Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Fucker

Log Wizard
this movie has had so many reshoots and been in development for so long, the leaks could all be true and what actually ends up in the theater could be completely different. i think this project started in 2018 or earlier?
Crystal Skull came out 15 years ago. If you told me it came out in 2018 I would have believed you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
n7jsclcrov0b1.jpg

• 2Rustled
  • 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It does feel like Crystal Skull came out yesterday, for whatever reason. I guess because of the lengthy development for the next movie after Crystal Skull.

The development hell kept the Indiana Jones name ringing every month of the year for years.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty bad sign when all the reviews are saying they wish it was as good as Crystal Skull.

This thing is going to be horrific.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty bad sign when all the reviews are saying they wish it was as good as Crystal Skull.

This thing is going to be horrific.
supposedly this has a 300 million dollar budget. NOT including marketing. so maybe over 400 million with marketing. letting this thing be shown at Canne's was an unbelievable error. its not coming out til July 25. they still havent released the Little Mermaid reviews yet and that comes out next week. Disney is in deep shit. i'm sure KK will sign a new 3 year contract though. no way they fire her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
supposedly this has a 300 million dollar budget. NOT including marketing. so maybe over 400 million with marketing. letting this thing be shown at Canne's was an unbelievable error. its not coming out til July 25. they still havent released the Little Mermaid reviews yet and that comes out next week. Disney is in deep shit. i'm sure KK will sign a new 3 year contract though. no way they fire her.

They could have screened it and held a review embargo up for critics, but chose not to? Or does a review embargo agreement mean each critic has to agree to it to get a screener copy, so in this instance showing it at Canne's means its fair game and no embargo was possible?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They could have screened it and held a review embargo up for critics, but chose not to? Or does a review embargo agreement mean each critic has to agree to it to get a screener copy, so in this instance showing it at Canne's means its fair game and no embargo was possible?
the youtube videos i watch said the embargo was lifted for the Cannes viewing. the only thing i can think of is that what people at Canne's saw was just one version of their final cut. supposedly Disney does something called "storybooking" where they shoot tons of different endings and scenes and then pick the ones that work best. if say thats true and there is a for real final cut coming out in July, it doesnt matter because the bad reviews have already been posted. they arent going to review the movie again and people arent going to just ignore the shit reviews given. this is a big fat mess Disney put themselves in, they could have just waited til opening weekend and got a modest number at the box office. what are they going to do now that everyone already knows this is trash and wont even bother when July rolls around? looks like Disney is just trying to kill itself now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Could also be that they know their target audience. Fill the seats with a woke crowd and then show them the "You stole from indigenous people" scene and they'll give you a 10-minute standing ovation and 10 Star reviews. Then normal people go watch the movie and Rotten Tomatoes suddenly shows a 1% audience score.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Putting aside hatred for Disney, let's take that as a given, one thing that comes out of this is Harrison Ford has no investment in his characters and it's all just the money.

He starred in that travesty of a trilogy and had Han killed off and now it's looking like he's doing the same with Indy. I don't expect him to be a die hard geek but at least have some fucking empathy towards the fans that made you wealthy rather than taking a big shit on their misplaced nostaligic hopium.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Putting aside hatred for Disney, let's take that as a given, one thing that comes out of this is Harrison Ford has no investment in his characters and it's all just the money.

He starred in that travesty of a trilogy and had Han killed off and now it's looking like he's doing the same with Indy. I don't expect him to be a die hard geek but at least have some fucking empathy towards the fans that made you wealthy rather than taking a big shit on their misplaced nostaligic hopium.
his backstory in this is the same as Force Awakens. Broken marriage and estranged relationship with son. KK didnt want Ford to have a happy ever after. or Ford himself for that matter. they wanted both characters butchered and Ford got paid for it. ive said this before, Harrison Ford is not a good guy. he's a fucking asshole, but him being an asshole is what made him perfect as Han Solo and some of his other roles. nobody else could have been Han Solo or the guy in American Graffiti. thats not acting, thats just Ford being himself.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Hell, look at Chris Hemsworth. He started off just fine doing the action hero thing, and I guess the Extraction sequel isn't "supposed" to be Woke... but he really lost my respect when he allowed himself to be used by the Woke Agenda as a sissy male in both the Fem-Nazi Ghostbuster movie, and Thor: Love and Thunder.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He does a pretty good summary of the situation and the last couple pages of this thread.

• 3Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think in most cases torch passing doesn't work. Like, make something new?

They are just talentless so they can't.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hell, look at Chris Hemsworth. He started off just fine doing the action hero thing, and I guess the Extraction sequel isn't "supposed" to be Woke... but he really lost my respect when he allowed himself to be used by the Woke Agenda as a sissy male in both the Fem-Nazi Ghostbuster movie, and Thor: Love and Thunder.
to counter this, hemsworth has mostly stayed away from projects like that. it's entirely possible that when he signed on to ghostbusters it didn't have nearly the same tone as when they started shooting. at some point you just have to go to work and do your job and leave it at that. and with thor love and thunder, i REALLY feel like a TON of the issues became evident in the editing. one of the main complaints of that movie is how the humor didn't work. humor in movies is always a huge question while you're filming it. the crew could be cracking up during filming but none of it transfers to the final project and all the jokes feel flat. then you add the massive tonal shifts from one scene to another and it just leaves a super uncomfortable feeling for the audience.

we were ALL excited for love and thunder because taika was just tossing out gold left and right and so many people loved ragnarok. i always had issues with the tonal shifts between serious mental health issues and silly jokes occupying the exact same moment, but the jokes were good so it at least you laughed despite it being extremely clear that taika didn't take the source material seriously.

so hemsworth being excited (and contractually bound) to just show up and do his job is sort of a foregone conclusion. but he's made it pretty clear that he's done with taika's goofy tone.

• 2Like