House of the Dragon

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why are you here then? Dont you have some boys to diddle?

Speaking of big brain takes, I only just recently realized that Rhaenrya's two oldest sons are Valaryians and not Targaryen.

I dont know why I never really thought of that but, at the end of the day her sons with Daemon are true targs and should be in line.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Speaking of big brain takes, I only just recently realized that Rhaenrya's two oldest sons are Valaryians and not Targaryen.

I dont know why I never really thought of that but, at the end of the day her sons with Daemon are true targs and should be in line.

The irony of complaining about complaints about "big brain takes" then following up with a big brain take.

Her oldest sons are Velaryons not Targyarens. Both Velaryons and Targaryens originate in Valyria. So both Velaryons and Targaryens are Valyrians.

Secondly, elevating her sons with Daemon to be next in line in sucession is admitting that your Velaryon sons are bastards and that you're an adultering whore who probably had her husband murdered.

As I said before on this topic to the last big brain to make such a suggestion. Do you even GOT? Bastards get sent to the wall etc and have similar social standing as dwarves "all dwarves are bastards in their fathers eyes".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

That's why they had to deal with Sea Snake to make the oldest son a Targaryen on succeeding the throne.

Rhaenrya arguing for traditional male succession rules in regards to her own sons would invalidate her own claim to the throne.

Also while it may seem this way sometimes, these people are not sociopaths and actually do love their family and all grew up together. Even Aemond didn't want to kill his eye stabbing nephew when it came to it.

• 1Like

Cybsled

That about sums up S8: they went style over substance. There were a lot of cool set pieces that had trash logic or out of character characters

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I finished e8 and it's pretty safe to say I don't give a shit about who gets the throne.

Its basically a cast of Cersei Lites. The only relatable character is Visarys imo. Poor bastard just wants his family.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I finished e8 and it's pretty safe to say I don't give a shit about who gets the throne.

Its basically a cast of Cersei Lites. The only relatable character is Visarys imo. Poor bastard just wants his family.

There are some big shakeups in Season 2 creative. I would guess toward addressing exactly that.

• 1Like

Szlia

Just caught up with this. I think the main problem is that it's a chronicle. In a chronicle, what is important is the chain of events., but in a TV show what is important is characters you can relate to and root for. Who the hell are we supposed to root for in this ? Cast and crew are doing a good job and the chain of events is somewhat interesting and has its moments, but.... is there a single character that would make you go "Oh no!" if they died ?

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I finally got around to watching this. Didn't realize they omitted Mushroom, arguably the best part of the book. Also didn't realize they started the story so late in the book, I think they really fucked that up. It was watchable but not great. The casting choices were stupid, but I think some the black actors were actually the best actors on the show, just cast in the wrong roles for reasons I am sure have already been covered in this thread.

Overall I give it a rating of Meh

Oldbased

> Than U
Just caught up with this. I think the main problem is that it's a chronicle. In a chronicle, what is important is the chain of events., but in a TV show what is important is characters you can relate to and root for. Who the hell are we supposed to root for in this ? Cast and crew are doing a good job and the chain of events is somewhat interesting and has its moments, but.... is there a single character that would make you go "Oh no!" if they died ?
Just the dragon dude from the show I've never watched that people think is awesome and I don't know who he is but he is pretty awesome. The rest can all go die in dragonfire for all I care.
I say dude cause I already forgot his name. Daemon? Demon? You know I could quote almost every line of Games of Thrones and tell you a book story about each character but this just ended months ago and I have forgotten about every conversation and detail in it. Pretty much says it all.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Just the dragon dude from the show I've never watched that people think is awesome and I don't know who he is but he is pretty awesome. The rest can all go die in dragonfire for all I care.
I say dude cause I already forgot his name. Daemon? Demon? You know I could quote almost every line of Games of Thrones and tell you a book story about each character but this just ended months ago and I have forgotten about every conversation and detail in it. Pretty much says it all.
Well, it was 1000% better than Rings of Power, so there.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
GRRM says currently no other Game of Thrones shows are greenlit at HBO right now
I did take a few days off for the holidays, I confess. Shame on me, I guess. But now I am back in the salt mine, working… working on so many bloody things, my head may soon explode. Yes, WINDS OF WINTER, yes, yes. And HOUSE OF THE DRAGON, season two. And several of the other successor shows that we’re developing with HBO. (Some of those are moving faster than others, as is always the case with development. None have been greenlit yet, though we are hoping… maybe soon. A couple have been shelved, but I would not agree that they are dead. You can take something off the shelf as easily as you can put it on the shelf. All the changes at HBO Max have impacted us, certainly). We are also still developing the Wild Cards tv series for Peacock, based (largely) on FORT FREAK. And I have Wild Cards books to edit. Oh, and did I forget WINDS OF WINTER? No, of course I didn’t. But if I ever did, I know you folks will remind me.

