Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Mouse and the industry at large has gotten used to billion dollar movies. It's kind of a problem.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
well, if you make a movie that is basically just indiana jones but not about indiana jones, you run the risk of copywright infringement so you have to make it different enough that it starts messing with the formula and could crash and burn. if everyone behind the scenes is the same, except for harrison ford, you run the risk, i suppose either way. if you make a new ip in the same style, people will wonder why you called it something different and just complain that you're a one trick pony. but if you keep it the same name just minus harrison ford, you run the risk of people complaining about replacing an icon, like we're doing now.

honestly the best solution is to just do something else.

Holy shit, this is one of the dumbest posts I've seen in a long time.

Outside of how funny it is that you think Disney has to worry about infringing on its own copyright, it's only the characters themselves that would even apply to. You can't copyright "an archeologist that look for ancient artifacts".

Uncharted and National Treasure movies made a ton of money, probably a lot more than an Indiana Jones movie without Indiana Jones would. I don't know if they called Disney a "one trick pony" for National Treasure, but it wouldn't make any sense and more importantly, who fucking cares? You don't base hundreds of millions of dollars around worrying if someone is going to call you a one trick pony or not.

You have a stroke or something?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well, if you make a movie that is basically just indiana jones but not about indiana jones, you run the risk of copywright infringement so you have to make it different enough that it starts messing with the formula and could crash and burn. if everyone behind the scenes is the same, except for harrison ford, you run the risk, i suppose either way. if you make a new ip in the same style, people will wonder why you called it something different and just complain that you're a one trick pony. but if you keep it the same name just minus harrison ford, you run the risk of people complaining about replacing an icon, like we're doing now.

honestly the best solution is to just do something else.
as has already been said, they already have done knockoffs. there was the Peril's Of Gwendoline, Romancing The Stone, King Solomon's Mine, Tomb Raider and National Treasure. everyone loved those. well most of those. King Solomon's Mine was shitty. Disney has ownership of the IP and therefore there is money to be made whether Jack Sparrow, err Willow, err Indiana Jones is in it or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
tomb raider and uncharted are called indiana jones rip offs, the difference is that lara croft is a girl and nathan drake is a mass murderer. uncharted also bombed. those other movies have some similarities but enough differences that the comparison isn't really ever made outside of contexts like these.

and no, i didn't have a stroke, but i do have a sinus infection so maybe that's it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
tomb raider and uncharted are called indiana jones rip offs, the difference is that lara croft is a girl and nathan drake is a mass murderer. uncharted also bombed. those other movies have some similarities but enough differences that the comparison isn't really ever made outside of contexts like these.

and no, i didn't have a stroke, but i do have a sinus infection so maybe that's it?
who's a mass murderer?
iu

indiana-jones-shooting-indiana-jones-shoot-scene.gif

:p

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Uncharted didn't bomb. It made over $400 million.

And Tomb Raider doesn't count because Lara Croft is a girl? Let your meds do their thing and come back when you're coherent

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you can make the argument that Goonies was also an Indy knockoff. its really a generic genre that basically anyone can make a treasure hunting movie about it. have it be good and stand on its own. you dont have to be Indiana Jones to do that. the main character can be called Tennessee Smith a former Revolutionary War sailor and he's finding buried pirate treasure while also fighting off Muslim Privateers in the Atlantic. it would be fucking awesome because Tennessee hates Muslims for kiling his entire family and so he kills them without mercy as he slays pussy and hauls in the gold. then his ship hits a storm and he ends up shipwrecked on the shores in Colombia where he meets El Dorado a magical gold god. he has his people mine him gold nonstop because it increases his powers. Tennesee must fuck El Dorado's beautiful daughter's poonanny and battle her magical father for their freedom. escaping with as much gold as his damaged ship can carry. anyone wanna watch that movie?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Uncharted didn't bomb. It made over $400 million.

And Tomb Raider doesn't count because Lara Croft is a girl? Let your meds do their thing and come back when you're coherent
i didn't pay attention to the box office, just the word of mouth and reviews of uncharted, and no one liked it. i also wasn't saying that lara croft didn't count because she's a girl, i was saying the opposite. lara croft is literally just a female indiana jones. that is one of the first things anyone ever says about lara croft whenever they are explaining it to someone who hasn't heard of tomb raider.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm just waiting patiently for the Briscoe County Jr feature film

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Indiana Jones 6 “The search for Hunter’s Laptop”

Featuring Sam Bankman

• 1Picard

JTMiscer

Golden Knight of the Realm
Harrison Ford should have had enough respect for the Indiana Jones character to tell them to fuck off when they sent him the script.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think we've learned over the years that the only people who hold respect for these things are the fans.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
i wonder if Ford is paying alimony from that nasty divorce back in the day.

ChosenOne

Golden Knight of the Realm
you can make the argument that Goonies was also an Indy knockoff. its really a generic genre that basically anyone can make a treasure hunting movie about it. have it be good and stand on its own. you dont have to be Indiana Jones to do that. the main character can be called Tennessee Smith a former Revolutionary War sailor and he's finding buried pirate treasure while also fighting off Muslim Privateers in the Atlantic. it would be fucking awesome because Tennessee hates Muslims for kiling his entire family and so he kills them without mercy as he slays pussy and hauls in the gold. then his ship hits a storm and he ends up shipwrecked on the shores in Colombia where he meets El Dorado a magical gold god. he has his people mine him gold nonstop because it increases his powers. Tennesee must fuck El Dorado's beautiful daughter's poonanny and battle her magical father for their freedom. escaping with as much gold as his damaged ship can carry. anyone wanna watch that movie?
1670290537494.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hah, im just fooling around. nobody has done a modern El Dorado movie. when i was a little boy we had a class trip to the american museum of natural history in NYC. they had the exhibit for The Gold Of El Dorado. it was pretty slick. it always sparked my imagination. El Dorado was thought to be a supernatural gold shaman or king. but see i got something from my childhood and pooped out an idea even if it is poop, it was something more creative than this content factory from Disney.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users