House of the Dragon

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All goes back to the casting for the king. If it was Robert Baratheon it'd sell.

This Targ king isn't the right stuff for what they needed to do in the pilot episode.

I'm not picking up on the king having good chemistry with Matt Smith either which is a really bad sign since the show is apparently centered on their relationship. I heard about the actors off screen chemistry together in the podcast-- but didn't see any of that on screen.
I mean... It seems like he's being exactly like his brother described him. That seems intentional. A king who knows neither the violence of war or the know of managing a kingdom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Dude was king for 9 years before having his queen butchered up in hopes of a son, who only lasted a few hours. Against her will.
They all fucking cray cray I say.
Also
1661139007865.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
she OK'd burning opposing commanders alive just for defending themselves.
You mean when she executed the Tarly traitors whose betrayal of their sworn oaths to House Tyrell had cost her an ally in her bid to reclaim the Iron Throne, after first offering them mercy and having that offer of mercy thrown back in her face?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Traitors in her mind only; that's the key thing.

Her family was 100% overthrown and done so for decades. She asked them to recant, they did not, so she burned them. That's not what a sane ruler does.

Edit - She had a dragon set them on fire. Not hung them; not slit their throats. Burned alive. That's a pretty heavy difference, and shows what kind of "mercy" you can expect if you don't immediately capitulate.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why? Our sisters are not a Lannister she has nothing to worry about.

• 2Worf

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Guys, they said "A Song of Ice and Fire" out loud! And they spelled out the doomsday prophecy that has absolutely no bearing on Dany's future choice to return to Westeros! And they showed the dagger omg- wait guys, where are you going?

Fucking eyeroll lazy bullshit, front to back. The most believable part of the episode was the way the uncle eyefucked his niece.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Guys, they said "A Song of Ice and Fire" out loud! And they spelled out the doomsday prophecy that has absolutely no bearing on Dany's future choice to return to Westeros! And they showed the dagger omg- wait guys, where are you going?

Fucking eyeroll lazy bullshit, front to back. The most believable part of the episode was the way the uncle eyefucked his niece.
Also
Why is winter always coming in this shiz

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
very different beginning from GoT but I'll stick around for a while. Some of the above posting is trying way too fucking hard

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Traitors in her mind only
Oh so I imagined that bit where Jaime invited Randyll Tarly to King's Landing and bribed him with the position of Warden of the South to betray Olenna and help the Lannisters sack Highgarden.

• 2Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh so I imagined that bit where Jaime invited Randyll Tarly to King's Landing and bribed him with the position of Warden of the South to betray Olenna and help the Lannisters sack Highgarden.
Danaerys would have no knowledge of that, or of anything else. She literally just arrives and starts her unification. They were enemy commanders that she offered fealty or fire to. You know, what sane people do.

Oldbased

> Than U
Danaerys would have no knowledge of that, or of anything else. She literally just arrives and starts her unification. They were enemy commanders that she offered fealty or fire to. You know, what sane people do.
She probably didn't even know who they were.
All she heard was Rickon with the Dickon and said Dracarys

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Did you watch a different 8 seasons than I did?
She was 100% pushing that shit to her brother.
The mad king? Burn them all?
Nonstop reference to them being crazy imbreds, seeing crazy actions, the history that was shown?
The fate of the dragons how they had turned into basically cats?
You reaching mofo. These fuckers always needed 7 Jesus's

Umm, every time a Targaryen is born the gods toss a coin. They weren't all crazy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whatever they turned Daeny into the last season of GoT it was completely out of charcter for her in the previous seasons. she was always more than a little bloodthirsty, burning people who deserved burning wasnt crazy. it was hardcore. burning down an entire city after winning and not realizing that they are just people trying to survive in a city is crazy as fuck. losing her shit over jon fucking snow was completely batshit. her rocking a Starbucks coffee during dinner is TYPICAL!
iu

• 1Like