Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've accepted that Indiana Jones is a trilogy, and as such it's absolutely incredible, and it shall remain forever a trilogy for me.

You know what, I was wondering what to do until Starfield since I finished BG3...rewatching 1 a night this week sounds pretty good. :)

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Chuk is bald?
Are eye-talians even allowed to be bald? I was pretty sure they were left out in the forest for the wolves if they didn't come out of the womb with a full complement of body and head hair.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are eye-talians even allowed to be bald? I was pretty sure they were left out in the forest for the wolves if they didn't come out of the womb with a full complement of body and head hair.
Chuk in his 20s:
2023-08-28 16.51.45 www.google.com 0769a56a2670.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Dumped on to streaming in two months. Major blockbusters used to stay in theaters longer than that before having another long run at the local dollar cinema and they've already cut bait with Indiana Jones.
It's not just failures. A lot of movies are quickly moving to vod, even when still in theaters. That's the changing times. Barbie will be available Sept 5th even though it was the #2 movie with $15M this weekend. That seems so strange to me but they must feel it helps sales or they're just victims of short term thinking.

Cybsled

It's not just failures. A lot of movies are quickly moving to vod, even when still in theaters. That's the changing times. Barbie will be available Sept 5th even though it was the #2 movie with $15M this weekend. That seems so strange to me but they must feel it helps sales or they're just victims of short term thinking.

I'm sure they have all sorts of math behind what drives that. VOD probably has a fairly large initial bump. Indiana Jones only pulled just shy of 700k this past week, which was half of the week before. VOD will probably be close to DVD price (so think 20-25 bucks) and they'll probably rake in millions just from the initial launch. Then it will probably end up on D+ in a couple months.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the past the amount of time for it to matriculate to DVD and cable was absurdly long, now it's incredibly short and the bombs get shoved onto streaming services almost immediately.

If it's worth seeing in theaters people will go, but past that point they want to get all the bucks they can before it gets ripped and posted everywhere.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've accepted that Indiana Jones is a trilogy, and as such it's absolutely incredible, and it shall remain forever a trilogy for me.
The second one wasn't even good either, storywise anyway. It had some decent location shots and effects and that's it.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The second one wasn't even good either, storywise anyway. It had some decent location shots and effects and that's it.
the story was hilariously campy as all Lucasfilms 80s stuff was. its the only movie where i watched it in the theater and then sat and waited to watch it twice. i would have seen it a third time if my mom and her friend hadnt come to pick us kids up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but 1 and 3 were not campy, imo. They were both all around very good movies.

I kinda wanna watch 3 right now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

In the past the amount of time for it to matriculate to DVD and cable was absurdly long, now it's incredibly short and the bombs get shoved onto streaming services almost immediately.

If it's worth seeing in theaters people will go, but past that point they want to get all the bucks they can before it gets ripped and posted everywhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's the best one.

Nah, it was only OK. 1 and 3 were both globetrotting adventure serials that involved mysteries, ancient civilizations and myths with cultural relevance. They teased the audience with hints of things they once read about.

2 was just a plane crash and then shock humor about some made up cult thing. Who cares about some dudes in a jungle? Is the whatever idol or mcguffin something anyone cares about?

My spiritual number 3 is the Atlantis game that came out.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Nah, it was only OK. 1 and 3 were both globetrotting adventure serials that involved mysteries, ancient civilizations and myths with cultural relevance. They teased the audience with hints of things they once read about.

2 was just a plane crash and then shock humor about some made up cult thing. Who cares about some dudes in a jungle? Is the whatever idol or mcguffin something anyone cares about?

My spiritual number 3 is the Atlantis game that came out.
Please keep in mind the Chris has the IQ of a turnip.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Rope bridge.
Minecart chase.
Crushing spikes trap.
Kali-ma.
Monkey brains.

It's just full of iconic stuff.

Do you guys even like Indiana Jones?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
2 had some great moments, but it wasn't a great movie. 1 was a great introduction movie, but once you see it, you are introduced. 3 was just a great movie. There are no other Indiana Jones movies. Much like there is only 1 Highlander movie.

• 2Like

Cybsled

2 was fine as a kid, but it doesn’t hold up as well as an adult.

I do feel like 2 did get some great cultural traction, though. Pretty much any tearing a heart out of a chest always feels like it was inspired by the Mola Ram scene