Horizon: Zero Dawn

Brad2770

God this game is fucking gay. Played it for a few levels.

Plot and concept is utter garbage, "hey let's have a female heroine from a primitive society fight animals.
They already made a game like that
Ok then the animals will be robot animals!"

Endless dialogue and exposition of this shitty plot. The cutscenes and other faggotry were just exhausting. I don't give a fuck about your made up religion and your awkwardly bad dialogue.

Half the characters I meet are joggers, this game is filled with SJW dogshit

This is basically reskinned Assassin's Creed

Fighting is gay. Shooting gas tanks on the backs of robot deer is some fucking retarded shit.

Game has endless logic contradictions. The character is some primitive girl but knows what DNA is and how it works?

She uses a bow and spear but can't figure out how to make a gun from all the other robot parts and guns she sees? Lives like a primitive but can ride a robot horse she controls with her override tool?

Fuck this game and how stupid it is.

Must have ate borscht this morning. I would be this bitter too.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I am super sensitive to that stuff and managed to get through with a few eyerolls. I played it on PS4 Pro on release, though, so maybe there was less SJW Woke BS in the world when we did it the first time. I still have picked up the sequel because they fucked up her face and as I understand it, upped the Woke quotient even higher.

This game, though, if you can get past the female lead and who is left in the world, is a great game and I highly recommend playing it. The world is pretty good, the narrative has some twists, etc. It was a great time.

Understand if you can't, but maybe give it another shot and look past as much as you can. If you can't though, here's to better luck next time.

I can't get over the robot animals. This is literally the dumbest fucking shit imaginable. Hunting advanced animal androids with a bow and spear. This some retarded shit that some neck beard designers came up with while dropping acid and no one had the balls to tell them how stupid it was.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I am super sensitive to that stuff and managed to get through with a few eyerolls. I played it on PS4 Pro on release, though, so maybe there was less SJW Woke BS in the world when we did it the first time. I still have picked up the sequel because they fucked up her face and as I understand it, upped the Woke quotient even higher.

This game, though, if you can get past the female lead and who is left in the world, is a great game and I highly recommend playing it. The world is pretty good, the narrative has some twists, etc. It was a great time.

Understand if you can't, but maybe give it another shot and look past as much as you can. If you can't though, here's to better luck next time.
Why does anyone even reply to that russian bot?

Brad2770

I can't get over the robot animals. This is literally the dumbest fucking shit imaginable. Hunting advanced animal androids with a bow and spear. This some retarded shit that some neck beard designers came up with while dropping acid and no one had the balls to tell them how stupid it was.

Do you know the full story of the game? It’s kind of relevant.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Do you know the full story of the game? It’s kind of relevant.
Considering you don't really find out until the end, I'm gonna guess not. At the start, you only can make theories which would be close to correct but not totally correct.

It's not "because climate change" like the most obvious first assumption.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, that's a real shitty take. Just being an absurd premise doesn't make something bad.

John Woo and Nicolas Cage have proven that shit time and time again

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Lives like a primitive but can ride a robot horse she controls with her override tool?
This is the dumbest of all your takes and shows you weren't even paying attention to the game you're playing. This is an ability she gains after taking apart one of the corrupted machines a few hours into the game and she's one a handful of people in the world that can do this. It's not like she was living her entire life with the ability to override machines.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's a real shitty take. Just being an absurd premise doesn't make something bad.

John Woo and Nicolas Cage have proven that shit time and time again
To be fair I avoided this game for over 3 years because the premise from merely looking at the advertising materials was dumb as fuck. Only once you actually start playing for a while does it even begin to make sense.

Even after playing through the starting area and getting 2-3 hours into the game and I remember messaging a friend "wtf is this, The Girl Who Hacks Horses?" and then it actually starts slowly making sense.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Considering you don't really find out until the end, I'm gonna guess not. At the start, you only can make theories which would be close to correct but not totally correct.

It's not "because climate change" like the most obvious first assumption.

Well, I thought it was all kind of silly until the story was fleshed out. The game was fun and killing the strange machines was a lot of fun.

I was just curious if he already knew considering the game had been out for awhile and since he was posting in here, I figured it had been spoiled to him at one point. I wanted to confirm.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This is the dumbest of all your takes and shows you weren't even paying attention to the game you're playing. This is an ability she gains after taking apart one of the corrupted machines a few hours into the game and she's one a handful of people in the world that can do this. It's not like she was living her entire life with the ability to override machines.

Where did I say she lived her life with the ability? I watched that sequence happen.

But this pretty much proves my point. A primitive who hunts with bow and spear is able to take apart advanced electronics, reprogram them and use them to control robot animals.

Read that sentence again and think how fucking retarded that premise is.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Well, I thought it was all kind of silly until the story was fleshed out. The game was fun and killing the strange machines was a lot of fun.

I was just curious if he already knew considering the game had been out for awhile and since he was posting in here, I figured it had been spoiled to him at one point. I wanted to confirm.

Something about some corporation a thousand years ago building a bunch of self replicating robots that overrun the earth.

Brad2770

Something about some corporation a thousand years ago building a bunch of self replicating robots that overrun the earth.

That’s a piece of it. It really is a good story. And the harder difficulties makes it a lot of fun. Just make sure you do the DLC as soon as it is available. It’s meant to be done before you finish the main story.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who doesn't like this game is a weird and bad person. This is a known scientific fact.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

This game was incredible just for the scenery. I only have two screenshots from a game saved to my phone and they are both from this game.

I have posted these before, but I love them.

8D41B085-9796-425B-8F44-B978D42BC2BC.jpeg
79992CCC-1099-4920-AA84-032960B6A80A.jpeg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, awesome if you were 5 years old

What kind of fag complains that a video game isn't 100% realistic.

On a message board founded on a game where giant cat people fight giant lizard people on the moon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, another sensitive to SJW bullshit person here. There's some minor stuff but not much, helps if you have pre nerfed character model. And the sequel I'm hesitant about. But the views and fighting robot dinasaurs from all my childhood type shit (dino riders etc) is amazing. And if you had guns it would be a lot more shallow and uninteresting. Maybe go w/ the people being a little less tech illiterate natives and just have some other make believe reason why weapons had to be more rudimentary, I don't care except there's robo dino's.

I think my only real complaint was you could sometimes just walk like 30 feet away turn around, and the Mecha Trex you just downed has respawned. Should have put the bigger baddies on a timer or something so you couldn't just about stack their bodies.