"I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now?", he said to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plus you're gay so you probably leave your apartments nicer than when you moved in.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
SF renting laws are serious business. That's why barrier to entry is extreme. It cost me nearly $5,000 to move into the apartment I'm living in now because once you're in, it's really hard to get you out if you're a shitty tenant. The huge price point is a good filter.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plus you're gay so you probably leave your apartments nicer than when you moved in.
I have a friend that has a couple places he rents. Total conservative right wing "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!" guy. All that shit goes right out the window if a gay man/couple wants to rent one of his places. He LOVES the gays then. He'd overtly try to rent to only gay dudes if that was an easy option for him.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
GOOD NEWS.

I sent a text Thursday asking if the title had been mailed. (D?j? vu)
She responded that she had not received $200, so no, the title had not been mailed.
I said "The last text I got from you was to give you the address so that you could mail the title, so I assumed you were mailing it."
She said "Not until I get $200"
I said "Look, I'm fine giving you $200, but I'm not mailing it blindly and hoping you mail me the title. I asked to meet you atTitlemaxand you said you weren't delivering it, but I'm not going to go to your house for this either. I want to work this out in a way that doesn't screw me, or you, do you have any suggestions?"
She said "I will meet you at a gas station but I'm not going to that asstitlemax"
I said "That would be fine. I'll see if I can get up there tomorrow, I'll text you when I know."

So, my plan was to leave early from work Friday and just say fuck it and go do that. I get to my house at 4:30 p.m. to switch cars with my wife, but she's not home. I call her to find out where she is because she knew the plan and is supposed to have picked up the kids and been home already. She's in Vegas with her sister, they called Brandi and are meeting her at a gas station to exchange $200 for the title. We have a "little" argument, because fairly pissed/worried. While we are talking Brandi pulls up. I tell my wife that if I don't hear from her in 10 minutes I'm going to freak the fuck out, so please, call me right back so I know you're not shot in the face at a 7-11 in Vegas. Again, I'm not happy about this at all.

She calls me back a few minutes later and says "I've got the Title and a Bill of Sale. She showed up with her boyfriend but he stayed in the car the whole time. I told her on the phone I was a friend of yours, so she had no idea who I was (even though they met when we bought the car back in July). She also had to sign the title right there, so she never tried to send it like we thought. We handed each other the stuff at the same time, and as I started to walk away she said "Hey, the guys name is Mike right?" and I said "yeah?", and she said "Tell him that if I had wanted the car back I could have had it anytime." and I just said "Ok" and got back in my car."

So, my wife got back Friday night with the title. I am really glad that the whole thing is over, it's been a nightmare. Brandi sent me a text Friday night basically just gloating and insulting me again, and ending it with "have a nice life", I just said "I'm sure I will, you reap what you sow.", even though I should have said nothing, because who wants to deal with anything else. She sent some more stuff after that, but I did ignore it that time.

I find it kind of insane that I imagine I will remember her full name 10 years from now if you ask me, but she wasn't even sure of my name. Just emphasises how little any of this even affected her, while making my life hell.

I spent from 8:30 yesterday morning, to 4:30 going to dealerships looking at cars. I never even stopped for lunch, I can't get rid of this thing fast enough.

Sorry the story didn't end climatically with me getting shot, or going to jail for murder. Boring story is boring, I know.

It's weird, I'm relieved its over, but I can't bring myself to be happy about any part of it. I feel like I should be celebrating, but I'm just kind of resigned about the whole thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
you should be celebrating, and thanking your lucky stars...

this could have gone really poorly...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol @ the wife taking a few hours to just take care of the entire thing for you. I'd let her handle these things from now on.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol @ the wife taking a few hours to just take care of the entire thing for you. I'd let her handle these things from now on.
LOL!

OP: We at least need a FB picture. You should dish her full info though, especially after the bitchy comments after all was said and done. Nothing to lose at this point!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
LOL!

OP: We at least need a FB picture. You should dish her full info though, especially after the bitchy comments after all was said and done. Nothing to lose at this point!
He has a lot to lose since if they get harrased the only retribution they can enact is on him and his family. I know you guys want to see some more lulz out of this but if I were onoes I'd just try to forget everything about this but the lessons learned.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
When I started renting they gave me the option to pay $100 for some kind of deposit insurance that covered up to $500 in deposit fees, or pay the $500 deposit. I haven't moved out yet but I wish I took the $100 deposit insurance because they will easily spend $500 paying people to make the apartment showable when we leave.
I currently have that feel.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LOL!

He won't. OP is a giant jellyfish. As is evidenced by the fact that his wife had to sack-up and take care of this whole thing.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Onoes, count your blessings, and try not to be such a fucking idiot from now on.

Your poor wife...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Glad you got closure. Tip for the future, let your wife do the buying from now on. She wears the pants in the family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love that you are so disgusted that now you intend to sell the car off and you're going to go get something at a dealership after all. Make sure you don't take a check or something from your prospective buyer! Or do and come back to share your selling nightmare with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.