"I'm a fucking idiot, what do I do now?", he said to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Also, if you do indeed go through with the court route and successfully obtain a judgement against them for costs and damages, as your lawyer said, they most probably won't be able to pay you so couldn't you sell that debt to a debt collection agency? You won't get the full amount but should still get a good proportion of it back.
I know you are saying "wake the fuck up man" like I have just been sitting here twiddling my thumbs, but I've already been to a lawyer. If I take them to court, all they get is a notice in the mail saying "You should be in court this day". They just ignore it and don't go. I have to pay all the fines and the judge has the DMV transfer the title to my name. This costs me around 3,000 dollars, they never even go to court (other than 1 letter they can just ignore the whole thing), and I get a title to the car around this time next year (Lawyer said to expect it to take around a year for a resolution).

It's not like I'm really giving it to them good by going this route. Why would they even care. They will get that letter and just laugh knowing I'm spending tons of money and time to get this piece of paper they could care less about.

If I take them to court a second time for the costs, again, expect another year of going to court, which again, they don't even have to show up for. If I win, I'm out $6,000ish now, and they get a letter saying "You are required to pay back this money at a rate of $211 a month" or whatever. They then throw that in the trash and laugh about it. They mail me nothing.

At that point I can try to take them back to court again, to get some kind of wage garnishment set up. If she doesn't have a job though... ? NOTHING.

I don't think debt collection agencies buy personal debt from people with court orders to pay it. Why would they? I just tried googling it to see if I was just wrong on this, but didn't really find any info. Maybe thats an option, you are the first person to suggest it, so I don't know.

At least with the abandoned vehicle thing, I pay a much smaller fee, and the DMV sends them a notice saying "Someone is trying to take control of your car, is it really abandoned?", kind of thing. If they respond, then yeah, I'm out $80 or something. If they don't though, I get the deed for $80 in 3 months, vs $3000 and a year in the courts.

Trust me, I'm trying to figure this thing out. It's not the police departments job apparently, and our legal system is built on the honor system with no consequences, as far as I can tell. As far as "making her pay", there are no legal options for that, again, as far as anyone's been able to tell me, and that includes the two lawyers.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's... an interesting thought. One must wonder what his parole dude would think of him involved in illegal scams.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One must wonder what his parole dude would think of him involved in illegal scams.
He probably wouldn't really care since there's not much to go on, but you never know. Its not like you have him red handed or can point to him doing some shit that can be observed again.

They are fucking with him and leaving no recourse, why not fuck with them back somehow. Not many options by the sound of it.

I'm wondering what the point of all this is again. The stolen car thing almost sounds realistic, maybe they don't have a title at all. TheTitleMaxguy being in on it is the only part that seems to throw things off, how long could that guy keep his job with this shit going on, unless it was a one time thing and he's just an idiot too.

I mean, they haven't made any move to take the car back, and I think you said they know your address. What does it benefit them to still be fucking around with the title. I guess they could be fucking with you since they had to pay that tag fine. Could be the most realistic explanation, they just needed the tags back and the title was slow coming back due to the circumstances. You didn't trust them and it cost them money, now they are hassling you to get back at you for that $300. If so, it was just lack of communication and a series of bad decisions on both sides.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You going to coach him through the ins and outs of how to fuck with this dude? Assuming you are still in that line of work.
I'm not. But PO's get cold/anon calls all the time trying to fuck with their offenders. Easy to assume people have an axe to grind and see it as an easy attack and possibly fabricated info. The best he could hope for is that the PO is a real dick and/or already hates this guy for being a pain in his ass. But given what's going on there's only so much that is really concrete. Ohnoes could lie and say the guy seemed high or smelled like he was drinking, but I'm not saying he should be making that ethical choice to do, even though it might be met with skepticism anyway. That might not even go anywhere unless it results in a surprise AND the guy is really going to fail any drug/alcohol tests.

The flip side, of course, is that the dude is going to figure out that Ohnoes tried to drop dime on him. Most likely it would just result in more big talk, but on the off chance this guy is legit psycho it might not seem worth the risk to put your family in harm's way. Even if you say you want to stay anon some law enforcement people are dickheads, cocky or just dumb and will be like "oh yeah that guy your girlfriend is scamming over a car online told me all about you".

