House of the Dragon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lol they literally cast a black dude as a Targaryan and gave him platinum blond dreads

I'm convinced the simulation is just trolling us at this point
looks like an entire black family and one old white bitch
d269e7af26e63b7990331b771025d5ef.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actual Matt Smith.
he hasnt had much of a career since Dr Who. maybe this turd show will turn it around. is that black dude the same black dude Ezekiel from The Walking Dead or am i just a racist who thinks back people all look alike?

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
he hasnt had much of a career since Dr Who. maybe this turd show will turn it around. is that black dude the same black dude Ezekiel from The Walking Dead or am i just a racist who thinks back people all look alike?
Guess you never watched the Crown.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Guess you never watched the Crown.
no idea what that is.

He keeps being cast as big pop culture things which are mostly cut from the final product.

Like Skynet or Young Palpatine.
yeah, he had a few "almost" big breaks. he is in Terminator Genisys, but its really really quick. and its Terminator Genisys. he could have starred in the film and it would have made no difference.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its ironic that Martin left TV writing because the budgets of TV shows were too constraining for his imagination...Then his work ends up back on TV and the production company is willing to give the show runners an almost unlimited budget and the ability to extend the series almost endlessly, but the show runners refused because their imagination was far more constrained than the budget.

If I was Martin, I'd probably cash the fuck out after that too. Fuck em all.

just shows how pompous and young-minded those banker twats were. anyone who cared about the body of work would have agreed to step back and get as many writers as possible working on it if they themselves didn't have anything. the narcissism and how it all ended is unforgivable, and the buck stops with HBO head of programming Bloys. He could have done something to look out for fan interest and fidelity. It's literally his job.

For these reasons House of the Dragon may be dead on arrival. HBO knifed fans in the back, not D&D.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
House of the Woke should be the real name of this show.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
at some point the show has to show all the black people getting massacred by the people of westeros, cuz you know, Game of Thrones had zero non white people for the first like 4 seasons lol

oh wait they will probably hop on a dragon and fly to Wakanda, won't they, setting up the next sequel

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at some point the show has to show all the black people getting massacred by the people of westeros, cuz you know, Game of Thrones had zero non white people for the first like 4 seasons lol

oh wait they will probably hop on a dragon and fly to Wakanda, won't they, setting up the next sequel
iu

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah but he was in essos or wherever that slave land was, not westeros

same with all the unsullied, i think the pirate friend of ser davos was the only black guy in westeros. there was durkas in Dorne too

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah but he was in essos or wherever that slave land was, not westeros

same with all the unsullied, i think the pirate friend of ser davos was the only black guy in westeros. there was durkas in Dorne too
well there was also this dude in Dorne.
iu

they ruined him in the show. he was so much more badass in the books. he was also still alive. but yeah, he was season 5.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

One thing about D&D is women power aside-- they weren't woke. Not in the slightest.

They marginalized the black characters and stories. They had loser roles. Roles of struggle and misfit.

The gays storyline was treated about the same.

A peek into the D&D writers room:

"Can we just kill the gays offscreen unceremoniously with 0 dialogue?"

"I don't know.......... I mean, they haven't been on screen in awhile, fans might be.....

"Of course we can. They're fucking dead. And in the screenplay we won't even give them camera time. It'll be like they never existed."

"Yeah, just like...fucking delete them man"

"Done. 0 camera shots, 0 dialogue, 0 closure. Fucking terminated"

"Fans might consider that disrespectful to not even give them a few seconds of something at least"

"Noted and opinion discarded"

D&D never really bought into the woke train.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One thing about D&D is women power aside-- they weren't woke. Not in the slightest.

They marginalized the black characters and stories. They had loser roles. Roles of struggle and misfit.

The gays storyline was treated about the same.

A peek into the D&D writers room:

"Can we just kill the gays offscreen unceremoniously with 0 dialogue?"

"I don't know.......... I mean, they haven't been on screen in awhile, fans might be.....

"Of course we can. They're fucking dead. And in the screenplay we won't even give them camera time. It'll be like they never existed."

"Yeah, just like...fucking delete them man"

"Done. 0 camera shots, 0 dialogue, 0 closure. Fucking terminated"

"Fans might consider that disrespectful to not even give them a few seconds of something at least"

"Noted and opinion discarded"

D&D never really bought into the woke train.
this is partially true, when the show first aired, there was no woke movement. i mean there always was to some degree, but "cancel culture" wasnt a thing until 5 years ago. then you started seeing all kinds bullshit. Grey Worm become a one man army and missandei's death had more impact than Daeny losing one of her dragons. the last season you saw Arya, not Jon kill the Night King, you saw a battle of women, Daeny v Cersei. you saw Sansa become queen of the North. you saw a cripple retard become king of Westeros. the Northerners were painted as racist rednecks. there was a lot of woke that last season. D&D were only following the trends. they were not woke when that was the trend and they went woke when that became the new thing.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
you saw a cripple retard become king of Westeros.

you can't put that on D&D. That was straight from GRRM's notes he gave them. They just copied his ending in that instance.

They respected GRRM if he gave them something. They wouldn't override "source material" to make it less woke.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you can't put that on D&D. That was straight from GRRM's notes he gave them. They just copied his ending in that instance.

They respected GRRM if he gave them something. They wouldn't override "source material" to make it less woke.
well ok, GRRM is an idiot sometimes. i'm no longer a fan of his anymore anyway. his hubris sunk this series.

spronk

FPS noob
i think the turning point was when sansa got raped and cersei had to do the naked walk.

its one thing for khal drogo to be butt fucking a chick, women love him and would swap in a heartbeat, but no one wants to be dicked down by ramsay the sausage waving incel skin flayer. or see Queen Karen have shit thrown on her naked body.

once you lose the white bitches you are done-zo, thats like rule 1 of tv shows

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Black people were from the Summer Isles and maybe Sothrythos, Westeros was roughly analogous to Earth in where different racial groups were from.

Doing this is a world building shortcut that every fantasy does because you can't write anything as complex as real life history.

House Velaryon in the lore were Valerians the same as the Targaryans and lived on an island near Dragonstone. They intermarried A LOT. So if they were inexplicably black, the silver hair pale skin genes must have been dominant over the weak black genes lol.