"I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now?", he said to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So I was right: this entire thing was one gigantic, retarded, moronic misunderstanding and there wasn't any attempts at scamming going on. Just both sides being complete fucking idiots. Not trying to insult you Onoes, but there's really not much else that can be said about this sordid affair.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
After all this you're going to take the car to a dealership and get screwed again? Just drive the fucking thing. It's not like they're going to steal it, they have to know that they will be the first place anyone will go if you report it stolen.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah its definitely time to stop for a bit, take a breath and ask yourself "Am I stuck in a retarded ruthole of repetitively stupid behavior?"

The answer is clearly yes if your goal is to now sell the car, probably at a loss, to "recoup" and "put behind you" this whole mess. That shit ain't possible, stop chasing the dragon.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After all this you're going to take the car to a dealership and get screwed again? Just drive the fucking thing. It's not like they're going to steal it, they have to know that they will be the first place anyone will go if you report it stolen.
Well don't trade it in. Get the smoke smell out and sell it on CL for like $13k.

So I was right: this entire thing was one gigantic, retarded, moronic misunderstanding and there wasn't any attempts at scamming going on. Just both sides being complete fucking idiots. Not trying to insult you Onoes, but there's really not much else that can be said about this sordid affair.
Well he said she told the wife that she could have taken the car back at any time. Which indicates to me that there were at least some underpinnings of scammer thinking going on with the hooker and the con man.

iannis

Musty Nester
God Bless Him but I don't think Eomer has ever met this particular brand of scumfuck. This may be a particular sort of low class American scumfuckery.

Something was going on with that woman, and for sure the boyfriend. It could have been a lot of things and "derps gonna derp" is definitely one of them. I think there was more than one single thing going on there. Her firing parting shots trying to make him look like the asshole.

My guess is that at the very least the "tags" fine predated the sale of the car, and maybe she just forgot about that debt when she was setting the price of the car initially so she bled it out of him with the title.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God Bless Him but I don't think Eomer has ever met this particular brand of scumfuck. This may be a particular sort of low class American scumfuckery.

Something was going on with that woman, and for sure the boyfriend. It could have been a lot of things and "derps gonna derp" is definitely one of them. I think there was more than one single thing going on there. Her firing parting shots trying to make him look like the asshole.

My guess is that at the very least the "tags" fine predated the sale of the car, and maybe she just forgot about that debt when she was setting the price of the car initially so she bled it out of him with the title.
Yeah they sounded shady but stupid and impulsive. Its not that uncommon at all. Decent middle class working nerds like Ohnoes getting confused and panicky dealing with trashbags like this isn't uncommon either though. I don't think it was a misunderstanding per se. If they weren't deadbeats the transaction wouldn't have been complicated in the first place. Its not Ohnoes fault that they had some loan shark title lien and a bunch of MVA fines to contend with before they could release the vehicle.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The two low-lifes are definitely throwing an eight ball or meth party in his honor

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Well don't trade it in. Get the smoke smell out and sell it on CL for like $13k.
Yeah. If you have to get rid of it for some reason, at least don't go with a trade-in. They will just give you half what you paid for it in trade and then tack half of that on to the price of your new car.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You should clearly sell it back to the chick you bought it from and let her pay you with a personal check.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
God damn, I go away for one day and could drink a gallon of hate'o'rade from the comments left here. Well not all of them. Some of you are understanding, if not downright nice about it, so thanks for that!

As for the car, all three dealerships I went to confirmed it had been in 2 accidents, something I could have also confirmed had I done a carfax, and all estimated the repairs needed to the car around $3k ($2,800 to $3,500 to be exact, depending on the place, almost all of that to fix the airbag system, which is non-functioning). It's crazy how at every dealership the guys can immediately start pointing out shit tons of flaws that I would have never noticed. "This has been repainted, look you can see orange peel here and here, and over there. Also, see how the light doesn't line up with the hood? And look at the rear fender? See how I can slide my finger in here and pull this away from the car, yeah, I shouldn't be able to do that, all of this should be snug". 2 out of the 3 lots I went to, the guys said almost the same things, with the Hyundai guy clearly being the most knowledgeable.

The local place offered 6k for it as a trade in, the Hyundai dealership offered 6.5-7k depending on what their "good" mechanic says about it if I bring it back in on Tuesday, and the Ford Dealership said 6k as well. In addition to that, if I go with the Ford Dealership I qualify for their Z-plan, which is the best employee they have, as my dad worked for Ford forever. They also have a 2k rebate on buying a new car, that I can get in addition to the rest. So, I have the option of 6-7k on a pre-owned car on two lots, or 10-11k on a new Ford. I could also, as some of you suggested, try to sell it to some unsuspecting Joe trying for my money back, but I'm not really a dick, in addition to never really wanting to enter any kind of transaction with another human being again, so that doesn't seem like a great plan. Maybe I could talk my wife into being the face man? Har har

And yeah, after test driving other cars, the one I bought really seems like a giant pile of shit. It seemed better compared to my duct taped together current car of 7 years, but holy shit is it night and day with every single other car I drove.

So that, plus the fact I want to forget this whole thing, is why I'm so gung ho on just getting rid of it and moving on.

