Household Major Appliances

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There a good place to get a bidet type deal on credit/financing (just want a seat, not an entire Japanese super-toilet)?

Was looking it up and there are a few Toto showrooms around, and I'm fine with $1200 for a Toto seat if it's the best thing I can get. This is one thing one shouldn't skimp on spending with and end up with something subpar.

I notice other seats cost significantly less than a Toto though, so maybe there's somewhere one can go to test different brands out that isn't a Toto showroom?

Mainly just wondering if there's any crossover with places that do credit/financing so I don't have to drop $1200 all at once for something that is not exactly an important expenditure.

Best Buy was the first thing to come to mind for financing, but it looks like Best Buy doesn't carry anything like this? Surprising. Home Depot DOES carry these things but I have no idea if they finance.

What would be super-ideal is a store where you can test out multiple brands, see if there's any huge difference between the $1200 Toto and $300 other brands, and get it on some kind of store credit/financing.

Course I could use regular credit cards but no thanks, looking for one of those no-interest-for-12-months type financing stores love to do. If it's gotta be out of pocket so be it, just means I might not get to it for a few weeks.

Xarpolis Xarpolis had some insight on this in the South Park thread, maybe can help.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
There a good place to get a bidet type deal on credit/financing (just want a seat, not an entire Japanese super-toilet)?

Was looking it up and there are a few Toto showrooms around, and I'm fine with $1200 for a Toto seat if it's the best thing I can get. This is one thing one shouldn't skimp on spending with and end up with something subpar.

I notice other seats cost significantly less than a Toto though, so maybe there's somewhere one can go to test different brands out that isn't a Toto showroom?

Mainly just wondering if there's any crossover with places that do credit/financing so I don't have to drop $1200 all at once for something that is not exactly an important expenditure.

Best Buy was the first thing to come to mind for financing, but it looks like Best Buy doesn't carry anything like this? Surprising. Home Depot DOES carry these things but I have no idea if they finance.

What would be super-ideal is a store where you can test out multiple brands, see if there's any huge difference between the $1200 Toto and $300 other brands, and get it on some kind of store credit/financing.

Course I could use regular credit cards but no thanks, looking for one of those no-interest-for-12-months type financing stores love to do. If it's gotta be out of pocket so be it, just means I might not get to it for a few weeks.

Xarpolis Xarpolis had some insight on this in the South Park thread, maybe can help.
Honestly, unless you want the wow factor of the heated seat and all that other jazz, just a simple bidet attachment works fine.

I've installed a few of these. Even in my old house, where the cold tap is ice cold in the winter, I never felt like I needed the water heated.

I've seen costco selling a seat in stores before (think it was BioBidet) and it looks like they're selling a Toto seat online for 350. If I had all the electrical set up already, I might consider it I guess.

1200 seems very steep for just a seat. I'd be expecting the whole toilet for that price.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Absolutely. Just look at Toto as the Mercedes of just bidet seats. But at the same time, they're the Aston Martin of the total bidet toilet (called the Neorest). Cheapest Neorest will run you around $6k, but it's a toilet designed to be an all-in-one bidet.

So when it comes to Toto, there's various models of the bidet seat. They range in price, where the top of the line auto lifts and lowers the lid when you walk past it and uses tankless water heater technology to give you a constant stream of warm water. The cheap bidets connect cold water to the sprayer and that's it. The cheapest toto connects cold water which fills a small tank that's in the back of the seat (which is why they're so tall). But the temperature, location of spray as well as spray pressure are adjustable. Some people like to sit as far back as humanly possible. Some people like to crowd up towards the font. The toto will remember your preference (2 different user-settings) and always be exactly what you want to use. It's expensive, but that's why. Other bidets don't have nearly the features that Toto does, but those features come at a price. If you're fine with not having warm water, there are plenty of other options out there. And if you're fine with not having adjustable spray pattern or location, that will also drive the price down.

So yeah, this was a lot of info for you, so you'll have to think about what you would like and how much you're comfortable spending. Realistically, you can go drasticly less expensive (some go for like $50 total), but those are bare-bones models that have no bells and whistles, and are usually Chinese imports that don't offer any sort of warranty.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Toto is for retards.that don't know you just buy a simple bidet attachment from 30$ to 500 dollars

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely. Just look at Toto as the Mercedes of just bidet seats. But at the same time, they're the Aston Martin of the total bidet toilet (called the Neorest). Cheapest Neorest will run you around $6k, but it's a toilet designed to be an all-in-one bidet.

So when it comes to Toto, there's various models of the bidet seat. They range in price, where the top of the line auto lifts and lowers the lid when you walk past it and uses tankless water heater technology to give you a constant stream of warm water. The cheap bidets connect cold water to the sprayer and that's it. The cheapest toto connects cold water which fills a small tank that's in the back of the seat (which is why they're so tall). But the temperature, location of spray as well as spray pressure are adjustable. Some people like to sit as far back as humanly possible. Some people like to crowd up towards the font. The toto will remember your preference (2 different user-settings) and always be exactly what you want to use. It's expensive, but that's why. Other bidets don't have nearly the features that Toto does, but those features come at a price. If you're fine with not having warm water, there are plenty of other options out there. And if you're fine with not having adjustable spray pattern or location, that will also drive the price down.

So yeah, this was a lot of info for you, so you'll have to think about what you would like and how much you're comfortable spending. Realistically, you can go drasticly less expensive (some go for like $50 total), but those are bare-bones models that have no bells and whistles, and are usually Chinese imports that don't offer any sort of warranty.

Eh, I'd rather pay more and have actual warm water and stuff.

Not sure why I thought these were $1200, besides Costco they're even less on TOTO WASHLET A2 Elongated Electronic Bidet Seat, Cotton White - SW3004#01

Thanks for the input, probably gonna get one of these. Hopefully it isn't too complicated to install and I don't mess it up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The $1200 one exists. It's tankless water heater with an ir remote control to use it instead of a touch pad mounted on the side. It "looks" like a standard toilet seat, but it's so much more.

Edit: ok, price is now $1000 on Amazon
TOTO SW3056#01 S550E Amazon.com

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So do you guys just have wet asses and hope your underwear dries out, or do you wipe after anyway?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So my front load washer wouldn't drain and I went on the internet and found out there is a filter in the front that you're supposed to clean. I go look at my washer and sure enough there's a sticker on the little door on the front that says to clean it every 2 months. My washer is 10+ years old and I had no idea it was there. It was packed full of dog hair and horrendous back swamp muck. Am I the only one that didn't know about this thing?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So do you guys just have wet asses and hope your underwear dries out, or do you wipe after anyway?

I assume the Poors who get a barebones bidet have to wipe after anyway to dry off. The slightly-pricier ones have air dry features though.

I got this one:

Got it from an official Toto distribution store and managed to get about $250 taken off their price by pulling up ads on my phone and asking them to price-match.

Now I just have to either install it or call a plumber to install it. Looks simple enough but they said something about your warranty being voided if you install it yourself and break something, so...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So my front load washer wouldn't drain and I went on the internet and found out there is a filter in the front that you're supposed to clean. I go look at my washer and sure enough there's a sticker on the little door on the front that says to clean it every 2 months. My washer is 10+ years old and I had no idea it was there. It was packed full of dog hair and horrendous back swamp muck. Am I the only one that didn't know about this thing?
Yes.
Two dogs and two females with long assed hair in the house led me to find this shit a long time ago. The Samsung version had a shitty clicking lock on the filter cap (like a car gas cap). Shit is balls to open more times than not.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
get some citric acid and run on cleaning cycle
46cacad244d5d082cc9f15b0a0aa0b53.png

Milliard Citric Acid 5 Pound - 100% Pure Food Grade Non-GMO Project Verified (5 Pound)

since you just opened voldermorts ass, that stench is probably making its way everywhere.

my seemingly new washer smelled when i got the house, it took 2 cleanings (and once every so often upkeep), no stank, the only other option is to disassemble and get in theree

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Toto C2 arrived, installed it. Had to have the plumber do it because Toto voids your warranty if you install it yourself and something goes wrong / breaks in the installation.

Works pretty well, but I wish it had more pressure. Even with pressure turned to max it's more like dainty feminine pressure. The biggest issue however is that the hot water barely works. You get maybe 30 seconds of hot water if even that much and then it's just cold. This almost ruins the entire thing for me because the main reason I sprang for a higher-priced one was so that I'd have warm water instead of cold water. TBH after $400 for the washlet and $300 for a plumber, what I've got here is something I wouldn't have paid more than $200 for in retrospect.

Wondering if it's because the pipes are cold (given that it's frigid outside). This particular washlet doesn't have its own tank, and gets the water directly from the pipes. Also the building water temperature may be turned down. However the sink and shower can get hot without issue, so unless they've got water temp turned down specifically for toilets or it's completely separate in source, IDK.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Toto C2 arrived, installed it. Had to have the plumber do it because Toto voids your warranty if you install it yourself and something goes wrong / breaks in the installation.

Works pretty well, but I wish it had more pressure. Even with pressure turned to max it's more like dainty feminine pressure. The biggest issue however is that the hot water barely works. You get maybe 30 seconds of hot water if even that much and then it's just cold. This almost ruins the entire thing for me because the main reason I sprang for a higher-priced one was so that I'd have warm water instead of cold water. TBH after $400 for the washlet and $300 for a plumber, what I've got here is something I wouldn't have paid more than $200 for in retrospect.

Wondering if it's because the pipes are cold (given that it's frigid outside). This particular washlet doesn't have its own tank, and gets the water directly from the pipes. Also the building water temperature may be turned down. However the sink and shower can get hot without issue, so unless they've got water temp turned down specifically for toilets or it's completely separate in source, IDK.
Uhh I only have a cold line plumbed into my toilet so uhhh what? So they run a new line to a sink or something?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Uhh I only have a cold line plumbed into my toilet so uhhh what? So they run a new line to a sink or something?
Plumber maybe did something crazy, if it doesn't have its own tank to heat which seems crazy, no reason for it to get colder over time if it's being heated online other than if the more ambient temp pipe water in the pipes runs out and hits cooler water from further downtime.

But fits for another saga of challenges for Rajah

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, you have the normal cold water from the toilet, and it t's off to the bidet and tank, and you run a line to your hot water facet and t off of that like C Captain Suave pointed out.

Rajaah Rajaah are you sure you have a t off your hot water faucet? i didn't see any mention of that in the manual

Palum

what Suineg set it to
yea, you have the normal cold water from the toilet, and it t's off to the bidet and tank, and you run a line to your hot water facet and t off of that like C Captain Suave pointed out.

Rajaah Rajaah are you sure you have a t off your hot water faucet? i didn't see any mention of that in the manual

I mean there's no way that would work well past the bidet tank unless you have a hot water recirculator.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean there's no way that would work well past the bidet tank unless you have a hot water recirculator.
the hot water tee is usually for the "dumb" bidets, no electronics, i have one in the masterbath and it's no different than the temp from the faucet. (the usual advice on these is to turn on the faucet for 10s before you poop), i do have a recirculator so it is insta warm/hot.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
fits for another saga of challenges for Rajah

I mean you're not wrong, everything's a fuckin' challenge in Rajaland for one reason or another. Learned long ago not to take it for granted when something actually works right on the first go.

The T is off of the only wall connection, between the sink and toilet. Running the shower on hot (maybe the sink too?) for a couple minutes before using the bidet seems to get the bidet to actually emit hot water for a longer time, but it's still not very long. And that might be total coincidence. I'll experiment with the sink and look at the manual more when I've got time for it. Far as I can tell the bidet itself doesn't seem to have its own independent water tank. It does have settings for water heat and it is most certainly supposed to be a hot water bidet. I've got the water temperature turned up to max on the controls and it makes no difference at all past the first 10-20 seconds (sometimes 30). If I can't figure something out I'll have to just return it. Which is a lot of trouble, and gonna be out the $300 plumber charge either way which has me rustled.

I have a $400 Toto washlet. It is about the same quality as my moms $200 Costco bidet. Hot water lasts about 30 seconds on mine as well.

We have really hard water in Az and mine broke after about 4 years. I ripped it all apart to try and get it running again unsuccessfully. Toto fixed it for me for $175 and this time I put a hard water filter in-line with my ass water.