House of the Dragon

Xevy

Log Wizard
IIRC it's more heat resistance and the Daenarys shit happened because of magic from the eggs + whatever she had inherently. MOST Targaryens aren't fire proof. I imagine pyres still work on dead bodies because it's a magic inherent to the living user rather than a biological thing. Magic user dead = easy kindling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I went and looked up the scene. I guess he was making a joke or something. it doesn't play out like he said. He claimed she was immune to the fire, and the dragon tried to kill her repeatedly, and it didn't work.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can say whatever the fuck I want you soft ass bitch.

WTF is a soyjack pedo? For fucks sake you guys are in some lame ass echo chamber of incelness and irrelevance. Literally nobody relevant or well adjusted cares about your bullshit ass conspiracy agendas.
sup Folder?

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
so I watched preston jacobs epi 6 commentary. and.. so.. some? Targaryen's are immune to dragonfire? I'm very confused on this now.
why would they have ceremony of burning the dead, if some are immune to dragon fire? was it even dragon fire, or just regular fire they are immune to? does it turn off on death?
yeah you got trolled, most valyrians throughout history die from fire (dragon) or falling (off dragons) or swords to the chest, its rare that one dies of old age, only a few targaryan kings made it to that point. they can withstand a bit of heat better than people but fire burns them just the same as anyone else.

Targaryan's are supposed to be immune to common illnesses (cold/flu/chicken pox/leprosy etc) and were up until a few years before this show takes place. But they did a bit too much inbreeding so now they aren't.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
why would she even leave the city? thats just giving alicent ultimate power, shes already on the small council for whatever reason no one knows

Future heir to throne attends council meetings to learn how ruling works. Was that really so hard?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Queens have acted as regents IRL many times.

For example Henry VIII's first wife, Catherine of Aragon, was regent when Scotland invaded England (and were crushed) - Henry was away fighting another part of the war in France.

Eleanor of Aquitane was regent while Richard the Lionheart was crusading. She had previously supported a rebellion by her son against her husband.

Queen Matilda started a civil war to get her young son onto the throne and led it until he was old enough to fight it himself.

There is no set precedent for who is regent if a King is too young, too old, too sick or away fighting. So it's usually a political shitshow (a game of thrones) with the most competent/cunning/powerful coming out on top - for a while at least.

Sometimes it's the Queen if she is competent enough (see above examples). Isn't English history woke?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Queens have acted as regents IRL many times.

For example Henry VIII's first wife, Catherine of Aragon, was regent when Scotland invaded England (and were crushed) - Henry was away fighting another part of the war in France.

Eleanor of Aquitane was regent while Richard the Lionheart was crusading. She had previously supported a rebellion by her son against her husband.

Queen Matilda started a civil war to get her young son onto the throne and led it until he was old enough to fight it himself.

There is no set precedent for who is regent if a King is too young, too old, too sick or away fighting. So it's usually a political shitshow (a game of thrones) with the most competent/cunning/powerful coming out on top - for a while at least.

Sometimes it's the Queen if she is competent enough (see above examples). Isn't English history woke?
yea theyre regent when like the king is like 5yrs old, not when the king is 50

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
yea theyre regent when like the king is like 5yrs old, not when the king is 50
He's ill with whatever he has and is also having fun with staged hunts, tournies and building his lego Valyria.

Alicent isn't regent anyway, my point is that the Queen taking over when the King is otherwise engaged is not without multiple precedents. So it's not unreasonable for Alicent and Rhaenyra to be stepping into and clashing over the emerging power vacuum.

There was a show on TV a while ago with a similar plotline. It was called Game of Thrones.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
To answer your questions, the writers are terrible.

Rhaenyra has to be on dragonstone because its important, thats where she lives in the book and is her base of operations(and important things happen here). Traditionally the heir is the prince of dragonstone so that adds some legitimacy.

In an effort to villify everyone else especially queen alicent and to showcase Rhaenyra as the rightful and legitimate heir, they've added a bunch of tension and drama that does not exist between the characters they are portraying.

