Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
How dare you actually watch the film, you monster. This thread is for hate circle jerking.
No, no, we circle jerk at FOH for all moods, not just hate. There is great joy here as well, in seeing Disney fall flat on its face and get dragged along the road for a few blocks.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, no, we circle jerk at FOH for all moods, not just hate. There is great joy here as well, in seeing Disney fall flat on its face and get dragged along the road for a few blocks.
and we will celebrate next with a circle jerk over Barbie, a chick flick pushing Haunted Mansion into the mud. the best one will be when the Marvels mysteriously bombs and then they blame men for not seeing it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
and we will celebrate next with a circle jerk over Barbie, a chick flick pushing Haunted Mansion into the mud. the best one will be when the Marvels mysteriously bombs and then they blame men for not seeing it.
*pats trunk* This baby can hold soooo many racist misogynists!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Best thing I've ever seen at Applebees was a really drunk guy vomiting into the salad bar.

The staff immediately cleared the salad bar area, took out MOST of the stuff that was vomited in/near. They pulled the salad dressings out of the slots, and then wiped down the case, They then put BACK the salad dressings; one of which, the Russian dressing, had some vomit-shrapnel across it. The solution to that dilemma was not to replace the Russian dressing, but just stir the vomit into it so it kind-of disappeared.

Yum!
in my youth worked at a salad bar for almost a year, dressing pots are always nasty. policy was to replace them when low, but way easier just to dump more in, so end up with some freaky looking nastiness in the bottom.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
in my youth worked at a salad bar for almost a year, dressing pots are always nasty. policy was to replace them when low, but way easier just to dump more in, so end up with some freaky looking nastiness in the bottom.
Buffets are a horror show, full stop. Enjoy your shit contaminated food because out of the 10 previous people to handle those tongs, only 50% of them washed their hands after wiping their ass, and some jackasses have defiantly tossed those tongs all the way into the food tray when they were done, multiple times in the last hour.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
What a waste of time and money. Someone should have vetoed the idea of shoving every Indy trope into each act and then adding a cool little twist at the end with absolutely no payoff. I was leery about James Mangold but now he is officially on my director shit list.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Whatever, the quality of Mangold's work on average is better than most directors and he's had some genuine gems (Logan, Ford vs. Ferrari, 3:10 to Yuma). Don't be a victim of the moment.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Buffets are a horror show, full stop. Enjoy your shit contaminated food because out of the 10 previous people to handle those tongs, only 50% of them washed their hands after wiping their ass, and some jackasses have defiantly tossed those tongs all the way into the food tray when they were done, multiple times in the last hour.
Maybe that made us stronger...
Men were men at Beefsteak Charlies. Especially with the enlesss pitchers of beer and wine (even if you were only 16 or 17).

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe that made us stronger...
Men were men at Beefsteak Charlies. Especially with the enlesss pitchers of beer and wine (even if you were only 16 or 17).
germs wasnt shit back in the day. all us kids shared our food and drinks. hell, we used to do that as young adults too. nobody cared. now people put hand wipes on shopping carts because they're afraid of the person who used it before them.

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, but I'm not some luddite who thinks germs are make believe. You would have been one of the doctors who shit on Semmelweis for suggesting they wash their hands.
kids have amazing immune systems and can conquer most shit and be stronger for it. i had a nasty peanut allergy as a kid, but i powered through it because i loved me some PB & J sammiches. i no longer have a peanut allergy. exposing kids to germs does work. i'm not talking about deadly sicknesses. i mean just your average colds we had back in the day. other kids got jealous because you could stay home and watch TV.

Fucker

Log Wizard
And that's why they are vanishing from the planet. Shitty food prepared by meth addicts in places with zero sanitation standards. This is probably why supermarkets no longer offer DIY food service...and they have to deal with pigs grabbing utensils and the like.

I just looked at the review for the last remaining diner buffet in the city. Mostly 1 star reviews. What a shock!

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Best thing I've ever seen at Applebees was a really drunk guy vomiting into the salad bar.

The staff immediately cleared the salad bar area, took out MOST of the stuff that was vomited in/near. They pulled the salad dressings out of the slots, and then wiped down the case, They then put BACK the salad dressings; one of which, the Russian dressing, had some vomit-shrapnel across it. The solution to that dilemma was not to replace the Russian dressing, but just stir the vomit into it so it kind-of disappeared.

Yum!

My favorite moment from the military that had nothing to do with the military happened at Applebee's. It was a no fly/training day so we usually took a long lunch and just called it a day after that, so me and another dude went to Applebee's. Had our food and some guy was at the bar getting drunk. Nothing out of the ordinary. Eventually though he stands up, lets out what I can only describe as a mix of a roar/battle cry, sits back down on his stool for maybe two seconds, then just fucking faceplants on the floor out cold. One of the funniest fuckin things I've ever seen. Of course us being good airmen we basically said "huh, that sucks" and went back to eating our food. Paramedics were there shortly and had to wheel his fat ass out. Oh yeah guess I forgot to mention this guy might have been 6' on a good day but easily north of 300 lbs.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
When I left the theater I asked myself this: In this type of US-made action-adventure movies with a dash of comedy, when was the last time I have seen something as well made as this? Maybe the last good Pirates of the Caribbean so... At World's End in 2007? And even if for some reason you count the Uncharted Games, the 4th one is from 2016. Very enjoyable movie.
lol, quality shitpost right here

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Racism and sexism is why this film is failing, if those Trump supporters just let go of their hatred and embraced the diversity of this film it could succeed.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Just saw the film

Significantly better than Crystal Skull

Overall enjoyable movie. I kept wondering just how the Dial was going to function exactly: does it literally make you time travel, does it just affect the past indirectly, would it turn out to be just a sort of looking glass in time?

Hits all the beats an Indiana film should with the exception of Indy fighting a big guy (for obvious reasons). Really don't get why Skull didnt use the formula to the same degree.

Obviously, because of the reshoots, the ending DOES feel tacked on, but it's more satisfying than what they prob had planned.

Indiana is severely wounded and the Dial is used to transport everyone into the past. Because of miscalculations, they wind up in 213 BC in ancient Rome to the day Archimedes created the Dial. After the bad guy is defeated, Indy says he wants to stay, but his goddaughter knocks him out and brings him back to the present.

Pretty sure original ending has him staying behind (not erasing himself from history as the rumors suggested) to live out his final years getting to experience antiquity since he has nothing to live for in the present.

Ending actually does show his life is still worth living.

What can I say? I'm not thrilled with a lot of what Disney puts out, but this was a fun watch.

high 7/10, not only better than Crystal Skull but better than Episodes 8 and 9

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
the most unbelievable thing in the movie was believing some dude in the 60s would thirst after PWB

Fz-voYaWwAEgKvp.jpg

ah yes, those classic tit-less beauty lines that middle eastern men lust after

or is the joke that she looks like a goat cuz then they nailed it

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users