House of the Dragon

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah that was the first show they had developed which has a pilot episode filmed and which HBO passed on. It was allegedly full of fire mages, dragons, children of the forest etc.... Sigh.

Dont forget a black white walker.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Was boring and discount albino Emilia Clarke with downs is the only thing going for it.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the whole "this is the secret of Targs, we know the Others are coming and we call this the Song of Ice and Fire" semi retcon is kinda retarded when the Others were barely an inconvenience, dispatched by a white girl ninja in a hot minute. Plus why did Sam name his history of Westeros the same thing lol

I have a feeling HBO/GRRM has a long term plan of retconning season 8, and this is the setup. The Others are not AKTUALLY gone, they can only be defeated by a Targ on the throne for ??reasons??, and House of the Dragon is working to set that up (with a secret "THIS IS THE REAL OTHERS!" reveal) plus a Jon Snow new spinoff series showing the Return of The True Others(tm) and Snow and/or his children are the only hope. Jon Snow is the new Luke Skywalker, lol

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Your average American which is the largest segment of HBO audiences have no idea who either one is. Some will know Doctor who and a handful will think paddy is just a side actor from Simon leg films.

Mark addy was a way bigger known in the Us market. He was a few years removed from network show with 10 plus million viewers

Hell dinklage had a lot of exposure prior to the show, he wasn’t as well regarded but was a known commodity

First time I watched the show I thought, Damn it’s Bormot, Still Standing guy, and the midget from nip tuck
I remembered Matt Smith from the Crown. Very different character he's playing here, the guy has chops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm too lazy to read the last couple of pages so, whats the consensus on this show by the majority here?

Consensus so far is:

--500 sqft size story

--no charisma

--relatively boring if not abjectly boring

--no hook

All things that could change in Episode 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh yeah I forgot one. There is a majority consensus the pilot didn't outperform any given episode of Picard either.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was decent.

But yeah no start of episode mystery (bodies in the North) or end of episode hook (Bran chucked off tower) IIRC.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was decent.

But yeah no start of episode mystery (bodies in the North) or end of episode hook (Bran chucked off tower) IIRC.
the problem with prequels is they cant supersede the events of the main show. there will be no major threat that Nan or any other historically savvy characters havent spoken of. you cant have a "real Others" play into this because there are none later on. prequels are just boring. sequels can be boring too. its best to focus on the 80% of the rest of the world not explored by GRRM in ASOIAF.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Visually fun to watch and will give it a few eps. especially due to Matt Smith. Can't stand the face of the new main girl tho, holy fuck what were they thinking

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
the problem with prequels is they cant supersede the events of the main show. there will be no major threat that Nan or any other historically savvy characters havent spoken of. you cant have a "real Others" play into this because there are none later on. prequels are just boring. sequels can be boring too. its best to focus on the 80% of the rest of the world not explored by GRRM in ASOIAF.
I would have preferred some type of mini series spin off. 6 shows or W/E. Maybe Arya derping around in her boat in west of Westeros and visiting the Farwynds and being stabby and maybe throw in some skullduggery too. Far better notion than watching a cheap rehash of something we already watched.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Visually fun to watch and will give it a few eps. especially due to Matt Smith. Can't stand the face of the new main girl tho, holy fuck what were they thinking

Just be glad she’s not 309 pounds with hairy body. Shocked they were allowed to adhere to “white supremacist” beauty standards.

They hire uggos with no acting resume because it fits their fun little experiment. Enjoy the fruits of the labor of creators who hate the source material and want to make it about their own political goals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what is the purpose of even having the 2 actors for the dragon queen? I dont understand why they had to do it. Especially when only one other character "grew up" while the rest of the cast is just....the same lol. What is the time jump? Its almost like HBO just wanted to cast the role twice as a favor to the transdyke older version. They should have written it in a way where there is just one actor for everyone and used flashbacks or some other story telling device to explain what happened when the queen was a princess still etc

It is confusing already and it hasnt even happened.