How do you prefer your steak?

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Call me crazy, but I like my steak cooked. So medium/well done. I'm too lazy to chew through a raw or rare steak.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grass fed beef: Tastes better, worse, same?

I specifically bought a grass fed rib eye to try for myself and it was amazing. I have no idea if that has anything to do with being grass fed though or if it was just a quality cut of beef.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
List of people who has committed crimes against cows:

Arakkis,
BadSpellar,
Blakkheim,
Caliane,
chthonic-anemos,
El-Jay,
Eorkern,
fifey,
Gorehack,
Gruden,
Jain Farstrider,
Lyrius,
Mire,
OneofOne,
SnowFart,
WeaponizedKetchup,
Zaph0dd

And growing.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Call me crazy, but I like my steak cooked. So medium/well done. I'm too lazy to chew through a raw or rare steak.
Guess you don't realize that chewing a rare or medium-rare steak is a million times easier than a well done, ruined piece of shit? Try something new, you might be surprised.

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Depends on the cut and quality. Lower quality = cook it more.
Typically, a New York or Ribeye: Medium.
Decent Filet: Rare+ (between rare and medium).
Good Filet: Rare.
Great Filet: Let it get a quick look at the heat source, then bring it to me.
Steak My Dad Buys: Cook the awful taste out of it. He buys crap steaks.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_32901.jpg
rrr_img_32906.jpg

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I grew up eating well done steak because that's what my mother and grandparents ordered for me as a kid. My grandmother is a psycho when it comes to overcooking food. When we used to go to burger joints as a kid, we'd have to get to-go orders so she could take it home and microwave it for us to make sure it was all the way cooked. This was especially true of Arby's, where roast beef was sometimes pink (because it's fucking supposed to be) and she insisted it wasn't done until it was gray.

I gradually ate rarer and rarer meats as I got older and it became my choice. As an adult, I have had a full scale rebellion from this way of thought. A Pittsburg rare steak is one of life's great joys, but I love any rare steak. As long as it's not ice cold in the middle I'll happily eat it. My grandmother can barely watch me eat in a restaurant anymore because bloody meats gross her out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Guess you don't realize that chewing a rare or medium-rare steak is a million times easier than a well done, ruined piece of shit? Try something new, you might be surprised.
Was just about to post the same thing... People saying that they have to "chew through" a rare steak have obviously never had one. Eating a well done steak is like chewing on fucking rubber.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Grass fed beef: Tastes better, worse, same?

I specifically bought a grass fed rib eye to try for myself and it was amazing. I have no idea if that has anything to do with being grass fed though or if it was just a quality cut of beef.
I sell a little grass fed beef and I can't even tell you for sure. I grew up eating it and I am back to eating it now after a 10 year hiatus and I would put it up against anything, but it's not like I go the the grocery store and get a steak and think it sucks (hamburger yes, but not steak). Some of my customers though, act like it is some sort of miracle substance that bears little resemblance to supermarket beef. I think a lot of this is the placebo effect personally. I think our grass fed beef is great stuff, but not some sort of miracle like some of the customers seem to think. That said, I don't try to talk them out of it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Best restaurant steak I've had is a toss-up betweenhttp://www.peterluger.com/andhttp://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/

Unfortunately, neither of those places are local to me. There's a place in Miami that is run by a former Peter Luger chef that I hear is awesome as well. I intend to check it out. I'll still do the cast iron sear / oven steak at home, but I still can't pull off a steak like these joints.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I grew up eating well done steak because that's what my mother and grandparents ordered for me as a kid. My grandmother is a psycho when it comes to overcooking food. When we used to go to burger joints as a kid, we'd have to get to-go orders so she could take it home and microwave it for us to make sure it was all the way cooked. This was especially true of Arby's, where roast beef was sometimes pink (because it's fucking supposed to be) and she insisted it wasn't done until it was gray.

I gradually ate rarer and rarer meats as I got older and it became my choice. As an adult, I have had a full scale rebellion from this way of thought. A Pittsburg rare steak is one of life's great joys, but I love any rare steak. As long as it's not ice cold in the middle I'll happily eat it. My grandmother can barely watch me eat in a restaurant anymore because bloody meats gross her out.
I'm actually kind of in the same boat. Spent a ridiculous amount of time with my grandparents and they were ALL about cooking the ever living fuck out of meat.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I prefer tartare over carpaccio, if only for the reason that it's such a pain in the ass to get a 'bite' of carpaccio onto the fork. I always feel like a slob trying to get a decent portion.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I always ask for medium rare, but if you are going to miss I would rather you miss to the rare side.