"I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now?", he said to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As for the car, all three dealerships I went to confirmed it had been in 2 accidents
Holy fuck dude. What a learning experience this shit has been, huh? Sucks, but at least the bullshit with them is over and years from now it will all be water under the bridge. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to try selling person to person because its pointless now. Most of them are going to find out the things you didn't about this car, and you won't get much out of it. Only option is being a dick and trying to fuck someone over without them knowing what they are getting.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Keep the car parked nearby and every time you feel like you're about to make another stupid fucking decision go look at it to remind yourself about your last stupid fucking decision.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And yeah, after test driving other cars, the one I bought really seems like a giant pile of shit. It seemed better compared to my duct taped together current car of 7 years, but holy shit is it night and day with every single other car I drove.

So that, plus the fact I want to forget this whole thing, is why I'm so gung ho on just getting rid of it and moving on.
Right and if you do this, you're just asking to be fucked again nice and hard.

Why are you so fucking stupid? That's a serious question. I mean why the fuck are you so goddamn retarded?

You're about to trade in the car for 3k less than you paid for it, with it needing another 3k in repairs, so you can get another car, with a fucking monthly payment for the next 2-who the fuck knows how many years, all because "I just want to get this over with" and "The other car drives better than the one I got raped on".

You are a barely functioning idiot if this is how your logic works. I'm amazed your wife didn't stay in Vegas with the couple that ripped you off, at least they know how to take an idiot for every penny he's worth and leave him begging for more.

You could have bought that other car originally if you hadn't been a dumbass, now's the time to sit in your shit and live with it for awhile instead of compounding the problem triply by going to a scumbag dealership and getting ripped off trading in a junker for a new monthly payment and loan debt.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You don't need a functional air bag system. Just drive your current car.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I saw Diddley's post and I saw that fuckin' avatar and I could feel in my bones what was coming next.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
MartinFreeman-MissionAccomplished.gif

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
You don't have to be such a dick Hodj, we all make mistakes, he made a huge one and in most of these huge mistake we make, we just want to get rid of "whatever remind us of that huge mistake " asap.

khalid

Unelected Mod
in most of these huge mistake we make, we just want to get rid of "whatever remind us of that huge mistake " asap.
Hodj is right though, you might want to get rid of "whatever reminds you" of it, but if that is making you lose even more money than its just stupid on top of stupid.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I burnt my hand on the weekend, guess its time to chop the motherfucker off so I am not reminded of the burn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Your wife should divorce you before you lose the kids in a high stakes game of old maid.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
God damn, I go away for one day and could drink a gallon of hate'o'rade from the comments left here. Well not all of them. Some of you are understanding, if not downright nice about it, so thanks for that!

As for the car, all three dealerships I went to confirmed it had been in 2 accidents, something I could have also confirmed had I done a carfax, and all estimated the repairs needed to the car around $3k ($2,800 to $3,500 to be exact, depending on the place, almost all of that to fix the airbag system, which is non-functioning). It's crazy how at every dealership the guys can immediately start pointing out shit tons of flaws that I would have never noticed. "This has been repainted, look you can see orange peel here and here, and over there. Also, see how the light doesn't line up with the hood? And look at the rear fender? See how I can slide my finger in here and pull this away from the car, yeah, I shouldn't be able to do that, all of this should be snug". 2 out of the 3 lots I went to, the guys said almost the same things, with the Hyundai guy clearly being the most knowledgeable.

The local place offered 6k for it as a trade in, the Hyundai dealership offered 6.5-7k depending on what their "good" mechanic says about it if I bring it back in on Tuesday, and the Ford Dealership said 6k as well. In addition to that, if I go with the Ford Dealership I qualify for their Z-plan, which is the best employee they have, as my dad worked for Ford forever. They also have a 2k rebate on buying a new car, that I can get in addition to the rest. So, I have the option of 6-7k on a pre-owned car on two lots, or 10-11k on a new Ford. I could also, as some of you suggested, try to sell it to some unsuspecting Joe trying for my money back, but I'm not really a dick, in addition to never really wanting to enter any kind of transaction with another human being again, so that doesn't seem like a great plan. Maybe I could talk my wife into being the face man? Har har

And yeah, after test driving other cars, the one I bought really seems like a giant pile of shit. It seemed better compared to my duct taped together current car of 7 years, but holy shit is it night and day with every single other car I drove.

So that, plus the fact I want to forget this whole thing, is why I'm so gung ho on just getting rid of it and moving on.

(Edit - I typed a big ass paragraph here defending myself to the people who still think I probably caused all this through aggressiveness or whatever, or that I am leaving things out, or whatever, but ultimately, it's the internet, I can't prove anything. I'm guilty of being dumb, by way of being trusting and nice, giving some people who looked untrustworthy the benefit of the doubt. I don't plan on getting into the situation again, because, in all honesty, even with this whole terrible thing, I could very well convince myself of "No way that could happen again right? You don't want to insult anyone by implying...". That's just the kind of person I am. I've had friends do really shitty things before, and a few months later I'm helping them move or something. I tend to understand people make mistakes, no ones perfect, forgive and forget. Again, no way I can prove anything I'm saying, but if any of you idiots are ever in Kingman Arizona, call me up, I'll have you over, cook you dinner, play board games with you, whatever. I'll end this now, as my paraphrase turned into a big ass wall of text as well. Summary: I'm great! :p)

As far as giving out all her personal info.... there have definitely been times where I about posted all of it here, out of insane anger. I'm wanting to be done with it now, so I'm not seeing any positive outcome to me doing that. Best case scenario is nothing, worse is that "shit gets real" when her scumbag friends show up to stop the non stop harassment she is getting. Right? I would love to post her Facebook page, just so you can see that the theme of every picture is her dressed like a slut, taking pictures of herself that are blurred enough you can't see her imperfections while posting things like "Looking Hott!", or Duck-facing pictures with her boyfriend looking smug, OR her and motorcycles (which apparently her dad, x-boyfriend, current boyfriend, and everyone she know's are into, not that there is anything wrong with that, just saying), but again, what's the point?

A couple of you have said "DON'T POST THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD", and I'm thinking that they are probably the voices of reason among the masses asking for it.
You promised us their info when you started all fo this and now you go back on it?

Let the negs flow.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Should rename this thread

'I'm a fucking idiot, what should I do now thread' to consolidate the advice to give to those who has done stupid shit and needs some help

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Most likely result of you giving out their information is they get a link to this thread and a request to come tell their story. Which would be hilarious to hear what you left out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Most likely result of you giving out their information is they get a link to this thread and a request to come tell their story. Which would be hilarious to hear what you left out.
Well now he HAS to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.