Or you could be more general and not talk about the car and just try to make the guy sound bad, which again is sort of lying and stooping to their level, and there's still a chance they will assume it was you.

But, its a thought. If you get pissed enough. Taking nearly $10k of your money and holding the title is bullshit, even if you did cost them $300 in title fees.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Isn't it pretty easy to figure out if a car was stolen? Can't you just use something like carfax and do a VIN lookup?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, but I thought he ruled that out already. I was sort of wondering myself if he had verified them as owners, but the information in the thread is so scattered that I figured I must have missed it.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Shit bro, you should just go undercover and set up a 'dance' with this bitch and tell her you have a car title fetish.

Maybe you'll get lucky.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Actually talked with her tonight. I can barely fucking type this. I could literally stab her to death. I know this is a stupid thing to write, but holy fuck. My vision keeps making everything all bright, and I'm breathing faster than shit. If she knocked on my door right now I would stab her 500 times, and then jump up and down on her fucking body until it was paste. I've never been this mad in my entire life, just shaking all over mad. Holy fuck. I'm not acting on anything, I'm going to calm down, and I'm going to go to sleep, and I'm going to wake up in a few hours and play some final fantasy and not think about it.

Suffice it to say, I don't have the title. She's intent on the only way I'm getting it back is showing up at the entrance to her gated community with $200. I'm fine with that. At this point fuck it, I'm literally willing to get stabbed over this, I'm so fucking mad. However, friends in Vegas are not willing to help, friends here are busy. So, the only way this happens is if I drive up alone, and meet her at night. I'm serious that part of me is fucking fine with that, I'm so mad. If it was a 10 minute drive I would be headed there now. Everyone telling me not to do it, plus the part of my brain thats not INSANE right now, is stopping me, but FUCKING FUCK.

And she quoted Jesus at me. Fucking religious shit, which just angers me more. Told me I need to break bread like Jesus said. I have no idea what the fuck that means other than some fucking piece of shit sub human.... I have no idea. I want her to fucking die right now.
FUCK.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Dude...

Don't go alone

Seriously

Calm down man, take a deep breath.

You may be an idiot but you are OUR idiot.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If you can't get friends to go with you, tell her to meet in a public place. Is there a mall, or something with security around where she is? Just...don't go alone to her territory, don't be dumb.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
'Come here, I'll pay $50 extra, meet at this busy place. Sorry this got so fucked up, I just want to have it over and have the car I paid for free and clear.'

Or $100 if you have to, whatever to get her atyourchosen location and get it the fuck over with. Get all this stupid revenge and internet retardation out of your head. Just get over it, get this over with as painlessly as possible, and move the fuck on. This is real life, as much as I enjoy reading all this wildly stupid shit there's no reason you should do anything that might even remotely drag it on any longer than necessary. "OMG 4chan facebook LULZ!" Grow the fuck up. You were a stupid asshole, they are stupid assholes, get passed it and take it as a learning experience. Having some dipshits order pizza to their house isn't going to help you in any way. Be a grown up, handle shit, move on.

iannis

Musty Nester
Onoes is so gonna get mugged. He's already been grifted and robbed. Now comes the beating.

I really don't think this is "stupid assholes being stupid assholes". There are people in this world that live like this. This is their world. It's sad, but it's a truth. That boyfriend is gonna come jumping out of the bushes and tell you "Bet you wish you would have taken the first deal LIKE A MAN" as he curbstomps you.

You've got a whore and an ex-con, and people are telling you that they mean well. lol. THEY DON'T MEAN WELL, ONOES.

Tell her to meet you at thetitlemaxwhere the shit started to begin with. Tell her you don't trust her tweaker ass ex-con of a pimp if she refuses. She wants that $200 more than she wants to protect her dignity. She's awhore.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know that point in every movie where the villain threatens to harm a hostage or to destroy something unless you do what they want? The guy, who by definition is the least trustworthy individual depicted in the entire scenario, expects you to sacrifice something while in no way making any concession himself so he still maintains the exact same position of leverage or danger after you give up what he wants.

Don't be the idiot guy from Die Hard 1 who tries to sell out McClane to Hanz and gets himself a headshot. Be John McClane and acknowledge it's stupid to give yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.