House of the Dragon

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's a wyvern when wings are attached to the forearms, dragons have four legs and two seperate wings.

Almost everything outside of video games gets it wrong.
then there are no dragons in Game of Thrones either
sorry professor, but those are dragons in this show/universe. take it up with GRRM.
even the House Targaryen seal only has 2 legs.
iu

at least EQ got it right
iu

iu

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
2:16 isnt a dragon?

I'm confused, are you using a House of the Dragon trailer to prove that the Game of Thrones s1 trailers had dragons in them, or did you think he was saying that no-one was expecting dragons in a show about dragons called House of the Dragon ?

• 2Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's a wyvern when wings are attached to the forearms, dragons have four legs and two seperate wings.

Almost everything outside of video games gets it wrong.
While I agree with you, thats incorrect. Its really up the source material to classify it. Also look at Dragons in Chinese mythology for example. No wings.

Chris

Potato del Grande
While I agree with you, thats incorrect. Its really up the source material to classify it. Also look at Dragons in Chinese mythology for example. No wings.
That's why they are called "Chinese Dragons".

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Why the hell is there a black Targaryen? I

For the same reason the 1st cousin-wife of the last king of Nuemenor.. the people descended from Elrond's twin brother and sequestered on a island for hundreds of years is somehow suddenly black African.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
If anyone's bored and looking to bring about acute liver failure, just turn "how many times will someone incorrectly point out that the black guy is a Targaryen?" into a drinking game.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm confused, are you using a House of the Dragon trailer to prove that the Game of Thrones s1 trailers had dragons in them, or did you think he was saying that no-one was expecting dragons in a show about dragons called House of the Dragon ?
i thought you guys were discussing the possibility of no dragons for the first season of HotD. and then i pointed out there are dragons in the trailer, Professor Chris says those are wyverns, and now you said Game Of Thrones and then i just looked up to make sure i wasnt posting in the GoT thread.
btw wyverns or dragons, these are widely considered dragons in media.

Harry Potter
iu

The Hobbit
iu

if they breathe fire, fly around and go, RAWWWWWR! they are probably dragons

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone's bored and looking to bring about acute liver failure, just turn "how many times will someone incorrectly point out that the black guy is a Targaryen?" into a drinking game.
Keep it up and we may even misgender him.

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Whenever a wyvern is mentioned anywhere, that is the exact image that pops into my head. Nintendo Power put together a bundle of the game and a strategy guide back in the late 80s and it was like Christmas morning when it showed up in the mail. Oh to be 10 again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whenever a wyvern is mentioned anywhere, that is the exact image that pops into my head. Nintendo Power put together a bundle of the game and a strategy guide back in the late 80s and it was like Christmas morning when it showed up in the mail. Oh to be 10 again.
yeah man, first time i ever heard of such a thing was playing Dragon Warrior. its not a common word. which is probably why they get lumped in as dragons and pedants get all butthurt over it.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Holy fuck, they are fucking dragons, what kind of retard fight did I stumble upon too? Fuck me...Fuck a Wyvern, also; I don't remember any two-legged dragons in EQ.
HOD Dragons still have 4 limbs that can touch an area for 4 points of contact..... Except for your mom... KRA@!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy fuck, they are fucking dragons, what kind of retard fight did I stumble upon too? Fuck me...Fuck a Wyvern, also; I don't remember any two-legged dragons in EQ.
HOD Dragons still have 4 limbs that can touch an area for 4 points of contact..... Except for your mom... KRA@!
they were all pretty much reskins of the original dragons Vox and Nags
cept this guy, which i would say isnt really a dragon, but he's a Lord in ToV so he must be.
id6492.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
they were all pretty much reskins of the original dragons Vox and Nags
cept this guy, which i would say isnt really a dragon, but he's a Lord in ToV so he must be.
id6492.png

If they don't have wings and don't fly, that's a Wurm, though it probably shouldn't have legs. Vestigial legs are OK i guess.

Wyrm is probably better, it's just an alternate spelling but is also used as a generic word for any sort of Dragon like thing.

This stuff is important guys. If they look like Wyverns then typically we are dealing with a more realistic depiction of a creature that could have existed.

If they have the seperate wings then, like Angles, we are dealing with something that actually has six limbs which is impossible for an animal and therefore much more fantastical in nature. They are more likely to be able to talk if they are like this.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The only proper source for dragon info in fantasy:

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
On the topic of Ep2, I finally saw it and the King and his hand are still boring.

I get what they are trying to do with the king, he's a dragon that the fire went out in - his dragon died of old age when he was young. He's all about culture and constrained by duty, when the world is not like that and sometimes you need to just bash some heads in.

They show this with his scale model of Valyria. He needs a few more scenes like that (have him keep quoting history books, maybe sit for a painting?) and needs some of that in his acted personality too. Robert Baratheon in GoT was shown drinking and hunting, but the actor gave him that course and jolly personality which tells you who he is even when not enjoying himself.

The hand... we don't know anything about him or his personality because he isn't a point of view character, but he subtley got his daughter to marry the king. This could work if there's a big reveal at the some point about his true motives, in the books there's hints that the Maesters killed the dragons and who rules the city of the Maesters? The Hightowers. Problem is that you can't have a boring mystery character interacting with regular boring characters.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the King and his hand are still boring.

And none more surprised.

The hand... we don't know anything about him or his personality because he isn't a point of view character,

Disagree. What would you call his scene suiting up before going to meet Daemon?

Just because he has little POV scenes by Episode 2 doesn't mean he wasn't intended to be a point of view character. Have you considered the writing just isn't very good?