Interstellar (2014)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just got back from this, was pretty awesome to me. I give it a 9/10 since i didnt even notice the length while watching it. However it had a few predictable parts, but the woman was all watery eyed every time older murph sent a transmission. If anything id have wanted another 3mins to see what happened "after" the end? I'd give it a 10 if it wasnt predictable, but the visuals were amazing.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Best part of the movie was when Matthew McConaughey's character realizes a female Tanoomba is teaching his daughter and he looks like his head is about to explode.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The movie was a pretty big emotional roller coaster and I'll credit it for keeping me engaged for 3 hours on that level. I also thought thepremisespecifically was fine, but I just can't get behind the execution. Corny family setup that lasts 3% of the movie. Anne Hathaway's random rant on love (at this point I thought they were going to actually tell us that LOVE transcends and that was going to be the whole point of the movie. Thank god that didn't happen). Incredibly predictable bad guy Matt Damon. Cliche good guy sacrifice. And then the sugar coated happy ending. The plot was kind of a mess in this one and the only thing that really allowed you to forget about all that was McConaughey's characterconstantlypulling at your heartstrings. And to be honest, from a visual effects perspective, Gravity was way better. I don't want to call the effects in this bad, they certainly weren't and it sounds like they went a long ways to put as much science behind them as possible. It just wasn't as visually stunning. All that said, I enjoyed it. Can't really see myself watching it again though. I'd rather watch Contact.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I just saw it and I enjoyed it, I don't think many people will see it a second time in theaters though so I think box office will be low for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Good movie. 8.5/10. Robots ruled. Science highly dubious in a lot of places, but that's big money Sci-Fi for you.

spronk

FPS noob
ugh, just came back and was very disappointed. Have avoided all articles, threads, trailers, etc so I can go in unspoiled, and left the theater wondering what the fuck I just watched. Felt like a shithead version of 2001 mashed with Prometheus and Elysium. Some really, really, really interesting starting concepts that got utterly botched and retarded up by Nolan. All the science slowly got swapped out with new age hippie bullshit.

Nolan's fallen off his pedestal for me, Batman: Bane was bad and this was even worse.

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess I'll wait on this then. I heard it was near 3 hours long and with my back issues and the shitty seats at our Regal theaters it is hard for me to even make 2 hour movies tolerable.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Guess I'll wait on this then. I heard it was near 3 hours long and with my back issues and the shitty seats at our Regal theaters it is hard for me to even make 2 hour movies tolerable.
Watch 2001: A Space Odyssey instead. It's what Nolan was shooting for, except Kubrick is a legend and Nolan is a hack.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So no one decided to go pickup Brandt? Or is the reason "time dilation"?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
So no one decided to go pickup Brandt? Or is the reason "time dilation"?
If you're talking about Anne's boyfriend, they showed her burying him. Edit: and if you talking about ann herself, i think that's where rust was headed during the end montage.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I think that with Nolan movies people tend to rate them mostly in comparison to other Nolan movies, and not on a normal scale. I mean, in comparison to other films I have seen this year (or the past several years), this was pretty amazing. Of course if you are always comparing everything to The Dark Knight or classics from yesteryear you might be a bit disappointed, but I'd take Sci Fi like this any day over the typical stuff Hollywood pumps out, and so would you.

Nolan is pretty damn masterful in my book.

The moment you find out the guy was waiting on the ship for 23 years for them to come back...my heart sank. I just wanted to hug the dude.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
^^ Thats how i felt when his daughter sent him that transmission. Id say besides Cap America this was by far my favorite movie this year.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
i'd give it an 8/10, but only because i've read the original script written by his brother and constantly compared the film to it. If i hadn't read the script i'd probably give it a 9/10.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Probably the best movie I saw so far this year. Whomever was comparing the effects of this movie to Gravity and found it lacking needs their heads checked. This looked far more realistic despite exploring more into science fiction elements. This is definitely masterful storytelling and Nolan hit the high points numerous times. For those who think the family scenes were not needed don't understand emotional build up and it definitely added another element to the movie that helped it overall.

I was starting to cringe in multiple parts like what happened....
inside the black-hole
but the whole movie was building up to it and Nolan gave a decent explanation to it using a realm of science we haven't fully disproven or proven yet. A great job on the science (for Hollywood movies especially) for a science fiction movie. Very few blatant errors and mostly used wiggle-room on the unknown by involving higher dimensions.

Compared to other movies that have recently come out like Lucy this was actually great.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What was the original script/plot? And that scene with Hathaway talking about love was terribad as mentioned, big wtf on the dialogue there.

On a hilarious note there was a quadriplegic in the theater I went to that had a breathing machine on her wheelchair. Was kinda loud so it made the quite scenes in spacesuits rather lulzy.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was amused when they popped open a Matt Damon and im like....oh hes in this? then he turns out to be a bitch!

However as much as i loved the movie, its really not the type to watch twice.