But the writers have hacked so many characters and changed so much shit for this show, that it does not make sense for her to be on dragonstone at this stage, she is basically retreating.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The writers are all probably liberals. Im starting to realize that any person who is aligned to the left politically is mostly subpar as a creative person.

And the biggest mistake this show made was changing the cast mid season. They gave themselves a L before they even got started with that decision, where was the adult in the room when this was proposed? Who the fuck is responsible for understanding the audience? NO ONE WANTS THIS. Not a single fucking person watching was like, "Oh...hey look they changed the actor of the princess! Wow, how exciting! This is what im talking about!"

It might be the worse non writing decision ever made in a high profile TV show. What makes it all the more jarring, is the fact that they featured Criston Cole so prominently in the first episode with the new actors. They didnt even give the guy a FUCKING BEARD. They literally kept his appearance the SAME. LOLWUT. Its SO DUMB. Its almost like a troll.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To answer your questions, the writers are terrible.

Rhaenyra has to be on dragonstone because its important, thats where she lives in the book and is her base of operations(and important things happen here). Traditionally the heir is the prince of dragonstone so that adds some legitimacy.

In an effort to villify everyone else especially queen alicent and to showcase Rhaenyra as the rightful and legitimate heir, they've added a bunch of tension and drama that does not exist between the characters they are portraying.

But the writers have hacked so many characters and changed so much shit for this show, that it does not make sense for her to be on dragonstone at this stage, she is basically retreating.
jesus, does every non reader need a pocket Sylas Sylas to know wtf is happening?

did i miss this positioning of heirs to dragonstone? i mean i remember stannis in dragonstone when war broke out

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The writers are all probably liberals. Im starting to realize that any person who is aligned to the left politically is mostly subpar as a creative person.

Jordan Peterson says it's leftists that tend to more creative, and conservatives that actually run companies.

You also ignore that Hollywood has been leftie for years. One bad series is not validation of your theory

• 2Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
jesus, does every non reader need a pocket Sylas Sylas to know wtf is happening?

did i miss this positioning of heirs to dragonstone? i mean i remember stannis in dragonstone when war broke out

GoT mentions it vaguely yes, but I don't expect anyone to remember it. The show should do its job and explain it better, but it doesn't.

explanation if you are curious, not a spoiler
Dragonstone is the traditional seat of house targaryen before they conquered westeros and founded king's landing. Now the throne is in KL so that's where the king is, but the heir is the prince(ss) of dragonstone. It's why Daemon lived on dragonstone, when he was heir. It's also why he had to find something else to do when King Viserys officially named Rhaenyra his heir, he was no longer entitled to dragonstone or it's incomes. So he went off to war in the stepstones and became king of the stepstones for a few years.

When robert's rebellion happened robert had his younger brother stannis hold Storm's End (the Baratheon seat) while he went off to war and the full power of the reach (aligned with the Targaryen's) sieged it for the entirety of the war. Of course because the reach has the massive redwine fleet they were able to fully blockade the castle and everyone almost starved.

Stannis was somewhat miffed and mentioned briefly in season 2 GoT that once Robert took the throne, he gave Stannis Dragonstone (as he was his heir at the time) while he gave their baby brother Renly Storm's End (the traditional Baratheon seat). Being lord of Storms End means you are lord of the Stormlands and have many many vassals and income. Dragonstone is very poor by comparison with hardly any vassals. So when Robert dies with no true heirs Stannis has only a handful of lords to call upon while Renly, the younger brother, has the full might of Storm's End, and with marrying Margary Tyrell all of the reach as well. It's like 60% of total population of Westeros.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jordan Peterson says it's leftists that tend to more creative, and conservatives that actually run companies.

You also ignore that Hollywood has been leftie for years. One bad series is not validation of your theory

The idea that left wing people are less creative is obviously retarded, but you could maybe make a case that people who are so ideologically captured that they can't keep their ideology from infecting whatever they're trying to create aren't going to produce any great art. "Atlas Shrugged" might be the best thing produced by someone who 100% had a political motivation and let that greatly influence their work. Of course people have various opinions on whether that was art or propaganda.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

lol

its apparently just the existing Fire & Blood book (which HOTD is based off) with 180 new illustrations added

will house velayron be black in the new book

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic