Household Major Appliances

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn't see any good place for it. But seeing as we old people are getting giant threads on fucking soap and similiar wierd shit. How about a place where either people in the field or at least research nerds can share their findings.

For myself, I'm a cheap bastard and getting anxiety trying to pick a dishwasher that isn't a piece of shit. Seen many differing opinions on for example if top/ceiling racks are good, or just fuck up cleaning other things if used. I miss my parents old unit that did great because the one I've put up with for years is pretty hit or miss and inconsistant.

Side rant.... internet of things and everything wanting to add all kinds of dumbass smart integrated wifi options to better let you get pwned/spied on etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best appliance I ever have bought is my Bosch Dishwasher. It is the most expensive brand Lowe's sells and it is amazing.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
sexualhomeappliance.gif

The new Cyclone isn’t marketed as a sex toy. Vorze is calling it a “sexual home appliance” with hopes that it’ll show up in electronics shops. We’re not really sure what that means, but we recommend steering clear of the frappe setting.

Seriously, second the Bosch Dishwasher, sale for 300$ equivalent, cheap here.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Best appliance I ever have bought is my Bosch Dishwasher. It is the most expensive brand Lowe's sells and it is amazing.

I can second this. Spend the extra for bosch

Edit err third

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Dyson vacuum, first wireless I have.

Its awesome. Previous one was a higher end wired Siemens, this thing has the same performance but is a lot more practical.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dyson vacuum, first wireless I have.

Its awesome. Previous one was a higher end wired Siemens, this thing has the same performance but is a lot more practical.

Wife and i have had our dyson thats corded since we got married (9 years ago). It's taken an absolute beating and only RECENTLY am I debating switching to a wet option vac since we have carpet AND hardfloors and kids.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wife and i have had our dyson thats corded since we got married (9 years ago). It's taken an absolute beating and only RECENTLY am I debating switching to a wet option vac since we have carpet AND hardfloors and kids.
i still have my dc07 (first american dyson) from 01, i've done all the repairs, even changed out the motor cuz it got burnt out a few years ago. And i said it before, i can fix whatevers wrong with it now, cuz i know it. I got a miele a few years back and brush head broke. I will never buy german shit ever again, that over engineered bullshit took forever to fix, after fixing it, i'm like no wonder it broke.

my dc07 is now my shopvac, car vac still, it's great for that purpose since you see all the shit coming up from the floor.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was all about dyson when my wife got one, but then it started to plug up all the fucking time, I learned how to take the fucker apart and clean out the venturis int here from time to time. Then we said fuck it like last Xmas and bought a shark on a whim while we were in khols. Anyway, 200% better than the dyson ever was. It has so much suction you can feel the fucking carpet peel away from the pad beneath it. Plus its like 1/4 the price of a dyson. Never plugged up yet either after like a year of service.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just love that my Dyson is cordless. I will never own a corded vacuum ever again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My dishwasher started leaking something terrible. $170 and a dehumidifier, new inlet and drain hose, and I’m down to assuming it is just the damn unit. Grab some bricks so am going to elevate it and watch where the leak is coming from if I can see.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I can second this. Spend the extra for bosch

Edit err third

Fourth the Bosch dishwasher. I have one of the more silent versions and absolutely LOVE it. Don't even know it's running it's so quiet.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fourth the Bosch dishwasher. I have one of the more silent versions and absolutely LOVE it. Don't even know it's running it's so quiet.

Yeah I’m down to a Bosch 300 series or a KitchenAid similar model 354gps or something. Had to leave this weekend and will be gone all week for a sudden family funeral so have time to dwell on it.

Oldbased

> Than U
Our microwave blew up recently and I ordered a Toshiba from Amazon for a few reasons.
With the last microwave we had I knew when shit was done due to the door fogging up. That told me the moisture in the food was hot enough that the food was too.
The new Toshiba has a sensor feature that does this basically for me. Door fog+ about a minute=done all the way. Automatic.
The REAL reason this thing rocks is it sports a bright LED light and has a silence feature. We nuke shit without a single beep and the microwave is completely silent.
If we had kids it has a nice feature where holding stop for 2 seconds locks the controls to keep kids from nuking pets.
All in all, $100 well spent.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Our microwave blew up recently and I ordered a Toshiba from Amazon for a few reasons.
With the last microwave we had I knew when shit was done due to the door fogging up. That told me the moisture in the food was hot enough that the food was too.
The new Toshiba has a sensor feature that does this basically for me. Door fog+ about a minute=done all the way. Automatic.
The REAL reason this thing rocks is it sports a bright LED light and has a silence feature. We nuke shit without a single beep and the microwave is completely silent.
If we had kids it has a nice feature where holding stop for 2 seconds locks the controls to keep kids from nuking pets.
Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor, Easy Clean Interior, ECO Mode and Sound On/Off, 1.2 Cu.ft, 1100W, Black Stainless Steel

doesn't have Alexa support, fail

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My dishwasher started leaking something terrible. $170 and a dehumidifier, new inlet and drain hose, and I’m down to assuming it is just the damn unit. Grab some bricks so am going to elevate it and watch where the leak is coming from if I can see.

Check the inlet valve. They are usually made out of plastic and Ive had several fail for me over the years( they crack from old age) Easy fix though.

edit: oh never mind you changed it already.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I was a kid I loved microwave cooking shit at my friends house because his microwave had a reheat option that was a 1 button push and it was good to go. Every microwave I've seen or had since has a reheat but you have to tell it the type of food, etc.

I want my 1 touch reheat button back!

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
When I was a kid I loved microwave cooking shit at my friends house because his microwave had a reheat option that was a 1 button push and it was good to go. Every microwave I've seen or had since has a reheat but you have to tell it the type of food, etc.

I want my 1 touch reheat button back!
This is pretty much it. The sensor has several 1 touch frozen(pizza, entree) but just the sensor reheat works for everything I've thrown in it frozen or not. It just detects humidity and temp and goes with it. I noticed on like chili it heated for about 2 minutes then display switches from sensor to a 1 minute 50 second countdown where as french bread pizza heats about a minute then switches to a 40 second countdown. Chicken patties does about a minute and a 1 minute 10 second countdown. All these are from pressing the same button. Everything so far came out heated completely frozen or not( no cold spot deep in center ) and not overheated. I'm happy with it. The silent feature is the best though. I tend to eat late/middle of the night. Opening the fridge door makes more noise than this microwave even without the beeping.

BestBuy has a Insignia brand with silent and sensor as well as some other brands. Can't vouch for them though.