Interesting, Non Political News

Borzak

<Bronze Donator>
29,554
40,115
Same with naptha (lighter fluid). 50 years ago it was a pretty common thing people had handy.
 

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,071
15,558
Isn't part of the risk there though is you want to avoid the tick "vomiting" before it gets pulled out?
 

Janx

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
8,762
26,935
A triple baconator a day prevents dementia by killing you at 45
Starship Troopers GIF
 
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
12,400
30,861

This is a good point. Its amazing how many people are taking unproven probiotic supplements while not taking fiber.

Nobody gets anywhere near enough fiber from diet alone. Not even close. Its cheap, proven, essential, and comes in a tasty orange drink. And everybody wrongly treats it like its something for old people.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,071
15,558
I know some people shy away from it because they add sugar (or artificial sweetener in the sugar free version which IMO is worse than sugar), but you can literally just buy psyllium husk straight up if that is a concern.

Chia seeds are also another great option - they're really easy to add to your breakfast cereal or oatmeal or yogurt and they're really high in fiber.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Vyemm Raider
1,213
3,451

This is a good point. Its amazing how many people are taking unproven probiotic supplements while not taking fiber.

Nobody gets anywhere near enough fiber from diet alone. Not even close. Its cheap, proven, essential, and comes in a tasty orange drink. And everybody wrongly treats it like its something for old people.
Metamucil is awesome. I've been taking it for about a year or two, and you've never truly lived until you shit out a massive log and didnt even have to wipe its so clean. Religious experience, really.
 
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
6,088
16,610
I took the advice and have been on the fiber train for months now. I cannot stop farting. It is constant, every day. It did at least result in those clean poops, but since I was told to take iron supplements as well, that’s fucked it all up. Poops aren’t clean anymore and are apparently dense or heavy enough that sometimes the flush just won’t take them. It’s annoying.
 

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
78,409
184,507
I took the advice and have been on the fiber train for months now. I cannot stop farting. It is constant, every day. It did at least result in those clean poops, but since I was told to take iron supplements as well, that’s fucked it all up. Poops aren’t clean anymore and are apparently dense or heavy enough that sometimes the flush just won’t take them. It’s annoying.
my wife does a blend of metamucil and citrucel, metamucil is the psyllium husk and citruel is Methylcellulose, maybe try a scoop or 2 of citrucel