House of the Dragon

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Charles Dance didn't show up until the last episode. Alfie Allen you're spectacularly wrong about - his more famous pop singer sister wrote a song about him being a stoner loser and their dad was famous in the 90s

I was jerking off to Lena Headey playing a lesbian dominatrix in 90s drama about prostitutes Band of Gold.

Jerome Flynn is another 90s Brit tv star. Likewise, Gillen.

I'll concede I forgot about them, but they're hardly big names in level of Sean Bean

As for Paddy Considine, go watch dead man's shoes and thank me later

Nice selective picks. So her playing the Queen in one of the most iconic action movies at the time in 300 is nothing? Or being the main star of the Terminator series? Nah, she's just some shit character you jerked off to 25 years ago. Sure.

Mamoa was the lead in the Conan movie (shot prior to GoT release). And had a main role in Stargate Atlantis.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. So her playing the Queen in one of the most iconic action movies at the time in 300 is nothing? Or being the main star of the Terminator series? Nah, she's just some shit character you jerked off to 25 years ago. Sure.

Do I need to explain how teenage male minds work? 😆

The (non Arnold) Conan movie, LMAO you convinced me

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol nobody knew of mamoa, alfie allen or NCW prior to GOT
And I hadn't ever heard of the two fucking actors in this that are apparently carrying it. I recognize them, sure. But that's not the point he's trying to make.

NCW had two decades of acting experience. I bet if regular people rewatched Black Hawk Down they'd be like, oh shit, I know that guy. They probably don't know his name, but they recognize him. And he wasn't some shitty actor that had two credits to his name like this spinoff.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Do I need to explain how teenage male minds work? 😆

The (non Arnold) Conan movie, LMAO you convinced me
No man, the film that made 48 million worldwide totally propelled him to world renown.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And I hadn't ever heard of the two fucking actors in this that are apparently carrying it. I recognize them, sure. But that's not the point he's trying to make.

NCW had two decades of acting experience. I bet if regular people rewatched Black Hawk Down they'd be like, oh shit, I know that guy. They probably don't know his name, but they recognize him. And he wasn't some shitty actor that had two credits to his name like this spinoff.

Lol black hawk down, that film has a ridiculous cast all playing small roles so it's hardly the best example. You can watch it today and go "omg I didn't know he was in it" multiple times. That isn't proving your argument because it's not a NCW movie anymore than it's a Tom Sizemore, ewan mcgregor, William fichtner, Tom Hardy movie look

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No man, the film that made 48 million worldwide totally propelled him to world renown.
And Paddy Constantine's box office total for leading roles is $5.2 million. Total.

But fine, you all have convinced me. GoT was filled with no talent actors except Sean Bean and this show is filled with actors giving a clinic on the craft.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm too lazy to read the last couple of pages so, whats the consensus on this show by the majority here?

It's popular, and most people like GoT, so i'm assuming we fucking hate it and think it's all garbage like we normally do with popular things right?

Goatface

mamoa was on the biggest tv show in the world....
1661186169855.png

conan wasn't great, but it suffered just like dredd from being r rated 3d
1661186610534.png

Juvarisx

Florida
You really only knew of Jason Momoa if you were a sci-fi nerd and watched Stargate Atlantis, Matt Smith is far more well known now then when Momoa was cast.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You really only knew of Jason Mamoa if you were a sci-fi nerd and watched Stargate Atlantis, Matt Smith is far more well known now then when Momoa was cast.

Morbius alone thanks to memes destroys Gravel Gravel argument

I guess he huffed too much jet engine fuel stalking Cruise on top gun 2 set

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And Paddy Constantine's box office total for leading roles is $5.2 million. Total.

But fine, you all have convinced me. GoT was filled with no talent actors except Sean Bean and this show is filled with actors giving a clinic on the craft.
That seems like a totally rational takeaway from the previous comments.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Matt smith looks so fucking weird its jarring, and that alcock girl must have been cast because she looks like an actual incest kid kek

Before the premiere, I saw someone mention that Matt Smith is perfect for the role, because he has good looks you would expect of a nobleman, but his facial features certainly do not rule out the incest of a nobleman.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My wife walked in while I was watching this last night.

She took one look at the sour puss on my face, laughed and said “That bad huh?”

• 4Worf
  • 1Edgelord

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah that was the first show they had developed which has a pilot episode filmed and which HBO passed on. It was allegedly full of fire mages, dragons, children of the forest etc.... Sigh.
No it was about the Long Night and the wall being built, 10,000 years before GoT. Apparently it was cancelled for being too woke.

Fall of Valyria was 300 years before.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
All this time, all this $ and this is the first impression episode? Is everything we consume in a post-covid world going to be complete and utter dog shit?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm too lazy to read the last couple of pages so, whats the consensus on this show by the majority here?

It's popular, and most people like GoT, so i'm assuming we fucking hate it and think it's all garbage like we normally do with popular things right?
I’m likely suffering from GoT overload and being burned by the last two seasons, but this just isn’t doing it for me.

I don’t care about any of the characters, the diversity push is jarring and the production value looks like something from the WB. I suspect there might be a couple “dope ass scenes” but overall I can’t see myself sticking with this.

Basically this is heading down the same path as Walking Dead did for me.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I’m likely suffering from GoT overload and being burned by the last two seasons, but this just isn’t doing it for me.

I don’t care about any of the characters, the diversity push is jarring and the production value looks like something from the WB. I suspect there might be a couple “dope ass scenes” but overall I can’t see myself sticking with this.

Basically this is heading down the same path as Walking Dead did for me.
Last season of GOT killed the IP for me. I gave this a brief chance, but they are back to mumbling about the iron fucking throne and dragons. This story has been done by better and doesn't need to be redone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users