Interesting, Non Political News

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gak

<Gold Donor>
I remember the video, funny that he gets off.
~ ~ ~
Untiyy7tled.jpg

Untih7tled.jpg

Charges dropped against driver who crashed $750G supercar into several vehicles during NYC lockdown

The driver of a $750,000 car who was arrested after crashing into five cars and running a red light as he sped through Manhattan during last April's coronavirus shutdown has had criminal charges against him related to the incident dropped, Road and Track reported.

Benjamin Chen, who has previously been involved with luxury cross-country rally events for supercar owners, had been cited with reckless driving and operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs following the incident, part of which was captured on video.

Chen was behind the wheel of a rare Porsche-based Gemballa Mirage GT, which was heavily damaged.

"The People are moving to dismiss this matter because the case cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt," prosecutors told the New York Criminal Court on Monday.

Charges dropped against driver who crashed $750G supercar into several vehicles during NYC lockdown

• 1WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Sanpped it on the turn. Too slow and too much elevator. Or just some physical loss of something on the plane like losing half an elevator or something.

So that’s like the deadly turn to final or whatever they call it? Going slow, in a bank, the vectors of lift aren’t on your side, then pull back too much, then stall and only way out is nose down and altitude, which they never have at that point?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah a snap is an accelerated stall, it's actually a snap roll but people just call it a snap. Normally high bank angles and pulling elevator to increase turn rate and snap a deadly spin. You see a lot of aerobatic planes enter snaps on purpose. Just appears different from the normal slowing of the airplane and gradully increasing pitch till a plane stalls, IE can't fly any longer. The aerobatic planes will snap while flying and almost instantly recover with their momentum keeping them moving forward while not actually flying and then recover and fly straight with a sudden "snap" 360 degree roll and pitch up and backwards and fly out going the direction they were when they started.

Of course who knows just a guess. Could have lost control of the plane entirely via some mechanical failure.

Last edited:

Cybsled

So more info on this. Apparently shortly after takeoff, the plane had to turn around to come back to the airport. At some point, the plane clipped a power line, which resulted in what we saw. That would explain why the plane didn’t seem to be move ultra fast...was probably getting ready to land, misjudged their altitude in relation to the power lines, and crashed

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I remember the video, funny that he gets off.
~ ~ ~
View attachment 342439
View attachment 342440

The driver of a $750,000 car who was arrested after crashing into five cars and running a red light as he sped through Manhattan during last April's coronavirus shutdown has had criminal charges against him related to the incident dropped, Road and Track reported.

Benjamin Chen, who has previously been involved with luxury cross-country rally events for supercar owners, had been cited with reckless driving and operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs following the incident, part of which was captured on video.

Chen was behind the wheel of a rare Porsche-based Gemballa Mirage GT, which was heavily damaged.

"The People are moving to dismiss this matter because the case cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt," prosecutors told the New York Criminal Court on Monday.

I was wondering how rich I'd have to be in order for me to want to fork out $750 grand for a car and came to the conclusion that I'd be so rich I'd not bother to drive any more and just be chauffeured in a Rolls or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was wondering how rich I'd have to be in order for me to want to fork out $750 grand for a car and came to the conclusion that I'd be so rich I'd not bother to drive any more and just be chauffeured in a Rolls or something.
With a super car it wouldn’t be like driving your Camry to the grocery store though. Driving an average car with balls is fun in itself. Driving around a super car when you’re mega rich and having young hot girls lining up to get rides in it would be your hobby.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That article was pretty pointless.

I know for a FACT that I get great sleep with a fan running in the background that distracts from "sudden" noises because I am a light sleeper. The only long term effect I could potentially see would be long term damage to hearing if the noise is just loud enough.

"While continuously listening to low decibel calming sounds at night doesn't appear to be harmful, there also isn't much science behind how, why -- or even if -- sound machines help sleep."

""It's possible that they could be beneficial for sleep, and it's also plausible that they could be detrimental for sleep," Basner said. "The evidence that we have is inconclusive and very low quality at this point."

""What I tell my patients is, 'I really don't know which is going to be better. Why don't you just try them out to see which is relaxing for you?'"

"Does actively listening to continuous sound all night rob the brain from rest and restoration, or does the constant hum soothe the brain and let it get on with its work? No one knows."

That Article had more "We do not know" in it than we do know. Its an Article written for the sake of being an article rather than actually being informative.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I read it is holding up something like $5 billion in goods per day

• 1Mother of God

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I read it is holding up something like $5 billion in goods per day

Saw some ships are either leaving it or going around to the Panama canal now. I see more backlogs coming. Panama canal about to get busier.

Story now is ship got caught in a sand storm and lost powr. Who knows.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw some ships are either leaving it or going around to the Panama canal now. I see more backlogs coming. Panama canal about to get busier.

Story now is ship got caught in a sand storm and lost powr. Who knows.
Why would they go to the Panama Canal? It’s faster to go around the entire planet than to go south and around Africa? Or are there too many pirates in those routes compared to South America or something?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Why would they go to the Panama Canal? It’s faster to go around the entire planet than to go south and around Africa? Or are there too many pirates in those routes compared to South America or something?

Wondered this myself and the Daily Telegraph seems to think that rerouted ships heading to Europe will head round the Cape of Good Hope. I don't think there's much piracy down in the south of the African continent all that shits up in the Gulf of Aden area.