House of the Dragon

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
so sheepstealer is eating sheep, cannibal is eating other dragons, wtf is grey ghost eating?
They are named by random fisherman who live on dragonstone, hes grey and is kinda a silent hunter so grey ghost he is. Sheeptstealer steals live stock. Cannibal eats eggs hatchlings and small dragons, or any injured/dead dragons he finds.

hes kinda the reason why dragons die out. Targs dont want any more wild dragons, especially ones like him that kill other dragons. Dragons whos riders die either need to be larger than cannibal or they end up his victim, limiting the number of bondable dragons available. Also because of him the targs collect all the dragon eggs that are laid. They place them in the cribs of their children to help their babies bond with their hatchlings. But more eggs are laid than targ heirs are born, so they start storing them, and they fucking turn to stone if not kept warm/hatched within a reasonable time frame.

Also why rhaena crying about vhagar being "her dragon" is stupid, like every other targ she was given an egg as an infant. It never hatched, just like aemonds. At that point you either get a new egg (rare) or have to choose one of the available dragons, its a ffa. You cant claim dibs, the dragon chooses you.

For the first time in HOTD history we will have more Sea Snake. Special thanks to Ossoi Ossoi for helping manifest it.

See you in the Sea Snake thread. Sylas Sylas Start hitting the books on Velaryon Sea Snake lore.
Theres not much too it. He goes on like 9 voyages, sees most of the world, trades in spice and furs and rare goods around the world. Takes his house from celtigar level of lesser knowns to at one point the wealthiest and second most powerful house in westeros.

Also he smashes a bunch when hes away from his wife and has a bunch of bastards.
Which is good for the continuation of his house since all his children/grandchildren die and his "brother" also dies (nephew in the book, his brother is already dead)

Well i guess since they retcon'd him going on another voyage and being gone the last 6 years leaving his wife all alone, i guess he goes on 10 voyages now? Idk. In the end you'll see it doesn't work out all that well for his house.

I mean they are still around and mentioned briefly in GoT, they are sworn to stannis. Magically they are white as snow in GOT tho.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Is Drogon really that fucking small in comparison to the dragon that Rhaenys was riding in the second to last episode of House of the Dragon? It didnt seem like Rheanys' dragon was literally 5 times larger than the one Dany rode in GoT.

Maybe someone can do a shot by shot comparison of both of them in similar frames of view? I mean Meleys or whatever was bigger, but it just seems like that scale might be a bit off.

pretty sure that infographic is from like s3 or s4 of Game of Thrones, when Dany's dragons were small and between riding on her shoulders and living on their own. By the time s7 rolls around they are bigger than Ceraxes, Daemon's dragon. Still not as big as the OG Valerian dragons Vermithor, Vhagar, Balerion, etc but much closer to their size.

I doubt its canon but I always liked the idea that the dragons are the "manifestation" of magic in the world, as they wane stuff like the Others, Melisandre and other witches, Warlocks of Qarth, Lord of Light, etc diminish and as the dragons get stronger magic grows in power.

That neatly explains why the Doom of Valyria destroyed that side of the world, too many dragons. Then the whole conspiracy about the maesters and Old Town working to kill off dragons so the world is more science based than magic. Its not really supported by anything at all in the show and barely in the books, but its a fun theory.

Rise of the Dragon, illustrated edition is out its pretty chonky. I think its Fire & Blood but now with more pictures
www.amazon.com/Rise-Dragon-Illustrated-History-Targaryen/dp/1984859250

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
pretty sure that infographic is from like s3 or s4 of Game of Thrones, when Dany's dragons were small and between riding on her shoulders and living on their own. By the time s7 rolls around they are bigger than Ceraxes, Daemon's dragon. Still not as big as the OG Valerian dragons Vermithor, Vhagar, Balerion, etc but much closer to their size.

I doubt its canon but I always liked the idea that the dragons are the "manifestation" of magic in the world, as they wane stuff like the Others, Melisandre and other witches, Warlocks of Qarth, Lord of Light, etc diminish and as the dragons get stronger magic grows in power.

That neatly explains why the Doom of Valyria destroyed that side of the world, too many dragons. Then the whole conspiracy about the maesters and Old Town working to kill off dragons so the world is more science based than magic. Its not really supported by anything at all in the show and barely in the books, but its a fun theory.

Rise of the Dragon, illustrated edition is out its pretty chonky. I think its Fire & Blood but now with more pictures
www.amazon.com/Rise-Dragon-Illustrated-History-Targaryen/dp/1984859250

Still doesn't make sense with size and hatching. The final 3 seasons of GoT was its own thing correct? Stannis is still alive

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
pretty sure that infographic is from like s3 or s4 of Game of Thrones,

lol.jpg

fucking lol

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Um only balerion is an OG valyrian dragon, he lived about 230ish years. His last rider is Viserys, the king in this show who turned into the crypt keeper. Viserys never takes another dragon after balerion dies. Vhagar and Meraxes were hatched on dragonstone. Vhagar is around 130 years old at this point in the show.

Also i already pointed out that shit is not official nor accurate, and its not based on adwd. I mean its kinda accurate for rhaegal and viserion but drogon is larger by adwd, hes large enough to ride.

Also the dragons are only a year old by the end of adwd(book). They are 7 years old by the end of GoT(show).

Spronk said:
Then the whole conspiracy about the maesters and Old Town working to kill off dragons so the world is more science based than magic. Its not really supported by anything at all in the show and barely in the books, but its a fun theory.
Its bumpkiss with no support at all. You will know why there are no more dragons by the end of season 2 of this show and it has nothing to do with maesters.
basically they all die. Well there are boy dragons and girl dragons, and you need one of each to love each other very much in order for the girl dragon to lay eggs. If you only have 1 baby girl dragon....you cant make any more.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta say I'd watch a sea snake show with Idras light.

