Orator of Superfluous Nothings
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Volcano errupted in New Zealand. 5 dead many missing so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Art like that is how they launder money. Its a huge scheme.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
$5,500 per body and no mention of what happens to the bones, I hope they have good seals on those rot chambers.
010-human-composting-4.jpg

• 2Like

Gask

Laredo woman found guilty of dissolving child’s remains in acid
I suppose that there's no murder charge because of a lack of evidence due to the condition of the body.
Authorities said Dominguez told police that two of her children were not supervised while they were bathing and that her daughter, Rebecka Zavala, had drowned. Webb County District Attorney Isidro "Chilo" Alaniz said Dominguez and her husband disposed of the body.

Police searched their apartment and found the girl’s remains in a five-gallon container in a bedroom closet, and there appeared to be acid in it, Alaniz said. Authorities began investigating Rebecka’s remains, but it is not yet known if it is ongoing.

Child Protective Services had taken custody of the couple’s four children, ages 1 to 11. In February, Dominguez was sentenced to 10 years in prison for violating the conditions of her probation from a 2016 injury to a child case.

In September 2015, Dominguez’s 9-month-old son sustained six fractures, two to his right arm and two to each leg. She and her husband denied hurting the child, and she pleaded guilty in 2016 and sentenced to 10 years probation.

Since she was charged in the case concerning her deceased daughter during this probation period, she was given 10 years. Her husband and father of the child, Gerardo Zavala-Loredo, 33, is taking a plea deal of 14 years for tampering with evidence of a human corpse, a second degree felony, according to the District Attorney’s Office.
920x920.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Rustled

Borzak

I saw an article about a year ago. I'm not sure what metric they used but in LA it was Exxon for employement and it had just got replaced by the charity hospital system tied in with LSU. That really sounds like a long term plan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Scientists discovered 71 new species in 2019 including goblin spiders, sea slugs and a fish called Wakanda
“Despite decades of tirelessly scouring some of the most familiar and remote places on Earth, biodiversity scientists estimate that more than 90% of nature’s species remain unknown,” Shannon Bennett, PhD, and Academy Chief of Science, said.

In total, 17 fish, 15 geckos, eight flowering plants, six sea slugs, five arachnids, four eels, three ants, three skinks, two skates, two wasps, two mosses, two corals, and two lizards were discovered by scientists across five continents and three oceans. Researchers made the incredible finds by “venturing into Croatian caves, diving to extreme ocean depths, and surveying savanna forests,'' the academy said in a statement.

Among the finds was a bright purple fish dubbed Cirrhilabrus wakanda -- a nod to the Marvel comic and hit movie, Black Panther. The colorful species is found in “Twilight Zone” reefs in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Tanzania, about 260 feet below the surface.
This is the cat-eyed cardinalfish , the Wakanda fish is boring looking but colorful.
2.jpg

• 2Like

Gask

Deep solar minimum on the verge of an historic milestone
So far this year the sun has been blank (i.e., no visible sunspots) for 266 days and, barring any major surprises, it’ll reach 269 days early next week which will be the quietest year in terms of sunspots since 1913 when the sun was spotless for 311 days. The sun remains spotless today and has been so 77% of the time in 2019.

Solar minimum is a normal part of the 11-year sunspot cycle, but the last one and the current one have been far deeper than most. One of the consequences of a solar minimum is a reduction of solar storms and another is the intensification of cosmic rays. The just ended solar cycle 24 turned out to be one of the weakest in more than a century – continuing a weakening trend that began in the 1980’s – and, if the latest forecasts are correct, the next solar cycle will be the weakest in more than 200 years.

One of the natural impacts of decreasing solar activity is the weakening of the ambient solar wind and its magnetic field which, in turn, allows more and more cosmic rays to penetrate the solar system. Cosmic rays are of interest to anyone who flies on airplanes (cancer risk). There are also some studies that suggest cosmic rays promote the formation of clouds in the atmosphere; if so, increasing cosmic rays could affect weather and climate.
One final note of interest, the year 1913 cited earlier for its lack of sunspots on the order of 311 days was a year filled with wild weather extremes including the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth in Death Valley, CA. For more on the extreme weather of 1913 click here. One such article written on March 30, 1913 reported that “recent observations seem to show that glaciers are gradually disappearing all over the world”.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
God damned flu-shot industrial complex is getting out of hand. I've been offered one around 5 times in the past few weeks. Wouldn't be so bad except my doctor already gave me one without warning.

• 2Like