early!

Am in the same boat... plus Nier next week. Was gonna hold of on this but the reviews and word of mouth is just too strong. Just gonna accept having huge backlog that will last till summer.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit!!!!! Minor spoiler at first vantage point when you find your first one.

We are in fucking Colorado??? Mile high stadium when you focus and look at it from the past!!!!!

Haha cool. Easily amused but wasn't expecting that.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Meh. I'm glad I just rented this. I don't understand how a post-apocalyptic setting with MECHANICAL DINOSAURS is so mundane. This game is thoroughly formulaic (I thought we were done with MMO-style fetch quests) and there's zero reason to care about any of these characters.

• 2Smuggly
  • 1Picard
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 4 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing it now its alot like tomb raider with herb and part farming. The story is good but after 7 hours the combat is getting old already.

• 1Solidarity

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Not a honeymoon issue? The game has been out a day.

Who gives a shit? I beat Uncharted 4 the second day it was out and my opinion of the game hasn't changed an inkling since that day. Either you enjoy the game while you are playing it or you don't. Unless your one of those guys who has to wait and let other people tell what is and isn't a good game your point holds no water. The gameplay isn't going to change a month from now or a year from now and it's better than UC4's by a large margin. Like I said, unless the story just shits the bed at some point Horizon is the better game.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
UC4 and Witcher 3 really didn't have all that great of gameplay anyways. That was never their strengths.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Meh. I'm glad I just rented this. I don't understand how a post-apocalyptic setting with MECHANICAL DINOSAURS is so mundane. This game is thoroughly formulaic (I thought we were done with MMO-style fetch quests) and there's zero reason to care about any of these characters.

I haven't heard it was like Dragon Age style fetch quests.

• 1Like