Horizon: Zero Dawn

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm still crashing a lot. I requested a refund and will just play my unplayed copy on my PlayStation after all I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am having the same issue. I am hoping they iron it all out. The experience on PC is vastly superior otherwise to the PS4 and I really enjoyed it on PS4.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Played for an hour today with no crashes. Not sure if the patch helped or some settings I used from a post in Horizon steam forum.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Crash issues seem to have been fixed for nvidia.

Game runs well enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

New patch today. Have not tried it yet myself. Took a break after I finished the main quest, just did not feel like crashing through the DLC. Snow deformation is in the game but no clue on the crash issues.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is this actually fun to play on PC, or is the only fun trying to get it to run well on your computer and then never actually playing it?

1598897588346.png

Aazrael

Running well is probably impossible by now. They really made a bad port. However I enjoyed it alot and don't see how I could play this on PS4 with a gamepad.

Xerge

<Donor>
I don't understand the complaints yet. I grabbed my copy on Epic Store due to still having a coupon so I managed to get it for 45 CAD. So far zero crashes and my frames have been 50-60 steady. I expect more FPS however what I have been getting is plenty fine anyway. 8700k/2060/16g ram@1440p.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Dark Souls just ruined me for all of these games.

The controls on this game are so clunky and the camera is fucking awful for almost any fight involving a large machine.

Also, the fact that they put a goddamn aimbot on most of these monsters to go along with the bad controls is fucking maddening.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Stop being poors and play it on the console if the PC port sucks. It was GOTY when it came out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Is this actually fun to play on PC, or is the only fun trying to get it to run well on your computer and then never actually playing it?

View attachment 298341

The game runs well and looks better then on PS4.

People just expected to run it at 60fps 4K on their comps, which isn't happening with current gen hardware.

Graphics, music, menu's, gameplay, .. everything is at least equal to or better to PS4. Playing with M/KB is a vastly superior experience.

Stating its a bad port is just retarded.

Aazrael

The game runs well and looks better then on PS4.

People just expected to run it at 60fps 4K on their comps, which isn't happening with current gen hardware.

Graphics, music, menu's, gameplay, .. everything is at least equal to or better to PS4. Playing with M/KB is a vastly superior experience.

Stating its a bad port is just retarded.
Nah I just wanted to be able to play it without crashing every 30 minutes, besides that issue it was a great game and looks really good. Speaking of crashing, did they sort that out yet? I still need to play through the Frozen Wilds part, waiting on the 3080 to come home first though.

Aazrael

Benchmarked the 3080 today. Everything max and vsync off. Went from 34fps on gtx1070 to this.

Screenshot_20200922-202721_Photos.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Meh, now I have to buy a new card.

4k.png

2k.png

Does this mean my CPU is limiting my FPS or will a new card do?

You can tell from the background of the screenshots, there is a pretty noticeable difference between 4k w/HDR and 2k without.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Meh, now I have to buy a new card.

View attachment 304421
View attachment 304423

Does this mean my CPU is limiting my FPS or will a new card do?

You can tell from the background of the screenshots, there is a pretty noticeable difference between 4k w/HDR and 2k without.
Those are some horrible numbers, there's gotta be some quality settings you can turn down.

I'm not even attempting to get this game until I have a better card than my GTX 1080.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Those are some horrible numbers, there's gotta be some quality settings you can turn down.

I'm not even attempting to get this game until I have a better card than my GTX 1080.

Yeah, I just ran benchmark at max. I don't play it on ultimate.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is 20% off on Steam right now. Still not sure if I'm gonna buy it since I've got it on PS4 and I still want to play my NG+.