Household Major Appliances

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nope. No door ice dispenser at all. Reviews said they tend to suck on French door models. Its got a built in ice maker that is on a pull out tray down below.
yea thats good then, most of the problems seem to stem from ice dispensor on french door cuz youre putting a thin non insulated icebox in a fridge door

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have an electrolux dryer and it sucks wet asses. Only one out of 12 programs will actually dry your cloth, the rest will give you the wildest palette of wettness you can imagine. Plus, there is a dead zone near the door where socks get almost instantly attracted and they will just sit there, laughing at us in their smug wetness. Any engineer who would have tested that thing would immediately change the door design.
I clean the condenser every two weeks or so, but still. suck ass.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have an electrolux dryer and it sucks wet asses. Only one out of 12 programs will actually dry your cloth, the rest will give you the wildest palette of wettness you can imagine. Plus, there is a dead zone near the door where socks get almost instantly attracted and they will just sit there, laughing at us in their smug wetness. Any engineer who would have tested that thing would immediately change the door design.
I clean the condenser every two weeks or so, but still. suck ass.
are you sure your element isn't burned out? took me a bit to figure out my stuff wasn't drying b/c the element blew, but when i turned it on, it still felt "warm"

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
One beef I do have with my Samsung dryer is that it will give a time at the beginning, but then if they clothes aren't dry at the end of that time (and they usually aren't) it just keeps adding time until they are dry. This isn't a problem most of the time but there's been a few days where I thought I could get a load of laundry done before I had to go somewhere and the clothes I needed to wear were in it and it just kept adding 5 more minutes and then 2 more minutes and then 3 more minutes until I was 25 minutes late.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
are you sure your element isn't burned out? took me a bit to figure out my stuff wasn't drying b/c the element blew, but when i turned it on, it still felt "warm"
I will at least change the humidity sensor, that might be root of it. I still get dry stuff with the heaviest program.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had this on our old Samsung dryer. 30 minutes, a $20 or $30 part and a Youtube video solved it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had this on our old Samsung dryer. 30 minutes, a $20 or $30 part and a Youtube video solved it.
yea, the element didn't work, but the drum would be "warm" i'm guessing from all the spinning, and it'd be like "dry-ish" cuz it was basically spun dry heh, cuz i'd just shove clothes in there and leave like a normal person, then i turned it on waited 5mins and no heat.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
anyone have or know someone who has the all in one washer/dryer?

I don't personally have one, but general consensus from what I've seen/heard is that you'd only want one if you were very desperate for extra space; they don't perform either function as well as discrete machines do.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I don't personally have one, but general consensus from what I've seen/heard is that you'd only want one if you were very desperate for extra space; they don't perform either function as well as discrete machines do.
I had one way "back in the day" when I had an apartment. It was tolerable, but far from optimal.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
chest freezers.

got my first, not sure if it's fucked up. box etc looked undamaged. On the back wall it's all soft ish insulated aluminum. there's one small spot that's cold to the touch with minor condensation but isn't like dripping. it is above and a little too the side of the compressor etc.

normal?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I had one way "back in the day" when I had an apartment. It was tolerable, but far from optimal.

ya I know they've been around forever but the big boys are re-advertising new models so i'm wondering if those ones work decently

Palum

what Suineg set it to
chest freezers.

got my first, not sure if it's fucked up. box etc looked undamaged. On the back wall it's all soft ish insulated aluminum. there's one small spot that's cold to the touch with minor condensation but isn't like dripping. it is above and a little too the side of the compressor etc.

normal?
I dunno seems not. The point is to exchange heat so if it's cold on the outside that doesn't seem good. I don't think I've ever seen condensation forming on the back plate of a fridge or freezer before. Seems leaky to me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We ordered our Speed Queen washer and dryer today from a local place. Delivery scheduled for Wednesday bc I’m out on Tuesday. We just went with the TR-5 and DR-5 models. Looked at the Maytag Commercial and one other but just went with SQ at the end. They had 0% 12-months so why not. Interested to see how they work out. My Samsungs lasted about 14 years with minimal maintenance but it is time to replace them.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
What do people recommend for a freezer for long term storage in an uninsulated shed (in Florida).

It seems like chest freezers are best for long term due to no auto defrost?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think both chest and upright freezers are available in either frost free or regular. If you don't want to defrost it once a year or so the ones with a fan will save that but dry it out in there leading to earlier freezer burn.

I find the upright freezers easier to find stuff in but you can't fill the up as much. If you want to put a lot of stuff in there chest is the way to go imo.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What do people recommend for a freezer for long term storage in an uninsulated shed (in Florida).

It seems like chest freezers are best for long term due to no auto defrost?
Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 09-32-39 NSF Portable Walk-In Freezer 20 -7.2-H8 FT.png

They come in various sizes and options.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users