Imperator: Rome (2019)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Releases tomorrow. Waiting on my GMG code. I'm hopeful. CK2 is one of my favorite all time games, though after like 5 years I stopped keeping up with xpacs and I'm like 4 or more behind now.

Wondering if they'll make it so you can import saves from this into CK2 like you can CK2 to EU4

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Pretty eager for this, really hoping for CK2 quality and not March of the Eagles. Paradox has entertained me a lot more than they have let me down over the years.

Some streams have started on twitch

Last edited:

khorum

Murder Apologist
Sounds like the start date is around the late Diadochoi period, which would make Ptolemaic egypt one of the stronger starts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is out. Gonna fire it up when i get home this evening and see how it goes

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I’m playing Rome as first play through but rethinking it. Lots of game mechanics to get a handle on and sometimes that’s easier with a little one city tribe first.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Bought to fire this bad bitch up now that I'm finally home for the evening.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I’m playing Rome as first play through but rethinking it. Lots of game mechanics to get a handle on and sometimes that’s easier with a little one city tribe first.

Just perusing the menus and choices available with an Egypt start has me feeling the same. That's how I've learned every other Paradox grand strat title, usually I go up to like Ireland or something and putz around. Might go India though. They're super isolated and there's like maybe 10 states/regions there, so makes it an enticing playground for learning the game.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Reading early reviews to this it sounds more like Stellaris launch compared to Eu4 or Ck2 launch. Thoughts on this? It feels worth it waiting a patch or two to see if the game gets a little more variety in gameplay

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It does feel off, there is depth but the more I play it feels superficial and unimpactful. I just don’t get the same sense of building my country up.

In my game now (Ironman) I can pretty much ignore every feature and just build as a big of an army as I can afford and just keep taking over one place at a time. Let agg exp coolndown and rinse and repeat

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My complaints improve somewhat as you get towards mid game. Some of it still just feels too easy. The penalties for culture and religion are quite mild, I'm 200 yrs in and haven't had a revolt yet.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Witcher 3 might be my favorite RPG of all time. I know a lot of their stuff in the past has released buggy, but I remember Crusader Kings 2 being a pretty solid release. I know I was playing it pretty consistently prior to their first DLC. I think they did address some of their DLC policies by releasing bundles of older DLC at reduced prices. That may not be enough for you, and I can understand that, but I've been really happy with my investment in the games they make that I play.

If I recall correctly $65ish got me all the content except unit art/banners, and music. You just have to catch the sale on their website and on steam.