House of the Dragon

Fucker

Log Wizard
I had to stop thinking about the show last night because I became legitimately angry at how flat the storytelling is and how local they made everything feel to King's Landing. A real rage event as I was going to bed.

These guys aren't D&D. Just a disclaimer if you try to bring up legitimate criticisms of this show you might get really mad. There's actually a DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM scene with the black guy he basically shouts exactly that. Wouldn't surprise me if GRRM as co-showrunner was incentivized to not spend budget so he can pocket it, and that's why we can't have any establishing scenes and the sets feel like King's Landing is 500 sqft. Well even the story feels like a 500sqft studio apartment, forget King's Landing.
Everyone wants the iron throne. There's dragons. That's it. That's the entire story. They are retreading an old worn out tire. It doesn't even have cool intro music.

spronk

FPS noob
i went in expecting hot garbage and it was even worse than i thought. i've watched all 20 episodes of Picard and this was worse. How is that possible lol

oh well dragons were cool i guess. Its weird how the joust scenes in this episode were so anti-climatic and boring, the knights all looked like retards. How is the joust from 9 years ago so much better than this shit. They had good actors and interesting plot whispering and strong characters, here we just had faceless people and a chick who really looks like she has downs as the main star

i bet my wife there would be more male nudity than female, i lost in episode 1 but just because there was a last second titties out brothel scene, before that dongs were winning. The whole birth scene was fucking retarded, every scene in history before this has had the women pleading to save the life of the baby and do whatever it takes and its moving and heartbreaking, here viewers felt absolutely nothing because the shitty writers really wanted to drive the point that MEN ARE EVIL OK WOMEN ARE BRAVE AND STRONG

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Its weird how the joust scenes in this episode were so anti-climatic and boring, the knights all looked like retards. How is the joust from 9 years ago so much better than this shit. They had good actors and interesting plot whispering and strong characters, here we just had faceless people and a chick who really looks like she has downs as the main star

Haven't seen the episode yet but I'll take a guess.

There isn't a joust in Game of Thrones because GRRM though that a joust would be a cool set piece.

He wanted to show the Clegane brother dynamic and that's the way he thought to do (show not tell), along with a bunch of character development for the other characters there - can't remember but probably Loras and Cersei had some scenes.

Now did House of the Dragon have a joust because jousts are a cool Game of Thrones thing with no larger purpose? Or did less talented writers try for character development and do a shitty job?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i've watched all 20 episodes of Picard and this was worse. How is that possible lol

I thought about using the Picard-scale in a previous review. It fell below Picard.

The positive reviews are solely based on the woman power aspect-- and the finale of the first episode was a big moment for the critics that "sold" them on it. The show feels dated and ass backwards while sharing none of the positive traits of a 2000's - 2010's show. The pregnancy thing fell flat. The tone is just so glib. Something about the production doesn't feel modern. It's very flat story beats, and the dialogue and scenes are flat and a lot of "Wowie who cares?". Just no charisma at all and it's not the actors fault. There is something going on with the screenplay.

D&D were masters at everything this show isn't. Like Fucker said, it being something we've all seen before just completely throws water on it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Now did House of the Dragon have a joust because jousts are a cool Game of Thrones thing with no larger purpose? Or did less talented writers try for character development and do a shitty job?

The joust was for the birth of the Kings latest child. IIRC the GOT joust is a good way to introduce the Hound/Mountain, but also Loras Tyrrell?

The only similar moment is showing Damon Targaryen as being willing to cheat with an intentional low blow. It also shows him getting beat because he cared more about praise from the crowd than forcing his opponent to yield. Small character development moments. It introduced one other character but no idea how relevant he will be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is so bad that it almost makes Wheel of Time look good.

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
jaden smith makes a cameo tho

1661117758762.png

i cant stop laughing at the mop tops on those two

• 4Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh well that settles everything. Anything Jaden is in is absolute trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is so bad that it almost makes Wheel of Time look good.

I think WoT has a leg up because you did want to learn a little more about the characters next episode-- even if the show sucked.

House of the Dragon leaves you not caring to learn more about the characters.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What is with the bizarre color palette and hazy filter for this show? Every scene looks like it was filmed through a bowl of cloudy piss.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1661124713537.png

Wow I fucking called this shit so hard. I don't understand how anyone doubts my 146 IQ.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's not Jaden Smith lol.

And what the fuck with the white hair. It is so utterly stupid I cant even use the proper words to describe it. Watching this and then going back and watching an episode from Game of Thrones 2011 really shows you how far film and television has fallen. I guess there are peaks and valleys with everything, but Hollywood has been valleyed so long Im not sure if they will ever rise again.

edit: And lol @ praising D&D. Holy shit. Remember how utterly fucking inept those two were during the last 2 seasons? They were basically a joke. This show is so bad it is forcing people to remember the good ol days of D&D....wow. Dont get me wrong they weaved a fantastic story with GRRM's material. It is only 1 episode though. Im not ready to completely write it off yet. All they need is one or two half way interesting characters for the viewers to latch onto in terms of meme potential. Lets see what happens.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
That's not Jaden Smith lol.

And what the fuck with the white hair. It is so utterly stupid I cant even use the proper words to describe it. Watching this and then going back and watching an episode from Game of Thrones 2011 really shows you how far film and television has fallen. I guess there are peaks and valleys with everything, but Hollywood has been valleyed so long Im not sure if they will ever rise again.

edit: And lol @ praising D&D. Holy shit. Remember how utterly fucking inept those two were during the last 2 seasons? They were basically a joke. This show is so bad it is forcing people to remember the good ol days of D&D....wow. Dont get me wrong they weaved a fantastic story with GRRM's material. It is only 1 episode though. Im not ready to completely write it off yet. All they need is one or two half way interesting characters for the viewers to latch onto in terms of meme potential. Lets see what happens.

Group think confines creativity.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

And this is a dumb whatabout argument. Just because Lucas did the Prequels, doesn't mean he couldn't have offered anything to the sequels.

This show is batting a 0 and below Picard. D&D have a lot to offer it. I'll take some 7 and 8 stupidity and rushed plot about now.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic