Interstellar (2014)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Probably the same person, same shit taste in sci-fi anyways, which he even gets the movie wrong

TheB9.com - B9board View topic - Alien 3 is better than the first two Alien movies. Agree?

by bluegreenmisery ? Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 pm

It has android Winona Ryder and it's much more thrilling than the previous two movies.

edit. Yea same person, crying about the use of exposition in Inception
It was a joke post unlike your stupid-ass statements about "Oscar bait" movies.

Juvarisx

Florida
It was a joke post unlike your stupid-ass statements about "Oscar bait" movies.

Postby bluegreenmisery ? Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am
You guys are right about android Ryder being in Alien Resurrection.

I meant to say that Alien Resurrection is better than the previous 3 movies.

463.jpg

I guess????? Fuck if anyone knows, I did like why someone asked why you were not banned yet in that thread, seems you have that shit reputation no matter where you go. Fuck if it matters anyways I am arguing with someone who loved John Carter.

And yes excuse me for not being totally thrilled about those two movies outside the acting

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Instead of immediately resorting to "quit crying about such and such" when someone presents legitimate criticisms, why don't you tell us what you liked about Interstellar?

Juvarisx

Florida
Instead of immediately resorting to "quit crying about such and such" when someone presents legitimate criticisms, why don't you tell us what you liked about Interstellar?
Except I haven't said that at all, I have said that trolling a movie thread is fucking old. Keg did it with Xmen, etchezz is doing it here, it serves no purpose other then to farm negs. No I do not understand your taste in movies and personally I think its shit, but its not like I rail on and on in a thread for a movie I hate calling everyone who likes it fucking retarded.

Do I think this was a great Sci-Fi movie? Yep. Do I think its an instant classic? Nope. Do people on an MMO board generally like and give more leeway to comic book movies and sci fi movies, and while appreciating something like Dallas Buyers Club maybe not enjoy it as much or the same way they would Guardians of the Galaxy? 100% absolutely.

By the way since you asked....

MM did some pretty solid acting
Acting outside of him was fine to good outside Anne Hathaway
They presented and used proven scientific concept ACCURATELY (Relativity, Gravity, Tidal Forces, Curvature of Space)
They had the balls to preset real theoretical astrophysics in an mainstream movie which is to its credit
The homages to 2001 were a nice touch while being original in its own right
The space scenes were absolutely beautiful particularly on an 80 ft imax
The robots were unique and TARS was awesome (and funny which I did not expect)
Its pacing was excellent, it did not feel like a 3 hour movie
Its a genre I happen to enjoy which will help ANYONE enjoy anything more

Theres plenty more, but you get the idea

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Just saw this. 9/10. It's like a reverse 2001 where the story drags ass throughout the first half and then picks up during the second. Probably the most visually stunning movie I've ever seen. Got teary eyed several times

negative points -

-Love speech. "OH SHIT ITS A GIANT WAVE BETTER STAND HERE AND STARE AT IT" and Why did the one robot blow up? no explanation.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I think Mann rigged it to blow if anyone pulled up the archives. Since it had to be incriminating and that's what Romilly was pulling up.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Considering the worm hole was, presumably, placed there by us itcouldhave taken them to much, much nicer locales. I guess our future selves had their humor level set to 100%.
Perhaps the commentary is that the rare earth scenario is true and nothing in the universe is as habitable for us as earth.

Or perhaps they are descendants of brandt's colony and their evolution to the point of 4th/5th dimensional creatures requires the immense xray radiation from living on a planet orbiting a massive blackhole. In addition to the knowledge gained from being able to study the phenomenon due to proximity.

So they will only come to be if they open up the wormhole to that particular system. Planet is far enough away to survive the radiation and not get sucked into the blackhole, but close enough that they can benefit from it.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I took all the habitable planets as being red herrings. It was the black hole all along that they were meant to find. The fact that future humans can only communicate with temporal anomalies and gravity is a good excuse for everything being so cryptic.

Loco_sl

shitlord
I feel like this is a good movie to watch or recommend, but I can't help but feel that this moviecould havebeen one of the best movies ever made.

The acting was great. Visuals top notch. Black hole and wormhole were done like many space lovers have always wanted, etc.

If they had cleaned up the script and worked on the volume leveling - it would have pushed this movie into epic fucking awesomeness.

Instead, we're dealing with bullshit like:

- Weird, abrupt handling of leaving Earth.
- What seemed like impossible time dilation.
- A few out of place speeches and unrealistic character progression.
- Black holes where you transcend into playgrounds of higher-dimensional beings, instead of uh... getting ripped apart and condensed into infinitesimally small bits. You wouldn't survive and you sure as shit wouldn't make it back out. I understand that we can't know what happens in a black hole, but I'm pretty sure it's not this. You can't just insert some bullshit deus ex machina and make it work.
- Dumb, convenient ending.

