Interesting, Non Political News

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
haha ya, the kitty hawk flyer originally was much different than what they show now. Same concept just more refined now.

That was all back when they showed the version in the video I linked. I thought about doing it but ended up not doing it.
yeah, thats a fucking stupidly dangerous contraption. as long as you need power to keep from dropping like a stone, there will never be a flying car in our future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thing looks like a death trap and lawsuit magnet with no guards over the props. In there in 2 minutes, oh gee I dunno a boat. And if the engine quits or runs out of gas it just stops, doesn't crash back to earth like a rock. Airplanes can glide with no power, helicopters can autorotate, cars pull to the side of the road. Boats just stop. This thing drops like a rock. Good idea.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys aren't looking at this in a positive light. The human race has been in need of a new Darwin mechanism for a long time.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
You guys aren't looking at this in a positive light. The human race has been in need of a new Darwin mechanism for a long time.

The rise of homosexuality and transfaggotry could be viewed like that from a certain perspective, these are people who are not likely to breed. Maybe they won’t die off, but there is always hope, but they won’t pass their genes off to another generation either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
If that thing or anything similar ever reaches even a modest consumer market every single public venue or place where people congregate in large numbers will need to spend shit tones of money on AA Emplacements. Every wannabe terrorist will dream of strapping a spare gas can on this thing and "piloting" it into a crowd.

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This poor kid

Restrained special-needs student, 10, 'brutally' bitten on school bus while driver did nothing, parents allege

694940094001_6035143847001_6035131368001-vs.jpg

• 3WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

In an NC swamp, researcher finds tree older than Christianity. Could there be more?
Scientists documenting the ages of bald cypress along the Black River in southeastern North Carolina have discovered an ancient tree whose annual growth rings show it to be at least 2,624 years old. That means the cypress was alive centuries before the advent of Christianity, the Roman Empire and the English language. The new research finding released Thursday also means bald cypress ranks fifth among all tree species on Earth for tree longevity. The study says a nearby cypress in the same river swamp is at least 2,088 years old. Scientists believe other, unsampled 2,000-plus-year-old trees exist along the 66-mile-long stream.

The study said the 2,624-year-old tree indicates that bald cypress comes in fifth on the worldwide list of tree species with the oldest individual, sexually reproducing, non-clonal trees. The oldest is a Great Basin bristlecone pine in Nevada dated at 4,900 years, based on a list compiled by Rocky Mountain Tree-Ring Research in Fort Collins, Colo. Stahle said that means only four other tree species on Earth are known to include individual trees capable of living longer than the cypress at Black River.

In South Carolina, Stahle said, the oldest-documented tree is a bald cypress in The Audubon Society’s Francis Beidler Four Holes Swamp that he cored in 1992, now nearing 1,300 years. The research by Stahle and his colleagues has been supported by National Science Foundation grants.

The senescent Black River trees have survived deluges and droughts, hail and hurricanes. They also have escaped logging over the years, likely because many are partly hollow and wouldn’t have made good lumber, Stahle said.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It's more gossip than news, but figured I'd share because it's hard not to like Keanu.

Colbert quickly followed up by asking Reeves what he thinks happens when we die.

The “John Wick” star thought about it for a moment before giving the profound response: “I know that the ones who love us will miss us.”

• 2Mic Drop
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I posted this in weather but not a lot of people go to that section and this deserved a post here. The link came from a news feed. You have to be a special kind of person to purposely place yourself right into the path of a tornado.....on foot. He got the shot and lived but damn that was intense and makes for one of the most impressive in your face tornado videos ever recorded.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think more people would visit the weather thread if we renamed it to "Did Borzak die today?" thread.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

I think more people would visit the weather thread if we renamed it to "Did Borzak die today?" thread.

Thanks, we're due for Tonados tomorrow that just moved thru Dallas earlier. So there's a chance. I've moved on from lightning to tornados. Been within a few feet of a lightning strike 3 times. Once on the tree I was leaning against.

Last edited:
  • 2Like