House of Cards Season 4 (March 4, 2016)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not true.

GWB came to the military base that I was on and I had to do all of the phones for the different sites he was visiting. They also prepped 3 days before by crawling through the manholes and then tack welding them shut. They put up sniper nest all over around the venues he was going to be at. The morning of the event comes and I am there at 3 AM with two large tool bags with equipment ready to go just in case I have to fix any phones. I set up and they tell me not to go anywhere because they need to inspect all my equipment and take me through pat downs etc. They just plain forget to. I sat in a room alone 10 feet behind the podium with nothing between us but a regular glass window. That was just one of two times I was that close to him with no security checking me because they just assumed everyone in the military was safe.
Nice extreme anecdotal evidence!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah this season was waaaay better than last. I disliked robin wright's performance last season but this season i was enthralled. She completely won me over. The drama and tenseness is top notch this season. Anyone worried about the show going downhill can rest assured.

The only parts i disliked were a bit during the middle when circumstances take frank out of action for a while. But, it quickly recovers within 2-3 episodes.

Did anyone else think the Agar.io product placement was a little odd/random?

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Na made sense little by little eating everything up in Frank's way. I really needed one more ep tbh I want to know how the fallout effects the story and how they will use terror to there advantage

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Na made sense little by little eating everything up in Frank's way. I really needed one more ep tbh I want to know how the fallout effects the story and how they will use terror to there advantage
That's the point. They want you craving more

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just finished episode 10. Definitely much better than the last 2 seasons, especially season 3. Some of it feels a little hamfisted (mostly the politicial landscape of the country. The writers are just really bad at making anything seem intriguing or relevant in this show in that regard, though still better than that pussy riot shit I guess) but it's at least an interesting show again.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just finished it, I really liked it.

I was left disappointed in the last season the way they split Claire and Frank apart. Having them come back together early was great, and then having them back into their machinations. That relationship is what makes the show appealing. When they fucked that up with a bunch of manufactured crap it felt fake.

The ending was awesome. All season I kept waiting for Claire to turn and break the 4th wall, you knew it was coming.

I found the part about the governor married to the british woman the least realistic thing ever, people would riot at a british first lady.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Holy... Shit... This season was substantially better than last.

The ending was great. I cannot wait for next season for Frank/Claire to go full-on decimation mode. Nothing gets more positive political press than killing sandpeople, especially after a horrific video goes (purposely) viral. Frank is going to win the Presidency in a landslide next season if war happens.

Sadly, if this occurred in today's world, it would garner similar outcomes. People would not care if we killed thousands if not tens/hundreds of thousands if something like the ending occurred

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I just finished it, I really liked it.

I was left disappointed in the last season the way they split Claire and Frank apart. Having them come back together early was great, and then having them back into their machinations. That relationship is what makes the show appealing. When they fucked that up with a bunch of manufactured crap it felt fake.

The ending was awesome. All season I kept waiting for Claire to turn and break the 4th wall, you knew it was coming.

I found the part about the governor married to the british woman the least realistic thing ever, people would riot at a british first lady.
Not if she looked like that.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Republicans still wouldn't vote for him cuz she's not 'Merican.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Great season, Claire is brutal.
I'm only on 404, so please don't spoil anything. Can anyone remind why they are at war? I'm having a hard time understanding Claire's motivations. Because of this, I'm not enjoying the season as much as I thought I would. I find it hard to believe she'd want to jam things up, so that she could get a better position than First Lady.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm only on 404, so please don't spoil anything. Can anyone remind why they are at war? I'm having a hard time understanding Claire's motivations. Because of this, I'm not enjoying the season as much as I thought I would. I find it hard to believe she'd want to jam things up, so that she could get a better position than First Lady.
Basically she had a deal with Frank that they would push her career, Frank didn't want to because their plan really fell apart but she was seeing all her life's work being stripped away and replaced with "first lady" so she went after Frank, Frank reacted as you would expect, so they had a big ass fight.