Horizon: Zero Dawn

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a blast also. Hunting dinosaurs is just awesome, I find it really rewarding when you plan correctly, or just land 3-4 headshot in a row, and they all die. :)

I'm a pack rat in pretty much all games, and I'm having inventory issue. Upgraded all my bags to level 2, and ressources and another one to level 3. I'm still full. I need to figure out what I can safely sell.

The few side quests I did were interesting, although not memorable they were good enough.

The best part really is the setting, and the mystery of what happened.

I'm level 8 now, and off to bed.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the mystery. I cannot wait to find out what the hell happened. I am at a part now (5 hours in and advanced the story past the proving) that there are two mysteries now.

For the first time in I cannot even remember how long I find myself going through all the dialogue options for every conversation I have. And scanning anything I can to unlock audio files and such.

I am about one minute away from upgrading to hdr 4k and a ps pro.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I am about one minute away from upgrading to hdr 4k and a ps pro.

I don't know what the game looks like on the standard PS4, but 4k and HDR is just breathtaking. I never imagined they could get these graphics, with stable frames, out of this machine. Guerrilla Games is indeed filled with wizards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Playing the supersampled version on my projector, it's fucking glorious. Fuck 4k until they get a reasonably priced real 4k projector.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
With this and then red dead 2, may have to buy a ps4 and be a console pleb again.

I did brother. Bloodborne alone was actually worth it honestly.

That is a damn good game. I haven't got to this one yet!

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Been enjoying watching the boy play it. What a good looking game. Best robot dinosaurs ever.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Utnayan Utnayan You've sold me, I only just bought a ps4 pro and a bunch of games and most lay unplayed but I have the itch to play this one so bad.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Bought a PS4 Pro for this and I'll get a KS8000 in the next few weeks. Can't wait.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit is this game good!

As of right now, this is better than uncharted 4 and witcher 3.
You either hate games intensely or love them intensely, no middle ground with you! =)

I can't agree with you that this game is better than Uncharted 4, unless you meant graphically (and dino combat) since the graphics for this game continually amaze me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't say it's better than the Witcher 3 story wise, but I think it is mechanically for the most part.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I played way more last night than I should have and was thoroughly captivated. The world is open, but not unstructured and I keep finding myself making and revising guesses as to what the fuck is going on in this post-post-post-apocalyptic world.

I think the whole medicine pouch thing is ingenious, but not because of the healing functionality. Having to go collect herbs for health has me wandering off the 'path' a good deal and therefore stumbling onto all sorts of things that I might not have noticed otherwise. I also love that there is no mini-map. It forces you to pay attention to your surroundings rather than just driving a dot on a minimap from encounter to encounter.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
At the end I better find out everyone is robots. It would explain the dialogue and facial animations.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Meh, checked my ps4 box this morning and apparently didn't put the original HD back in after I replaced it. Now I've gotta figure out which of these 5 HDs in my 'random computer shit' box may be the original.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Plugged about 4 hours in yesterday. It's really a joy to play -- everything feels fluid and intuitive. I'm yet to encounter a single bug or hiccup, besides some brief fog pop-in during a cutscene. I'm only playing on a standard PS4 at 1080, but it still looks amazing. I spent a good minute just checking out a random tree that was covered in ivy because it was just so beautifully detailed in terms of texture and animation.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I'm gonna have to agree with Ut and say it's better than UC4 and TW3. I don't know if the story will be better when it's all said and done, but the moment to moment gameplay is definitely better. They really nailed it with this game and I hope to see more from this IP in the future.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Better than TW3? Let's give it more than 1 day before talking crazy.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users