I thought the Dunk & Egg show and Jon Snow 2.0 was greenlit but I guess they are still in pre-production, maybe even waiting for a pilot to be shot. Wonder what else got shelved.

people on reddit are saying the Sea Snek and Thousand Ships (about the Dornish chick who landed and started that place or whatever) shows are dead

• 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
GRRM says currently no other Game of Thrones shows are greenlit at HBO right now
I did take a few days off for the holidays, I confess. Shame on me, I guess. But now I am back in the salt mine, working… working on so many bloody things, my head may soon explode. Yes, WINDS OF WINTER, yes, yes. And HOUSE OF THE DRAGON, season two. And several of the other successor shows that we’re developing with HBO. (Some of those are moving faster than others, as is always the case with development. None have been greenlit yet, though we are hoping… maybe soon. A couple have been shelved, but I would not agree that they are dead. You can take something off the shelf as easily as you can put it on the shelf. All the changes at HBO Max have impacted us, certainly). We are also still developing the Wild Cards tv series for Peacock, based (largely) on FORT FREAK. And I have Wild Cards books to edit. Oh, and did I forget WINDS OF WINTER? No, of course I didn’t. But if I ever did, I know you folks will remind me.

I thought the Dunk & Egg show and Jon Snow 2.0 was greenlit but I guess they are still in pre-production, maybe even waiting for a pilot to be shot. Wonder what else got shelved.

people on reddit are saying the Sea Snek and Thousand Ships (about the Dornish chick who landed and started that place or whatever) shows are dead
I think Kit's the only thing close to a sure watch that HBO has. Jon Snow and his sister Sansa may be the only viable characters to emerge from GOT watchable.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't realize it's been over a decade since Dance With Dragons. I started reading the books about the show came out. And it's been almost a dozen years now. It's more hilarious than anything now. Can you even call yourself an author when you can't even shit out a sequel in that many years?

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't realize it's been over a decade since Dance With Dragons. I started reading the books about the show came out. And it's been almost a dozen years now. It's more hilarious than anything now. Can you even call yourself an author when you can't even shit out a sequel in that many years?
I have passed disappointment, anger, apathy and have arrived at die you fat bastard. I had read feast of crows on 2008 and waited a year after dance was released to not he so long a wait for the next book. Fucking lol. 11 years and counting.

What a worthless sack of shit.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least he gave up pretending he's writing it.

No more "I got a few chapters done" annual update to tantalize the masses. Respect he had enough awareness to give up that obnoxious ruse, and now just taunts people about how great his TV development is going.. which it isn't.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally watched this.

Much better than Rings of power.

It was a bit winded with too many scenes revolving around birth. The best parts were of course pretty much any scenes involving dragons. I do not feel nearly as devoted to the characters as I did with Game of Thrones. The actors lack the charisma and the writing that came with the first 6 seasons. The ending did kind of suck but I appreciated the moment. It did leave off with enough for me to want to watch season 2. I think 3 stars is appropriate. I give it a 6.5/10. It would be a lot less if dragons were not involved.