Idle Heroes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
how do they keep it funded?

Couldn't tell you honestly. I was looking through the discord and didn't see anything even talking about donations or funding. but they do it somehow though. I dont mind though. gets me the fix of feeling like i have to make progress in it without feeling compelled to buy things. This to me is especially nice since I guess devs nerf heroes on the main game servers to promote the new heros they introduce and other crappy stuff like that. the private server will tweak things and, especially during the monthly season server, change up what heros are good or ban certain ones to force people to try others which is kinda neat. (banning being you simply can't make them into 6 star heroes or higher)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Couldn't tell you honestly. I was looking through the discord and didn't see anything even talking about donations or funding. but they do it somehow though. I dont mind though. gets me the fix of feeling like i have to make progress in it without feeling compelled to buy things. This to me is especially nice since I guess devs nerf heroes on the main game servers to promote the new heros they introduce and other crappy stuff like that. the private server will tweak things and, especially during the monthly season server, change up what heros are good or ban certain ones to force people to try others which is kinda neat. (banning being you simply can't make them into 6 star heroes or higher)
whats the diff between server vs. season?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
whats the diff between server vs. season?

Season resets monthly, and is separate from server 1. So it has multipliers on things like exp/gold/etc (i think its 10x), also 2x I think boost to tavern rewards.So much higher chance to get 5 star from summoning circle. etc. the discord has a lot of the information usually. I usually do both. Server 1 to long term grind. seasonal is fun to goof around with since it resets every month and fun to see if you get lucky in that time or whatever.

Also feels like you progress, because after level 100 ish or so, it takes forever to level up on the basic server, or to simply get enough to upgrade heroes.

But I think the discord has a lot of the details if you get curious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This to me is especially nice since I guess devs nerf heroes on the main game servers to promote the new heros they introduce and other crappy stuff like that

No they don’t, they’ve only really nerfed one hero since I’ve been playing and she was retarded broken, and still is actually the best overall hero in the game even post nerf. They tend to just release new heroes that are better rather than nerf older ones

Private server will also no longer be getting updated with normal server content/heroes. DH recently changed something with the game and the PS guy can’t just roll the update into PS anymore

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
AladainAF AladainAF and Ritley Ritley what should I be doing with this setup here? Celestial got insanely hard after I leveled up and went from level 70’s to 6🌟at 120 just wrecking me. Also I just unlocked Aspen also, which should I be using? Also I don’t know that I understand how to cheese Brave Island properly.

8CB49C15-E285-4CD6-B5AC-24BB6A255EE8.png

I went and combined everything I could into 5 🌟 for this event is how that jumped up so fast.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
1 hero that is significantly more advanced than the rest of your hero list can carry for a decent time. With what you have right now, just stockpile those hero mats. For sure level up heart watcher, and I recommend leveling norma. I used her as a carry for quite a few of the noob levels.

This is after approx 1 year on my account. VIP 4, 5 next month (First faith blade last night on a lucky prophet orb!):
Screenshot_20181030-173652.png
Screenshot_20181030-173709.png

e: With the recent changes to the marketplace, Aspen is less relevant than it used to be. I only spend gold there now, and quite frankly the middle bitch is a ripoff every time.

As far as celestial, stay at a level that you can farm as efficiently as possible (1-2 flower thingys for boss.) It's the only way I have been able to successfully get the skin pieces.

Brave island is crappy if you ask me. I have not had success cheesing it by removing equipment before starting the event. I would also like to know the secret of BI, cause right now I can barely be asked. Unfortunately the pets are a must have, and BI gives decent pet mats. The snake pet is muy bueno as first pet. Hits like a fuckin truck.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
AladainAF AladainAF and Ritley Ritley what should I be doing with this setup here? Celestial got insanely hard after I leveled up and went from level 70’s to 6🌟at 120 just wrecking me. Also I just unlocked Aspen also, which should I be using? Also I don’t know that I understand how to cheese Brave Island properly.

View attachment 181113

I went and combined everything I could into 5 🌟 for this event is how that jumped up so fast.
Not much you are going to be able to do to for celestial, one of the things that happen is that when your tower level hits certain intervals, the enemies will level up. Find a higher level friend and use them to assist with the big island at least, but otherwise you are just gonna have to plug away at what you can. Don’t upgrade tower for awhile until you catch up.

For aspen, I’d say HW, Norma, Faceless, Dantalian, and Fat Mu. You aren’t going to get out of easy, just get as far as you can

Brave trial isn’t worth trying to cheese until you are a bit further. You gotta have a higher level self healer so that they can effectively solo the lower level team. Your opponents are based off of your top 6 heroes’ power, so ideally your top hero is a healer (ie Norma, Vesa, gerke, etc.) and you unequip your other heroes and only use your heroes. This artificially deflates your enemies power, and the way this game is, a higher level hero is often invincible when fighting a lower level team.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I got a second Norma, should I six star her and sacrifice anything to do it? You see my other five star reds.
Yeah, none of your other 5 star abyss heroes are worth building up. Norma is pretty good early game, and once she outlives her usefulness you can sac her for something better

What are you putting your orbs into?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, none of your other 5 star abyss heroes are worth building up. Norma is pretty good early game, and once she outlives her usefulness you can sac her for something better

What are you putting your orbs into?
Orbs like for prophet tree? Abyss.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Orbs like for prophet tree? Abyss.
Yeah the prophet orbs for prophet tree. My suggestion is usually to dump them into forest, but abyss is a close second. Just definitely don’t put any into fortress/shadow/light/dark for quite awhile unless you absolutely need to to finish a heroic miracle event

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i finally got my 4th, 4star norma, now i need the 4 of the 3star little shits to make her. (i used 4 of them already to make 5star aleria, for the event and since aleria is also used for 6star norma).

she'll be my first 6 star.

i also have the heroes for a 6star sierra, but i'm guessing that'll be a waste huh?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You can’t really waste anything long term since you need 6 star heroes to upgrade other heroes, but yeah Sierra is not good

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
finally got a 6star, demon hunter, next is norma (i need a trash 3star), i'm holding off on 6star'ing that sierra, maybe i can get lucky and 6star sigmund or ormus

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ended up with Gusta as my first 6 star as the pieces for him fell into place, went ahead with him so i could finish my 7 star taverns before the end of the tavern event.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well this is impossible to beat with who I have left. I wasted the other guys before I realized Norma can solo everything and heal herself to full on every turn. Double healer just can’t be whittled down by her.

CDEBA332-5A58-46C1-8CB1-5C3BD2C0B744.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Dont expect to get through Easy in aspen until you have a 6+ hero.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also, if at all possible you need to pick up vesa in shelter event. She is probably the best all around hero up until 10 star