(Edit - I typed a big ass paragraph here defending myself to the people who still think I probably caused all this through aggressiveness or whatever, or that I am leaving things out, or whatever, but ultimately, it's the internet, I can't prove anything. I'm guilty of being dumb, by way of being trusting and nice, giving some people who looked untrustworthy the benefit of the doubt. I don't plan on getting into the situation again, because, in all honesty, even with this whole terrible thing, I could very well convince myself of "No way that could happen again right? You don't want to insult anyone by implying...". That's just the kind of person I am. I've had friends do really shitty things before, and a few months later I'm helping them move or something. I tend to understand people make mistakes, no ones perfect, forgive and forget. Again, no way I can prove anything I'm saying, but if any of you idiots are ever in Kingman Arizona, call me up, I'll have you over, cook you dinner, play board games with you, whatever. I'll end this now, as my paraphrase turned into a big ass wall of text as well. Summary: I'm great! :p)

As far as giving out all her personal info.... there have definitely been times where I about posted all of it here, out of insane anger. I'm wanting to be done with it now, so I'm not seeing any positive outcome to me doing that. Best case scenario is nothing, worse is that "shit gets real" when her scumbag friends show up to stop the non stop harassment she is getting. Right? I would love to post her Facebook page, just so you can see that the theme of every picture is her dressed like a slut, taking pictures of herself that are blurred enough you can't see her imperfections while posting things like "Looking Hott!", or Duck-facing pictures with her boyfriend looking smug, OR her and motorcycles (which apparently her dad, x-boyfriend, current boyfriend, and everyone she know's are into, not that there is anything wrong with that, just saying), but again, what's the point?

A couple of you have said "DON'T POST THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD", and I'm thinking that they are probably the voices of reason among the masses asking for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like all thats left for you to do to make this story worthwhile is to park your new running car in an enclosed garage, close your eyes for about an hour, and bask in the relief that this is all finally over.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
There has to be like 10,000 hookers in Vegas, and none of them use their real name when they work. It's a needle in a haystack.

The local place offered 6k for it as a trade in, the Hyundai dealership offered 6.5-7k depending on what their "good" mechanic says about it if I bring it back in on Tuesday, and the Ford Dealership said 6k as well. In addition to that, if I go with the Ford Dealership I qualify for their Z-plan, which is the best employee they have, as my dad worked for Ford forever. They also have a 2k rebate on buying a new car, that I can get in addition to the rest. So, I have the option of 6-7k on a pre-owned car on two lots, or 10-11k on a new Ford. I could also, as some of you suggested, try to sell it to some unsuspecting Joe trying for my money back, but I'm not really a dick, in addition to never really wanting to enter any kind of transaction with another human being again, so that doesn't seem like a great plan. Maybe I could talk my wife into being the face man? Har har
Man, I wish I had something to sell you. 6K in trade is really 3k if you're lucky, since every dealer I have ever been to is willing to drop 3-5K off the price of a used car if you don't have a trade-in. Do you have to get the airbags fixed? If it was me I would just drive it for a year without the airbags and then if nothing else serious has gone wrong with it in that amount of time get them fixed.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
God damn, I go away for one day and could drink a gallon of hate'o'rade from the comments left here. Well not all of them. Some of you are understanding, if not downright nice about it, so thanks for that!

As for the car, all three dealerships I went to confirmed it had been in 2 accidents, something I could have also confirmed had I done a carfax, and all estimated the repairs needed to the car around $3k ($2,800 to $3,500 to be exact, depending on the place, almost all of that to fix the airbag system, which is non-functioning). It's crazy how at every dealership the guys can immediately start pointing out shit tons of flaws that I would have never noticed. "This has been repainted, look you can see orange peel here and here, and over there. Also, see how the light doesn't line up with the hood? And look at the rear fender? See how I can slide my finger in here and pull this away from the car, yeah, I shouldn't be able to do that, all of this should be snug". 2 out of the 3 lots I went to, the guys said almost the same things, with the Hyundai guy clearly being the most knowledgeable.

And yeah, after test driving other cars, the one I bought really seems like a giant pile of shit. It seemed better compared to my duct taped together current car of 7 years, but holy shit is it night and day with every single other car I drove.

So that, plus the fact I want to forget this whole thing, is why I'm so gung ho on just getting rid of it and moving on.

(Edit - I typed a big ass paragraph here defending myself to the people who still think I probably caused all this through aggressiveness or whatever, or that I am leaving things out, or whatever, but ultimately, it's the internet, I can't prove anything. I'm guilty of being dumb, by way of being trusting and nice, giving some people who looked untrustworthy the benefit of the doubt. I don't plan on getting into the situation again, because, in all honesty, even with this whole terrible thing, I could very well convince myself of "No way that could happen again right? You don't want to insult anyone by implying...". That's just the kind of person I am. I've had friends do really shitty things before, and a few months later I'm helping them move or something. I tend to understand people make mistakes, no ones perfect, forgive and forget. Again, no way I can prove anything I'm saying, but if any of you idiots are ever in Kingman Arizona, call me up, I'll have you over, cook you dinner, play board games with you, whatever. I'll end this now, as my paraphrase turned into a big ass wall of text as well. Summary: I'm great! :p)

As far as giving out all her personal info.... there have definitely been times where I about posted all of it here, out of insane anger. I'm wanting to be done with it now, so I'm not seeing any positive outcome to me doing that. Best case scenario is nothing, worse is that "shit gets real" when her scumbag friends show up to stop the non stop harassment she is getting. Right? I would love to post her Facebook page, just so you can see that the theme of every picture is her dressed like a slut, taking pictures of herself that are blurred enough you can't see her imperfections while posting things like "Looking Hott!", or Duck-facing pictures with her boyfriend looking smug, OR her and motorcycles (which apparently her dad, x-boyfriend, current boyfriend, and everyone she know's are into, not that there is anything wrong with that, just saying), but again, what's the point?

A couple of you have said "DON'T POST THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD", and I'm thinking that they are probably the voices of reason among the masses asking for it.
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Status
Not open for further replies.