Wasn't the black pirate from the GoT series related to somebody famous(lore wise)?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't really get how you have a lot of epic sea battles when one side has dragons and the other doesn't. Seems like the first tactic for the dragon side would always be "send the dragon down and burn all their ships". You don't really need a second tactic after that.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't really get how you have a lot of epic sea battles when one side has dragons and the other doesn't. Seems like the first tactic for the dragon side would always be "send the dragon down and burn all their ships". You don't really need a second tactic after that.
If you're the fleet you just wait for them to kind of forget about you, easy peasy.

• 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1666801169550.png

Never forget.

Although to be fair the sea is probably the best place to face a dragon with clear sky conditions you you had a shit ton of those anti air guns.

Scratch that. Can't believe I just tried to explain away S8 of that bullshit. What a horribly written character. Apparently they did not do that guy justice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Are you talking about house of the dragon or the sea snake spinoff?

The sea snake spinoff is about him in his youth and his voyages. He's a Velaryon, He doesnt have a dragon.

Later in life he marries rhaenys Targaryen, she has a dragon. Thanks to her bloodline, their children can also ride dragons.

The velaryons do not own any dragons until he marries rhaenys. And he doesnt get to marry a fucking targ princess until hes successfully grew the wealth and prestige of his house to the 2nd most powerful in westeros.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 439898

Never forget.

Although to be fair the sea is probably the best place to face a dragon with clear sky conditions you you had a shit ton of those anti air guns.

Scratch that. Can't believe I just tried to explain away S8 of that bullshit. What a horribly written character. Apparently they did not do that guy justice.
Hes a goth pirate in the books. Basically an angsty teen outside hot topic that dabbles in wicca and shit cus its edgy. I mean not really he regularly mutilates people and does human sacrifice and shit. But yeah.

The real injustice is cutting victarrion greyjoy. He was a big dumbass ultrachad of a man without fucking fear.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah that is literally a mess. Lady Stoneheart getting cut out was annoying but I could see how it was the reality with the actress and how they wanted to loop the stories together.

But literally neutering and removing the threat of the Greyjoys was bullshit.

Instead of bas ass viking reavers who cant be controlled, they are a dickless fag and his lesbo sister that barely serve any purpose.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From what I could gather it seems as a fully grown Drogon was about 140 feet long, and Vhagar at 240 feet. So i guess Drogon would be a similar size to Meleys.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Vermithor was the one from this episode. Last ride by The old king. The trannies Grandpa.
No, the old king Jaehaerys was Rhaenys' father, the one married to Sea Snake.

Leper King Viserys was the nephew of the last king.

Remember they had the council and passed over Rhaenys in the succession because she was a woman?

But yes, Vermithor was the dragon of the king before Viserys.

Still doesn't make sense with size and hatching. The final 3 seasons of GoT was its own thing correct? Stannis is still alive
They establish in the books that the dragons got smaller because they were kept indoors in places like the dragonpit.

When they are free to fly around and eat, they grow.

This is a plot point when Drogon eats a shepard boy and fucks off, the other two get locked in the pyramid basement and don't grow as much as Drogon does.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 439898

Never forget.

In the books Euron comes back from exile after plundering Valyria, which nobody comes back from alive because of the volcanic fumes.

He has obtained a creepy eyepatch, a bunch of dark magic users from the east including I think one of the warlocks that messed with Dany in Qarth, a Valyrian dragon controlling horn that kills the user and a full suit of Valyrian Steel Armour which is insane given the rarity of the metal.

He sends his brother with the horn to get Dany and invades The Reach, threatening Oldtown (the Hightower's City).

Meanwhile Cersei has no navy to defend against The Golden Company and Daenarys' nephew Aegon (probably a fake) as she gave the royal navy to a Velaryon bastard who immediately sets himself up as a pirate king on the stepstones (nice link to House of the Dragon) and The Reach's navy is sailing to defend their homes.

So maybe he defeats the Tyrells and the Golden Company and offers his fleet to Cersei like in the show? Seems like a stretch. Totally possible he gets a dragon via the horn though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Extreme stretch considering the iron fleet is with victarrion, on the other side of the world, in mereen fighting the slavers for dany.

His attack on the reach is just a feint to distract the crown, he doesnt have enough ships to actually fight the tyrells. Cersei being completely incompetent and the golden company invading at the same time is just a bonus.

He wants the royal fleet including the reaches ships occupied in the west chasing ghosts so that when victarrion returns he can hit kings landing with dragons and the entire iron fleet unopposed.

As if the books will ever be finished, but Cersei will be dead long before his plans come to fruition, like almost everything season 5+, that part will be nothing like the show. Euron wants a queen sure but its dany, not cersei.

The show only vaguely resembles the books (or what the books are setting up) by that stage. Just like house of the dragon.

How does dany and her forces get to westeros? The iron fleet. That part is true, its what the books are leading to.

Now in the show that means dickless and his butch sister magically have the entire iron fleet, so euron somehow is forced to build a thousand ships offscreen in a week with a ghost construction crew since the ironborn are all with theon and asha... beyond laughable.

Last edited:

Cybsled

The Seasnake show could actually be cool if they showed off all the Lovecraft inspired lands to the far south. Like that jungle full of deadly animals and plants, or that China inspired empire that battled against some ancient enemy, or that Mordor place full of dark magic and necromancers and shit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users