I do not believe in equality

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Equality of opportunity is the only thing I have ever seen anyone substantive actually advocate for. This isn't Harrison Bergeron, no one outside of crazy extremists is advocating institutingactualequality. I have never heard anyone actually advocate for it but I assume those people exist.
Yeah you know what, that's not true, because they always use outcomes as their indicators.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Gazelles are hard as fuck to catch and get away all the time, I don't understand the photo.
The continued existence of lions means that apparently not all of them get away. I think the point of the photo in relation to the quote is obvious, but if you want to be retarded, continue on I guess.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's the female lions that hunt. And they hunt in packs.

The male lions sit around on a rock all day, preen their manes, eat what the females catch, fuck them afterwards, and kill other male lions that try to get in the way of them doing any or all of those previously mentioned things.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Modern civilization: People, who would not survive 5 minutes if it wasn't for the government protecting all of their shit, complaining that other people with no shit want help from the government getting shit in the first place.

That's how it's always been. The people who have shit want a government that's just barely strong enough to protect their shit from the people who don't have shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
that photo is me ordering 5 Guys
Terminator-Smile.gif

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Modern civilization: People, who would not survive 5 minutes if it wasn't for the government protecting all of their shit, complaining that other people with no shit want help from the government getting shit in the first place.

That's how it's always been. The people who have shit want a government that's just barely strong enough to protect their shit from the people who don't have shit.
No one is bitching about government assistance. And no one wants to take away your government cheese, girl. Its just that its a slippery slope from the goverment helping you to then thought policing your ass because of feels and then finally owning your shit including you. Its a bitch to get that fine balance.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
No one is bitching about government assistance. And no one wants to take away your government cheese, girl. Its just that its a slippery slope from the goverment helping you to then thought policing your ass because of feels and then finally owning your shit including you. Its a bitch to get that fine balance.
The first step is accepting that people have less. They most likely made decisions that landed them in that spot. They are living their version of equality. The equality of what you have earned with your good/poor decision making.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first step is accepting that people have less. They most likely made decisions that landed them in that spot. They are living their version of equality. The equality of what you have earned with your good/poor decision making.
And where does education and unequal opportunity play into that?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Oh good, now we're at least up to 19th century arguments. Just 2 more centuries to go, we're closing that gap at breakneck pace.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh good, now we're at least up to 19th century arguments. Just 2 more centuries to go, we're closing that gap at breakneck pace.
IT does not matter what century, thats the thing holy shit mist are you that dense? These are timeless problems that will never be fully solved. Its just rinse, destroy and repeat. Were all one conflict away from slavery again.

Just be thankful you were born on the good side of the globe and in your time. Cause you could of been dealt a shit sandwich you could not even fathom.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
IT does not matter what century, thats the thing holy shit mist are you that dense? These are timeless problems that will never be fully solved. Its just rinse, destroy and repeat. Were all one conflict away from slavery again.

Just be thankful you were born on the good side of the globe and in your time. Cause you could of been dealt a shit sandwich you could not even fathom.
And here we get closer to the modern reactionary argument: "Things are fair enough for me that I can compete in an evolving global economy. However, any further attempts at making things fairer would just increase the pool of people I have to compete with, while providing no direct benefit to me. Could you kindly freeze human progress right here, at least for long enough for me to live, work and die."

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
And where does education and unequal opportunity play into that?
Well I'm 40, I believe you are a few years older? My entire life schools were mixed race and gender. So I assume everyone could have gotten good grades. Got loans/scholarships to then attend college. So education provides the equal opportunity. I have seen plenty of examples of people from different environments being successful. Barack Obama is president and comes from a middle class background. Dr Dre is worth a billion and grew up in Compton. So they obviously took full advantage of equal opportunity and made themselves successful.
I guess I'm saying I miss your point. I do see your intent though.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
And here we get closer to the modern reactionary argument: "Things are fair enough for me that I can compete in an evolving global economy. However, any further attempts at making things fairer would just increase the pool of people I have to compete with, while providing no direct benefit to me. Could you kindly freeze human progress right here, at least for long enough for me to live, work and die."
The world is not fair. Also human nature is to have a pecking order. We will always establish one. Right now all this anger anf partisanship just stems from people wanting to be in the powerful group that controls our caste system. The more you force parity the more attention gets drawn to fighting for any little slight to your perceived position. You are making your own problems with your flawed ideology.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The world is not fair. Also human nature is to have a pecking order. We will always establish one. Right now all this anger anf partisanship just stems from people wanting to be in the powerful group that controls our caste system. The more you force parity the more attention gets drawn to fighting for any little slight to your perceived position. You are making your own problems with your flawed ideology.