Interesting, Non Political News

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

tldr he said, yes i drink 2 coffees and ate 2 breakfasts, then later admitted to sharing a meal w/ his wife and said he was "sads"

he was fired, he sued, he lost

anyone who has worked in uppermanagement knows, citibank wasn't trying to be an asshole and watching every penny spent. nope, most likely he was a shit employee and his manager was out to get him, and the easiest way to fire someone is when they break rules/policy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

1697742437673.png

Guy checking for status on the hit-job for his girlfriend like it was a new TV coming from Fedex.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

View attachment 496076

Guy checking for status on the hit-job for his girlfriend like it was a new TV coming from Fedex.
Basically everyone is now super intolerant of anything not Amazon speeds.

I had so many people stare blankly at me during Covid when I had to explain what a backorder is. Then when they finally relented and wanted a firm date, I had to explain the longshoreman strike. Then when they finally calmed down after that I had to explain the semiconductor shortage. Then when they calmed down from that I had to explain shipping costs and inflation pricing impacting budgets every month that passed.

It was like everyone forgot what the fuck was actually happening to make everything overseas and ship it across ocean(s).

Imagine the bewilderment when I had to explain what intermodal trains were and why they couldn't get their shipment today despite the fact that the 2 mile long train was in the city already. It's right there!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have you guys heard about this?

I went to one of these about 10 years ago at Comic Con. It was pretty decent. It was just in my city but didnt have time to go. Also was more than I wanted to pay for tickets considering the effort to get into the city.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
the last line in this retarded clickbait article is hilarious
"Lastly, number five - we're here to look at your vaginas. We do not care about your feet.
Putting aside the context of the article, were truer words ever spoken?

Occasionally in clown world, one can find gems of Universal Truth hidden among the garbage.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The robotic arm, confusing the man for a box of vegetables, grabbed him and pushed his body against the conveyer belt, crushing his face and chest, South Korean news agency Yonhap said. He was sent to hospital but later died. According to Yonhap, the robot was responsible for lifting boxes of peppers and transferring them onto pallets.

The man had been checking the robot's sensor operations ahead of its test run at the pepper sorting plant in South Gyeongsang province, scheduled for 8 November, the agency adds, quoting police. The test had originally been planned for 6 November, but was pushed back by two days due to problems with the robot's sensor.
Well I'm glad the logs clearly identified the problem was IDing a person as a box of vegetables.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is on my list of "nope.jpeg" activities.

Also, of all the caves with cool names to die in, and you die in nutty putty cave.

• 3Rustled
  • 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This is on my list of "nope.jpeg" activities.

Also, of all the caves with cool names to die in, and you die in nutty putty cave.

That gives me the heeby-jeebies just looking at that.
Fuck no and why, why would you put yourself in that position?

Season 3 No GIF by HULU

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That gives me the heeby-jeebies just looking at that.
Fuck no and why, why would you put yourself in that position?

Season 3 No GIF by HULU
Because if you keep going maybe you'll find... I dunno dirt or something.

I got nothing, that whole thing seems pointless when we have drones and cameras.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

He basically thought it was a different part of the cave, but it wasn't and he got stuck in a literal deadend.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I was watching this documentary about these early pre-homo sapien ancestors that had a burial cave and it was significant because it was one of the few potential pieces of evidence of religious belief in another hominid species

Anyways, there was this one part where the cave drops down vertically and it is pretty narrow. One of the anthropologists wants to visit the cave with the skeletons and wall markings, but he was a little less lean than the other people there. He gets temporarily wedged in the passage until they can get him past it, but watching it all I could think of was the Nutty Putty Cave incident