Horizon: Zero Dawn

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would LOVE to see this thing end up on an....

Apollo Space ship

And...

It could start there, and end on the world it found to repopulate/explore/find things/rebuild society

and then...

Apollo turns out to be a time travel program in a plot twist and the real dinosaurs we were fighting turned out to be just us on Planet Earth.... in the jurassic period. And the CEO found the technology in an archeological dig, claimed it, and jump started his entire wealth on these finds, which started this whole mess.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks for using spoilers! I keep checking this thread like an idiot and I haven't beaten the game yet!

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

Apollo Space ship

And...

It could start there, and end on the world it found to repopulate/explore/find things/rebuild society

and then...

Apollo turns out to be a time travel program in a plot twist and the real dinosaurs we were fighting turned out to be just us on Planet Earth.... in the jurassic period. And the CEO found the technology in an archeological dig, claimed it, and jump started his entire wealth on these finds, which started this whole mess.
Sooo...

A bizarro Planet of the Apes 2?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for using spoilers! I keep checking this thread like an idiot and I haven't beaten the game yet!
I do the same when I'm playing games like this. We may be notorious for our behavior in screenshots and the MMO subforums, but our community is (for the most part) awesome and respectful in this subforum.

• 3Solidarity

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Well that's what keeps us coming back right, we can bitch and moan but we are all here for the same thing, to get these games to illicit a response from us.

I'm just thankful we have good games currently, we had some dry times over the past decade to say the least. I think the general consensus of this forum Is that 90% of games suck, and we are right. :)

• 3Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
I have absolutely found that to be true and it's one of the reasons I always came here to read what people thought of various games over the years. Helped immensely.

This one though is fucking amazing and I don't want it to stop. At the last Mission now, just wrapping up some side quests first before continuing. The end game armor is retarded and game breaking but I love it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They've done studies that have shown that being told the outcome before hand actually increases your enjoyment in movies vs being surprised. I'm sure the same applies to video game plots

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Apollo Space ship

And...

and then...

Please no fuck no... hahaha

I'd rather have Ted come back and face off against Aloy then that

• 1Like

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Finished the final story mission. What a great fucking game.

Great game but man they need to put a designer on boss fights. Most of them were boring. The final fight felt un-epic as hell. I LOVED the game as a whole though, and can't wait for the DLC.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Great game but man they need to put a designer on boss fights. Most of them were boring. The final fight felt un-epic as hell. I LOVED the game as a whole though, and can't wait for the DLC.
Yeah, I was pleased with the mechanics and holistic combat system(s), but they leaned a little too heavily on those systems when it came to signature encounters (aka boss fights). Outside of when you're being introduced to the ancient machines, I don't recall a single instance of a boss machine being mechanically different than its open world counterparts.

Edit: It's tough to fairly judge combat in a game that can have dozens of hours of gameplay. It's not very realistic to expect a developer to make a 40 hour game that's jam packed with unique and interesting encounters. You're going to essentially be doing the same tactics and using the same weapons after a certain point. If that point is hour 20 in a 40 hour game, you can't help but feel like the combat is getting repetitive and monotonous by the time you've beaten it.

Ladro

Anomaly
Last boss was definitely not as exciting as I hoped, but the story sort of makes up for it I guess. The power curve could have been adjusted a little bit I think. Three quarters of the way through the game I felt super OP and wasn't scared of anything like I was in the beginning. Once I got the end game armor everything was a joke and it just became a matter of time and ammo to kill anything, even the toughest mobs. I am also swimming in shards, which is so weird considering how concerned I was in the beginning about getting them to buy gear. They could have done something differently with that to make it take longer to get more powerful but I suppose in an open world game you can't really stop people from farming, etc.

I am a bit irritated that I can't get the platinum trophy because the 30 headshot trophy is glitched out or something. 353 headshots and no trophy. WTF?!

eVdZefc.jpg

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
That blows.

I just got the plat trophy(probably the easiest plat I've ever seen) and give the game a solid 8.5 out of 10. The graphics/style/robots are phenomenal. I can't remember the last game that had me just stopping and staring at shit like I do in this game. The models and lighting are top notch. The story was unique and pretty interesting. I liked the little post-credit sequel bait. All in all, a great game. I'm glad that Sony finally had Guerilla tackle a fresh IP. Killzone was terrible boring.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For a first try at a open style game, they did really great with what they had made, more robots are planned,
with Frozen Wilds already seen the Bear robot(Yellowstone park wooo) and I still say that's a full on Metal Devil fight at Devils Tower, course weird thing other then the corrupted bear bot, all the robots seem to be in a calmed state(like the small Banuk section you play) so maybe Gaia's actual Core is at Devil's Tower?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Incoming Horizon patch adds new game+ and harder difficulty.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
jesus fucking christ Ultra Hard, Shieldweaver is useless, 1 hit shields gone + 1/2 HP, Stalkers are tricky tricky, Thunderjaws are Apex Predators , haven't even thought of facing off against a Stormbird...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
jesus fucking christ Ultra Hard, Shieldweaver is useless
There is apparently a NG+ new armor called 'Adept' and weapons that you can get from hunting grounds. 4 mod slots or something? I dunno, still on first play lol.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Adept weapons and armor I've found, only bonus is the 4th slot(slight increase in dmg reduction vs the elements there designed for) but other then that *meh*, git gud is the answer I guess, wish they would fix the stealth mods but ahwell gives me something to do till Frozen Wilds..

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought the shield armor was game breaking. Im glad to see it punked in the hard mode. Squaring off against a T-Rex just felt imbalanced af. You knew at that point you were done with the game.