Interstellar (2014)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
as each new clip and trailer is released it's becoming clear that that leaked script from 2008 has, for the most part, remained intact.

which is good because, purely on the visual imagery alone, that script is fucking epic.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
as each new clip and trailer is released it's becoming clear that that leaked script from 2008 has, for the most part, remained intact.
Yeah, the only real question is one that's familiar to watchers of brother Jonathan's TV show Person of Interest...

Namely, how much of the AIs were left in. Ithinkfrom the number of humans we see on the shuttle that some AI parts have switched to humans; that bundle of beams may be the only AI character. You don't lose too much cutting out that subplot though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You see a shot of Tars with them on the shuttle (it's that weird box shaped thing that begins to stand up/transform, has TARS printed on it) and thus I assume the rest of the AIs will be present. Also they haven't really shown too much of act 2 or 3. The first trailer was all act 1 and even this new trailer is just barely in to act 2 with them landing on the ice planet. a lot of those AIs come in to play later on.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just not even sure what to think anymore but the day I can walk into the local IMAX and watch this movie can't seemingly come fast enough.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
You see a shot of Tars with them on the shuttle (it's that weird box shaped thing that begins to stand up/transform, has TARS printed on it) and thus I assume the rest of the AIs will be present. Also they haven't really shown too much of act 2 or 3. The first trailer was all act 1 and even this new trailer is just barely in to act 2 with them landing on the ice planet. a lot of those AIs come in to play later on.
I thought TARS was the only really significant one anyway, unless you're talking about the Chinese shit or the robot technoheaven outside of space/time.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Just not even sure what to think anymore but the day I can walk into the local IMAX and watch this movie can't seemingly come fast enough.
Yes, I will be there Thursday night. If I could take a wormhole to any place or point in time, it would be to the release date of this movie. And as much as I enjoyed Gravity, I think this will shit all over it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Damn they seriously need a rockstar agency to manage the expectations for this... it can get waaay overhyped or just fizzle out without enough promotion.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's too bad I have to temper my expectations so much because sci-fi has been on a downward streak for awhile now. I mean Trek reboot wasn't awful, but the show is gone. Prometheus was garbage... in general there's a lot of shitty rehashing (not that it's unique to this genre). The entire Avatar 'ermagerd sci fi is so coooool' craze...

So I'm just going to assume it will suck ass and hopefully be blown away.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'd like to see a program based around the potential devolution of human understanding after a generation ship reaches its destination. It likely would not be utopian. And the show should have an ending mapped out before they launch. It shouldn't meander into a slow death of /yawn. Pick up the story a few decades or centuries later if it's successful. Hell, go out with a fucking war to leave people wanting more.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd like to see a program based around the potential devolution of human understanding after a generation ship reaches its destination. It likely would not be utopian. And the show should have an ending mapped out before they launch. It shouldn't meander into a slow death of /yawn. Pick up the story a few decades or centuries later if it's successful. Hell, go out with a fucking war to leave people wanting more.
Something based around the Trigun premise would make a pretty compelling show. Humanity leaves earth, crash lands on distant desert planet. Terraforming technology is the only way for them to survive and function as a society except only a few people know how to work the technology and they all die off rather quickly. Chaos and the devolution of humanity ensues.

spronk

FPS noob
galaxy of the guardians shows the new interstellar trailer, at least in 3d/imax. i am tempering my expectations, it really looks like the first half of the movie is gonna deal with "THE EARTH SUCKS, YO" and that should be a 15 minute setup, not 60 minutes. but still, day 1 for me - in fact I think this is the only other movie I will probably go to a theater for this year, barring free previews.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
galaxy of the guardians shows the new interstellar trailer, at least in 3d/imax. i am tempering my expectations, it really looks like the first half of the movie is gonna deal with "THE EARTH SUCKS, YO" and that should be a 15 minute setup, not 60 minutes. but still, day 1 for me - in fact I think this is the only other movie I will probably go to a theater for this year, barring free previews.
I just got back from Guardians, it wasn't in mine.
frown.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm just saying, even if they spend 60 minutes on Earth there's still a shitload of movie left if this thing is as long as people say it is.