I could go on and on, but it's just not worth it.

TLDR version; could have been the perfect sci fi movie. They fucked up the script.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The time travel shit was almost as freaky as the ending of2001: A Space Odyssey, and was probably meant to be some sort of homage. It looked awesome, but made no fucking sense.

The robots- Their humour and roll in the film were awesome, but the model?A big box?I don't know. The interrogation scene where the first robot tries to play a tough guy, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But hey, at least it wasn't a C3PO. I guess I should give him credit for trying something new.

Matt Damon's betrayal I saw coming a fucking mile away. I think they could have done that more subtly, but that might have drawn out the film even more.

But in spite of all above, I don't regret seeing it. Was worth it.
rrr_img_82047.jpg

I feel like this is a good movie to watch or recommend, but I can't help but feel that this moviecould havebeen one of the best movies ever made.

The acting was great. Visuals top notch. Black hole and wormhole were done like many space lovers have always wanted, etc.

If they had cleaned up the script and worked on the volume leveling - it would have pushed this movie into epic fucking awesomeness.

Instead, we're dealing with bullshit like:

- Weird, abrupt handling of leaving Earth.
- What seemed like impossible time dilation.
- A few out of place speeches and unrealistic character progression.
- Black holes where you transcend into playgrounds of higher-dimensional beings, instead of uh... getting ripped apart and condensed into infinitesimally small bits. You wouldn't survive and you sure as shit wouldn't make it back out. I understand that we can't know what happens in a black hole, but I'm pretty sure it's not this. You can't just insert some bullshit deus ex machina and make it work.
- Dumb, convenient ending.

I could go on and on, but it's just not worth it.

TLDR version; could have been the perfect sci fi movie. They fucked up the script.
I thought the transcendend kinda backdoored on the black holes space-time rift which just happened to end near Saturn. Thats when MM finally falls through (yes i know would get ripped apart, but its a movie) he would actually emerge somewhere near the Saturn whormhole, where they picked him up. Could need elaboration, but hey they cut so much of last 3rd of this movie to meet the 3hr mark.

Plus MM knows he needs to go back to Anne Hathaway to help build her colony because thats when the earth people can finally push through and settle there to eventually become the Transcended. Plus hes the only one to know about it since no message could went back to earth throughout the movie.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I took all the habitable planets as being red herrings. It was the black hole all along that they were meant to find. The fact that future humans can only communicate with temporal anomalies and gravity is a good excuse for everything being so cryptic.
Except
Brandt's chilling with her helmet off on her planet and there was vegetation on it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Except
Brandt's chilling with her helmet off on her planet and there was vegetation on it.
I agree with Awanka. The whole point of the worm hole was to get current time humans into the black hole. The fact that we saw it as some peaceful, life saving gesture was just conjecture from people based on their shitty circumstances on Earth. Brandt finding a habitable planet didn't matter.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I agree with Awanka. The whole point of the worm hole was to get current time humans into the black hole. The fact that we saw it as some peaceful, life saving gesture was just conjecture from people based on their shitty circumstances on Earth. Brandt finding a habitable planet didn't matter.
If she hadn't found that planet there would be no Plan B. There would be no future generations. There would be no Tesseract. So that planet did, indeed, matter.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If she hadn't found that planet there would be no Plan B. There would be no future generations. There would be no Tesseract. So that planet did, indeed, matter.
Time is a flat circle, man.

I'm not saying you aren't correct. I too picked up on the idea that the tessearct builders were future humans but that's completely based on Matt speaking about a feeling or whatever. Could those builders not just as easly end up being the ancestors of plan A?

Edit: Because the easiest explanation is that the humans near the black hole were the ones to discover its purpose. Yeah, that makes sense.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder how many people watching the movie thougt it was a Marvel tie in when they heard the word Tesseract.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also not sure if this has been mentioned, but one of the current theories (not the most popular) is that black holes are actually the formations of stars in other universes. Not sure if that plays any part in the plot of this movie really, but something to think about.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also not sure if this has been mentioned, but one of the current theories (not the most popular) is that black holes are actually the formations of stars in other universes. Not sure if that plays any part in the plot of this movie really, but something to think about.
That doesn't even make sense. Black holes are the result of a massive star collapsing upon itself. It's not like they're some mystical object with no known origins. Another reason why the movie is dumb. Nothing is going to fall into a black hole and end up behind a bookshelf.