House of the Dragon

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
So now they're just stuffing as much shit into each episode as possible without giving us any time to give a damn about who lives and dies. This is Sparknotes GoT.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So now they're just stuffing as much shit into each episode as possible without giving us any time to give a damn about who lives and dies. This is Sparknotes GoT.
game of thrones zombie GIF by SYFY

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
INCOMING TIME JUMP!

INCOMING RECAST!

jesus is this a 15-20yr time jump? or are all these ages just "whatever the fuck works"
e7c48348de9514815598316d64072321.png

incoming ageless daemon, they should gut him for being a vampire

68cdd9745304ab0cf621b9de55bf224b.png

i thought the middle bro got eye poked? or i guess the middle bro just got growth spurted

also, are these targs supposed to be ugly? cuz they ugly, daughter looks derpy too

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
you know, i've come to appreciate the rewritten noggers, it's actually kinda easy to tell whom belongs to whom
I agree. It also really brings home how blatantly everyone is lying about Rhaenyra's kids. I loved the scene where Aegon was like "We know. Everybody knows. Just look at them."

i thought the middle bro got eye poked? or i guess the middle bro just got growth spurted

It's definitely getting hard to keep track of which white-haired weirdo is which.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
She gets unappealing, has a family or what not. This is all time elapsed. Time elapsed is implicit in the facts of the narrative. An idiot like GRRM would offer to literally interpret that into TV.

Which is fine. But that's 2,3,4 seasons. Not 1 season. Condensing the time into a single season has irreparably damaged the storytelling and discarded a bunch of characters.
Um sure yeah? Except none of the shit that has happened (in the book) is really relevant or needs to be told scene for scene? Why did they decide to start the show so far before the subject (the dance of dragons)? They were left with making up a bunch of shit to make it interesting, then forced to do time jumps.

It would be like your making a ww2 show but you start by telling the life and journey of a french farmer and his son and the show starts with the sons birth in 1921.

Sure you could dedicate like 5 seasons to watching this kid grow up, getting attached to the character, with subtle time jumps as he ages over 5 seasons. But your show is not about him, its about ww2. So why the fuck did you decide to start the show so far in the past?
the funny thing about hotd is all this non-character development they are focusing on these people All so you can kill them off in the opening salvo of the war. Ohh so edgy just like GOT killing ned, right? Right?
jesus is this a 15-20yr time jump? or are all these ages just "whatever the fuck works"
e7c48348de9514815598316d64072321.png

incoming ageless daemon, they should gut him for being a vampire

68cdd9745304ab0cf621b9de55bf224b.png

also, are these targs supposed to be ugly? cuz they ugly, daughter looks derpy too
Yes, Middle bro is aemond one eye. They chose a taller actor (he is the warrior after all). Aegon is older and married to the sister, the one they made tarded.

They've made lots of subtle and not so subtle changes to every character to steer the audience into rooting for genderqueer. Like how they introduce aegon in the show a few episodes back by having his pasty albino ass standing bucknaked in a window jerking off all over the commoners or something? What the fuck was that, other than poisoning the well. Same as making aemond the instigator in the fight, making halaena retarded, making alicent knife rhaenyra. None of that shit actually happens.

Oh anyone else noticed they gave the king dementia/alzheimers? He called alicent his first wifes name. Dude is like 49 when he dies, making him about 40 this episode... yet they are turning him into the cryptkeeper as someone else mentioned. Also making him a diseased corpse, i guess to showcase what alicent has to put up with being a woman and all. Theres nothing wrong with him in the book. He isnt a great king or terrible king. Hes just a people pleaser who loathes conflict. He grows kinda fat with age, then he dies.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
They've made lots of subtle and not so subtle changes to every character to steer the audience into rooting for genderqueer. Like how they introduce aegon in the show a few episodes back by having his pasty albino ass standing bucknaked in a window jerking off all over the commoners or something? What the fuck was that, other than poisoning the well. Same as making aemond the instigator in the fight, making halaena retarded, making alicent knife rhaenyra. None of that shit actually happens.

I wonder if we are gonna find out that GRRM had a big hand in all of these changes, or the only hand, insomuch as this will be the "True History of the Dance of Dragons".

Fire and Blood is written, in the book's universe, by the Maesters, right?

There are all the theories of Maester conspiracies to get rid of dragons, to control the nobility to their end since they do all the raven sending, the distrust of magic, everything.

And the Maester's write the history and are loyal to Oldtown, where the Hightowers are from. We've been shown multiple times how dependent they are on the maesters, and how little they are actually doing to cure the king, just keep him weak but alive, Leeches over medicine, etc.

We know what was written, but now we are seeing what actually happened, similar to how we saw Samwell Tarly write A Song of Ice and Fire at the end of GoT.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
None of that shit actually happens.
Yeah I'm so pissed that it's not historically accurate to a fake history book containing conflicting narratives I read once and forgot about. How fucking dare GRRM ruin GRRMs work.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
There are all the theories of Maester conspiracies to get rid of dragons, to control the nobility to their end since they do all the raven sending, the distrust of magic, everything.
This "theory" is purely fanfic by people who watch youtube as their only source of info.

The maesters had nothing to do with the end of the dragons,
as youll soon see unless this show gets cancelled. Targs are about go from the most amount of dragons in their history to just about none...once the last adult dragons die in the war and theres only a little hatchling left, how the fuck do you expect there to be more of them? They try everything from alchemy to "fire magic" to try and hatch more but the best they can do is little deformed runt dragons which die soon after hatching. Every one knows the story from GoT comparing balerions skull to the "little runts the size of dogs" assumes they die out slowly, so surely something must have been done to weaken them or something. Insert maester theory.

No dude. All the dragons kill each other in a massive civil war called the dance of dragons. Except only poets call it that. Everyone else calls it the dying of the dragons.

Targs been treating dragon eggs like non-perishable goods, cans of peas you can keep in the cupboard for 20 years and use as needed. All the eggs have turned to stone. No more adult dragons to lay more eggs. There is no mystery here.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That episode was fucking awesome. It's slowly climbing in quality compared to the relatively boring forst episodes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
My biggest complaint is there's still not a 100% likeable character, but I guess that's what they're going for. Some abiguity as to who is on the right of the civil war. Just sucks not having a character to root for. I even liked Otto before he went full "OUR POWERRRR" this episode. And I liked Lord Strong before he got crispified, he was about the only truly honorable person in the entire show.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
He means the hand dude, not his son.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder if we are gonna find out that GRRM had a big hand in all of these changes, or the only hand, insomuch as this will be the "True History of the Dance of Dragons".

There's no wonder. This is the same guy who threw out half of Winds of Winter over a twitter spat, later known as the "gutpunch". It was over some kind of social justice/gender equality attack.

1664836875956.png

Any changes made pertaining to social justice messaging would be done by GRRM himself, not anyone at HBO. He made it clear he wouldn't take another gutpunch.

He's written extensively RE: how he felt Twitter betrayed him. But also that he's made the necessary amends-- by throwing several chapters he recently wrote away. All as a form of restoration.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Same as making aemond the instigator in the fight, making halaena retarded, making alicent knife rhaenyra. None of that shit actually happens.
so theyre making alicent like some kind of dumb weak cersei w/ no follow thru?

lady-eddard-stark-game-thrones-direwolves-30439921-1280-720.jpg

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I re downloaded the 1080p file because the 4k hdr was so dim lol.

Yea I’m watching this on HBOMax and noticed some really dark scenes in early episodes, but it’s like they doubled down on making it I-Can’t-See-Shit dark in this last episode.

We haven’t learned anything from the last season of GoT. “It’s not our fault! Check your TV settings!”