Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is Aloy supposed to be a lesbian?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't get over the robot animals. This is literally the dumbest fucking shit imaginable. Hunting advanced animal androids with a bow and spear. This some retarded shit that some neck beard designers came up with while dropping acid and no one had the balls to tell them how stupid it was.

Then why even fucking bother with the game? Just so you can virtue signal about hating it?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Janeva presents as male, and says "I'm not one of your sisters. No woman can wear Carja armour," but his name is Janeva. By Carja naming conventions, a vowel sound at the end denotes a girl, suggesting Janeva was assigned female at birth and has kept his name, but has assumed the role, attire, and look of a male. In a way, it's progressive - many trans people change their name in order to go stealth, and even those like myself who are openly trans change their names because of the stress society places on names, and because using a male name would likely see society question our gender even further. The youngest generation seem to be opting for gender neutral names in a punk inversion of these conventions - see: Hunter Schafer - but Janeva's embrace of his birth name while rejecting his birth gender is equally fascinating.

Yes, quite fascinating

• 1Worf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Sounds like you dont know what virtue signalling is

Half the characters I meet are joggers, this game is filled with SJW dogshit

Is Aloy supposed to be a lesbian?

Janeva presents as male, and says "I'm not one of your sisters. No woman can wear Carja armour," but his name is Janeva. By Carja naming conventions, a vowel sound at the end denotes a girl, suggesting Janeva was assigned female at birth and has kept his name, but has assumed the role, attire, and look of a male. In a way, it's progressive - many trans people change their name in order to go stealth, and even those like myself who are openly trans change their names because of the stress society places on names, and because using a male name would likely see society question our gender even further. The youngest generation seem to be opting for gender neutral names in a punk inversion of these conventions - see: Hunter Schafer - but Janeva's embrace of his birth name while rejecting his birth gender is equally fascinating.

Yes, quite fascinating

trump GIF

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
There is a lot more to the narrative than meets the eye. I am not sensitive to spoilers but this game has to be experienced to understand it and a lot of things come into focus about halfway through. It's good to great, even with all of the other stuff that has already been mentioned. The quick respawn I had forgotten about but mostly by the end I was good enough at the combat that it was more of a hassle to fight anything than a challenge. There is equipment to helps trivialize encounters if you aren't looking to play dress up. It's sad if they nerfed Aloy's face in this version too because LGBTards decided to ruin another game like they did ME: Andromeda. We live in the time with the best stuff but the worst culture.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The game is good, because you can make a lot of assumptions about what the plot is going to be when you start, and it still ends up surprising you exactly what path it takes to get there. It's obvious you're in a post-apocalypse from the start, and yet exactly what happens, and what different things that different people chose to do about it, matter a lot to the big reveals in the story. The graphics are one of the main strong points, unless you have a potato PC. The sequel has probably the best graphics of any game on any system.

The only real downside to the game is that there's a lot of sidequest bloat in the middle, and yes, the more sidequests you cram into a modern western RPG, the more sidequests are going to have some random woke bullshit in it, because apparently the junior devs that get assigned to sidequest-making all apparently want to put their personal hobby horses in the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's called valid criticism.

Is it?

If you hate everything about the game then feel free to stop playing.

Otherwise you're just threadshitting every minor gripe when some of us are expecting some fresh Zero Dawn news

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The game is good, because you can make a lot of assumptions about what the plot is going to be when you start, and it still ends up surprising you exactly what path it takes to get there. It's obvious you're in a post-apocalypse from the start, and yet exactly what happens, and what different things that different people chose to do about it, matter a lot to the big reveals in the story. The graphics are one of the main strong points, unless you have a potato PC. The sequel has probably the best graphics of any game on any system.

The only real downside to the game is that there's a lot of sidequest bloat in the middle, and yes, the more sidequests you cram into a modern western RPG, the more sidequests are going to have some random woke bullshit in it, because apparently the junior devs that get assigned to sidequest-making all apparently want to put their personal hobby horses in the game.
how can you be so right about video games and so wrong about podcasts?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Is it?

If you hate everything about the game then feel free to stop playing.

Otherwise you're just threadshitting every minor gripe when some of us are expecting some fresh Zero Dawn news

Feel free to stop reading the thread if my news is not sufficient enough for you

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No one would play in any of the politics threads so he went hunting elsewhere. Like a woman unhappy unless arguing over something.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
No one would play in any of the politics threads so he went hunting elsewhere. Like a woman unhappy unless arguing over something.

It's not like half the threads in this forum are already about arguing about this kind of shit. Then again the crowd over in the Movies/TV sections would probably just agree with him.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It's sad if they nerfed Aloy's face in this version too because LGBTards decided to ruin another game like they did ME: Andromeda. We live in the time with the best stuff but the worst culture.

Did they make her more mousey or something? She's not classically attractive which was probably intentional to get uggos like Mist Mist to identify with her more and she has a unisex name. Grrrl power, unconventionally attractive, unisex name and possible lesbian -- this is the dream SJW stew.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked it but I definitely thought it was overhyped at the time of release. It was no God Of war, Last of us 1, or Uncharted 2.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked it but I definitely thought it was overhyped at the time of release. It was no God Of war, Last of us 1, or Uncharted 2.
Yeah I can't get into this game, I just finished the Proving so really, really early but the Elden Ring hangover is real. I find myself constantly criticizing the movement and climbing and combat...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I can't get into this game, I just finished the Proving so really, really early but the Elden Ring hangover is real. I find myself constantly criticizing the movement and climbing and combat...
That's the tutorial. Anyone who quits this game before they get to the first Cauldron is doing themselves a disservice. There's a lot more going on than it first appears.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Did they make her more mousey or something? She's not classically attractive which was probably intentional to get uggos like Mist Mist to identify with her more and she has a unisex name. Grrrl power, unconventionally attractive, unisex name and possible lesbian -- this is the dream SJW stew.
They made her more manly and square jawed for the sequel, I know. Previous comments seemed to indicate that this ugging-up was also retroactively included in the original game at some point. I haven't played since the Frozen North? DLC. I was looking forward to the sequel until they showed how badly they had Trannyed her face and decided to pass.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They made her more manly and square jawed for the sequel, I know. Previous comments seemed to indicate that this ugging-up was also retroactively included in the original game at some point. I haven't played since the Frozen North? DLC. I was looking forward to the sequel until they showed how badly they had Trannyed her face and decided to pass.
There were no retroactive changes. This is literally just some incel mental illness that started on Twitter.

You should all seriously examine yourselves.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's the tutorial. Anyone who quits this game before they get to the first Cauldron is doing themselves a disservice. There's a lot more going on than it first appears.
I'm gonna keep at it for sure, but I'm struggling to get into it.