• 3Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Goatface

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no way this movie is worth a shit if even half the leaks about the script are true.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's no way this movie is worth a shit if even half the leaks about the script are true.
this movie has had so many reshoots and been in development for so long, the leaks could all be true and what actually ends up in the theater could be completely different. i think this project started in 2018 or earlier?

• 1Like

Goatface

50% with 8 reviews
1684470590639.png

never knew it was rated so high

1684470828302.png

edit more reviews
1684512424782.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, I’m seeing some scathing reviews. Most of them seem to center around “it doesn’t feel like the proper scope of an Indy” adventure. BBC review said it feels like fanfiction and Phoebe’s character is just constantly patronizing Indy. They also talk about a depressing ending, which makes me think the leak was accurate on how the movie ends

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
50% with 8 reviews
View attachment 474127
never knew it was rated so high

View attachment 474128

edit more reviews
View attachment 474177

Crystal Skull while not a great movie, had Spielberg so it was always going to be watchable at worst. Like yea the fridge thing was dumb, but there was always dumb shit in the movies (the plane scene in Temple of Doom hello?) This new one doesn't have that so if its bad its going to feel real bad cause it wont even feel like an Indy movie.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Ya, I’m seeing some scathing reviews. Most of them seem to center around “it doesn’t feel like the proper scope of an Indy” adventure. BBC review said it feels like fanfiction and Phoebe’s character is just constantly patronizing Indy. They also talk about a depressing ending, which makes me think the leak was accurate on how the movie ends
I've seen reviews with those complaints but I've seen people confirm Doomcock's leak rumors weren't accurate. That might very well be because of the allegedly awful test screenings of the original ending though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Of course it's accurate. Why else would Little Man Mangold go on Twitter to defend the ending that a small nobody content creator simply "made up"?

Big budget AAA directors don't use Twitter to attack small content creators. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It disappoints me because Indians Jones was what helped instill a love of archeology and ancient history in me, so I’ve always cherished that character and the original movies. Crystal Skull was already bleh and this sounds like it will be in the same vein as that

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You'll never convince me there wasn't some period of time where the plan was to kill Indiana and formally pass the reigns complete with a "Anna Jones will return!" closing sequence.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It disappoints me because Indians Jones was what helped instill a love of archeology and ancient history in me, so I’ve always cherished that character and the original movies. Crystal Skull was already bleh and this sounds like it will be in the same vein as that
very much same here, between In Search Of.... and Indy movies, what i most wanted to be when i grew up was an archeologist. i even knew the reality of archeology which is just sitting in a trench sifting dirt all day. it still sounded cool to me. them fucking Indy up like this is much worse to me than them fucking up Star Wars. Star Wars was total fantasy while Indy is based on some small form of reality.

spronk

FPS noob
reviews/RT is worthless nowadays, the only real thing I can say is when the RT is low and userscore is high then its a movie I'd like

1684535459475.png

1684535490897.png

although then you have shit like this, who the fuck is stanning for Kang lol

1684535560297.png

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
reviews/RT is worthless nowadays, the only real thing I can say is when the RT is low and userscore is high then its a movie I'd like

View attachment 474224

View attachment 474225

although then you have shit like this, who the fuck is stanning for Kang lol

View attachment 474226

Fast X is apparently not great, even fans of the series are saying it. It will always be dumb fun entertainment though, but its not like a super entry to the franchise. Don't bother with critics for kids movies, the movies are not made for critical review they are to get kids entertained so the parents can relax for 90 minutes then go to the toy store to by the toy the movie was actually promoting.

The Audience review score is actually useful on there however if its in the thousands of ratings. 90%+ its probably worth seeing in the theater, 80%+ is you will like it if you are a fan of the franchise but it wont be an action masterpiece like uhh John Wick 1. 70%+ you will probably like it if you are a fan of the genre (I use this for Sci-Fi). 60-70 It's probably a slow movie, unless its horror then stay away. under 60, it probably has an unsatisfying ending, and under 50 its a bad movie.

Antman sure was shit though, but the MCU formula sure does work on a lot of people, which is why its sittin there in the low 80's.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

think it is notable when critics don't kiss the mouse's ass. think there is almost 0 chance this stays below fresh and about 80% chance it ends up certified fresh when the disney pocket critics get to chime in

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
think it is notable when critics don't kiss the mouse's ass. think there is almost 0 chance this stays below fresh and about 80% chance it ends up certified fresh when the disney pocket critics get to chime in
Disney doesnt have the same deep pockets it had just a few months ago. they will pay off some but not all their stable shills. this will get interesting. it could just be they want this to tank as an excuse to fire KK. pure hopium, i know.