hyperloop

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
concrete scream tube?
LOL, I was undecided whether I'd want to travel in this thing. Now I do. Gimme some concrete scream tube. I might even be willing to visit cali to do it.

Not sure where people are getting that the tube is concrete. It's supposed to be steel so that you could build the tube in sections off-site and weld it together for the partial-vacuum. Am I the only one who read the white paper?
Yes, you probably are, but fine. Does Aluminium Scream Tube work for you?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You're blowing the 30 min trip out of proportion, Szlia. 30 min is nothing. The proposed seats look quite a bit more comfortable than plane seats. You're drastically underestimating how much people value commute time.

rrr_img_40395.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You're blowing the 30 min trip out of proportion, Szlia. 30 min is nothing. The proposed seats look quite a bit more comfortable than plane seats. You're drastically underestimating how much people value commute time.

rrr_img_40395.jpg
But there is no place to shit or piss in it! Are you telling me I will have to hold my bodily functions for 30minutes? How can I do that when surely there won't be public restrooms at the departure and arrival stations?

Edit - I almost forgot, I drive to work and dont metro because the metro cars here dont have bathrooms and 45minutes on one is too much. That's why I drive my car, allowing me to piss and shit at moments notice even when I get stuck on the highway in traffic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

rrr_img_40395.jpg
uh, whats the height on that thing? im taller than 6 foot and its gonna be a tad uncomfortable with my head jammed into the tube and my legs squished into the seat in front of me.

Edit - I almost forgot, I drive to work and dont metro because the metro cars here dont have bathrooms and 45minutes on one is too much. That's why I drive my car, allowing me to piss and shit at moments notice even when I get stuck on the highway in traffic.
dude

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Then do the same thing you obviously do in your car. Bring a jar. Cause there's no way you're always able to get to a bathroom within a moments notice during the commute.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
uh, whats the height on that thing? im taller than 6 foot and its gonna be a tad uncomfortable with my head jammed into the tube and my legs squished into the seat in front of me.
It's a concept drawing. The tube and vehicles can be whatever size the designers want them to be.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's a concept drawing. The tube and vehicles can be whatever size the designers want them to be.
true, still they have to design these things with their budget in mind, the larger the individual, the more energy its going to take to shotgun them to their location.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did the ride take 30 minutes and was the cabin only able to contain two people?
If you actually read the paper, you'd know the vehicles are meant to hold ~30 people. But being contrarian is more fun than reading.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
true, still they have to design these things with their budget in mind, the larger the individual, the more energy its going to take to shotgun them to their location.
Haha, now there's a constraint Musk may not have thought through. Haven't airlines been struggling with this for a while?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
They can charge by the pound, as long as I, as a fatass who is paying more, gets more room.

The thing that scares me about that concept drawing is that it looks like emergency exits are non-existent.

Szlia

If you actually read the paper, you'd know the vehicles are meant to hold ~30 people. But being contrarian is more fun than reading.
The total number of people per vehicle is irrelevant. What is relevant is the space block for each passenger. As you can see in the picture posted, it's a 2 people block. I'll confess I used the worst case scenario for emphasis as there are 4 people blocks in some of the designs (the crotch-shot seats).

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The total number of people per vehicle is irrelevant. What is relevant is the space block for each passenger. As you can see in the picture posted, it's a 2 people block. I'll confess I used the worst case scenario for emphasis as there are 4 people blocks in some of the designs (the crotch-shot seats).
Ok then. Why does this matter again? Are you saying no one will accept having to sit next to a single person for a 30 minute ride? Quick, call the automobile companies and tell them they've been doing it wrong for the last 100 years!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They can charge by the pound, as long as I, as a fatass who is paying more, gets more room.

The thing that scares me about that concept drawing is that it looks like emergency exits are non-existent.
what would be the point? even if they added a removable glass where the hell are you going to go? just sit back and enjoy your 3 minutes of air.

Szlia

The problem is not having someone next to you or not, the problem is the confined space, the low ceiling, the lack of windows.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
The problem is not having someone next to you or not, the problem is the confined space, the low ceiling, the lack of windows.
I don't think it would be a problem to most people, but much like some people refuse to fly today I'm sure there would be quite a few people would avoid using this thing. Personally, I would probably wait a couple of years until they had worked out any snags before I tried it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I suppose our opinions are different. To each their own.

Wait... this is the internet! U r-tard!!1 Enjy ur slowass car ridez cavefag LOLOL

Whew, almost let reason get in the way of pointless ad hominem. That wouldn't do.