Horizon: Zero Dawn

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is it Carja Blazon??

I keed, thanks. It says here that it can be bought basically anywhere after Daybreak tower. So two questions:

1. How late in the game is Daybreak tower?
2. Is there any other outfit in the game that's hotter than this one, or is this pretty much it?

I sorta wish I were playing on Steam so I could get the mod version, but I got the PS4 version as a gift and got partway through it and want the platinum so I kinda have to play that one.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is it Carja Blazon??

I keed, thanks. It says here that it can be bought basically anywhere after Daybreak tower. So two questions:

1. How late in the game is Daybreak tower?
2. Is there any other outfit in the game that's hotter than this one, or is this pretty much it?

I sorta wish I were playing on Steam so I could get the mod version, but I got the PS4 version as a gift and got partway through it and want the platinum so I kinda have to play that one.
Its been years since I platinum’d but it’s a level 12 quest so I’d guess 1/4-1/3 through the main story.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They just patched this game again, added DLSS on the PC, got an 8% fps boost on the highest quality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Still never played this lol, I always mean to and never do
It's definitely one of the best single player, story-driven games of all time. I would put it up with Bioshock Infinite or SOMA as far as good, well-written sci-fi with a real emotional punch. But unlike Bioshock Infinite, which had really lackluster combat, this game had a really revolutionary and unique combat system, while also having all of the open-world aspects of Assassins Creed style games. If there was one complaint is that the game had a bit of side-quest and bloat in the middle portion of the game, and while some of it is skippable, a bunch of it actually does pay off in the finale sequence. I would skip the collectibles, at least in the base game.

The DLC, which comes free with the PC version, was very good and tightened up the few things that went wrong with the base game, not as many collectibles, the side quests were more relevant and in a tighter area, etc. Interestingly, you can do the DLC before finishing the base game, and it adds dialogue and dialogue options into a few of the base-game main story quests, or you can do the DLC after finishing the base game and there is some dialogue that gets added in the DLC based on plot discoveries from finishing the base game.

PS: if you play on anything less than Very Hard on PC, you are a giant pussy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My main complaint was rapid respawn of big world enemies. Like first time I fought a trex was amazing. Then ruined immersion when I walked 20 feet and turned around and it had respawned.

But yes, still great for anyone that enjoyed dinoriders/dinotopia etc.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My main complaint was rapid respawn of big world enemies. Like first time I fought a trex was amazing. Then ruined immersion when I walked 20 feet and turned around and it had respawned.

But yes, still great for anyone that enjoyed dinoriders/dinotopia etc.

I don't recall that ever happening, but I do definitely recall every area I ever saw one of those dinos in had at least 2 if not 3 of them roaming around. Maybe you saw its friend.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't recall that ever happening, but I do definitely recall every area I ever saw one of those dinos in had at least 2 if not 3 of them roaming around. Maybe you saw its friend.
Negative, I at one point was legit farming them later and would stack 2 corpses visible at a time and the spawn was in a little bowl depression, same would happen for the super mega chicken hawk things. Did you play console? Maybe a pc specific issue.

Most of any of the bigger dino's you could get to rapidly respawn I think except for like ones that had the long paths such as the crabs.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Negative, I at one point was legit farming them later and would stack 2 corpses visible at a time and the spawn was in a little bowl depression, same would happen for the super mega chicken hawk things. Did you play console? Maybe a pc specific issue.

Most of any of the bigger dino's you could get to rapidly respawn I think except for like ones that had the long paths such as the crabs.

Yes played on PS4. Possible that's the difference.

Brad2770

You could farm them. Can’t remember exactly on the map, but here’s a screenshot I took while farming one-

621D7308-5F8B-4E65-936C-1EEB8B08ECA6.jpeg

It respawned in this area, you would run not too far away and come back and it would be there.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was late to the party of HZD but I played it relentlessly once I'd picked it up on sale.

Only complaint was I used to hear that scanning noise in my dreams.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's a very distinctive sound. I used to play with headphones on and didn't even notice that the controller was making the sound until my fiance came downstairs and asked what the hell I was doing.

• 1Solidarity

Brad2770

This is my first purchase for the PS5. Looking forward to it.

If it ends up being woke…..

• 1Double Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's definitely one of the best single player, story-driven games of all time. I would put it up with Bioshock Infinite or SOMA as far as good, well-written sci-fi with a real emotional punch. But unlike Bioshock Infinite, which had really lackluster combat, this game had a really revolutionary and unique combat system, while also having all of the open-world aspects of Assassins Creed style games. If there was one complaint is that the game had a bit of side-quest and bloat in the middle portion of the game, and while some of it is skippable, a bunch of it actually does pay off in the finale sequence. I would skip the collectibles, at least in the base game.

The DLC, which comes free with the PC version, was very good and tightened up the few things that went wrong with the base game, not as many collectibles, the side quests were more relevant and in a tighter area, etc. Interestingly, you can do the DLC before finishing the base game, and it adds dialogue and dialogue options into a few of the base-game main story quests, or you can do the DLC after finishing the base game and there is some dialogue that gets added in the DLC based on plot discoveries from finishing the base game.

PS: if you play on anything less than Very Hard on PC, you are a giant pussy.

God this game is fucking gay. Played it for a few levels.

Plot and concept is utter garbage, "hey let's have a female heroine from a primitive society fight animals.
They already made a game like that
Ok then the animals will be robot animals!"

Endless dialogue and exposition of this shitty plot. The cutscenes and other faggotry were just exhausting. I don't give a fuck about your made up religion and your awkwardly bad dialogue.

Half the characters I meet are joggers, this game is filled with SJW dogshit

This is basically reskinned Assassin's Creed

Fighting is gay. Shooting gas tanks on the backs of robot deer is some fucking retarded shit.

Game has endless logic contradictions. The character is some primitive girl but knows what DNA is and how it works?

She uses a bow and spear but can't figure out how to make a gun from all the other robot parts and guns she sees? Lives like a primitive but can ride a robot horse she controls with her override tool?

Fuck this game and how stupid it is.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
God this game is fucking gay. Played it for a few levels.

Plot and concept is utter garbage, "hey let's have a female heroine from a primitive society fight animals.
They already made a game like that
Ok then the animals will be robot animals!"

Endless dialogue and exposition of this shitty plot. The cutscenes and other faggotry were just exhausting. I don't give a fuck about your made up religion and your awkwardly bad dialogue.

Half the characters I meet are joggers, this game is filled with SJW dogshit

This is basically reskinned Assassin's Creed

Fighting is gay. Shooting gas tanks on the backs of robot deer is some fucking retarded shit.

Game has endless logic contradictions. The character is some primitive girl but knows what DNA is and how it works?

She uses a bow and spear but can't figure out how to make a gun from all the other robot parts and guns she sees? Lives like a primitive but can ride a robot horse she controls with her override tool?

Fuck this game and how stupid it is.
I am super sensitive to that stuff and managed to get through with a few eyerolls. I played it on PS4 Pro on release, though, so maybe there was less SJW Woke BS in the world when we did it the first time. I still have picked up the sequel because they fucked up her face and as I understand it, upped the Woke quotient even higher.

This game, though, if you can get past the female lead and who is left in the world, is a great game and I highly recommend playing it. The world is pretty good, the narrative has some twists, etc. It was a great time.

Understand if you can't, but maybe give it another shot and look past as much as you can. If you can't though, here's to better luck next time.

• 1Like