Interstellar (2014)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
There's also theories that if the black hole is a rotating black hole, you can actually escape it however odd that may sound. The point though is again nobody knows what happens beyond the event horizon as nothing escapes sans theoretical Hawking radiation.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That doesn't even make sense. Black holes are the result of a massive star collapsing upon itself. It's not like they're some mystical object with no known origins. Another reason why the movie is dumb. Nothing is going to fall into a black hole and end up behind a bookshelf.
Every Black Hole Contains Another Universe?

Though, like I said, it has very little to do with Interstellar's plot. Unless there's some directors cut. Then maybe it does!

khorum

Murder Apologist
SUSY vs multiverse is hardly settled, but that's an entertaining theory. Brandt's monologue about 5th dimensional beings being able to perceive time as canyons and mountains was a huge geekout for me.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed this movie. When it got too much into story it lost its tracks with how dopey it was at times, and the main guy suffered from too much batman mouth syndrome, but the movie otherwise was A+. It was extremely enjoyable in a lot of ways, and delivered in both excellent pacing, tense scenes and good characters/developement.

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
Watched it last night. B-

Only in an american movie you survive a black hole, get rescued by 5 dimensional aliens, get back just in time to see your daughter on her death bed before going off to hook up with the girl whose boyfriend conveniently died.
There was some cool stuff with Mann and 2001/RAMA easter eggs... But dont use more than two braincells while watching it,
A+ visuals, F plot, so it probably gets close to that B-

I love my kids ! o secret nasa base/project, i'm in ! i love my kids, 1.3G takeoff with a mini jet ! did i tell you i love my kids ? love transcends space & time, btw i love my kids

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a fan of Nolan's work (minus TDKR) and I really liked the movie. Seen it in some theater and it was mesmerizing.

I do understand some people critics about the film, like future humanity has evolved so much they can place wormholes and do 5 dimension stuff, but can't communicate clearly with nowadays humanity. To me it was all about "there is no plan A", and how we deal with hope. I think it's a film about hope. Bonus :http://i.imgur.com/aj6VTTu.jpg

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just seen this and, as a lifelong space nut who really likes Nolan and virtually everything he's done, I have to say I thought this was pretty poor.

I thought it was very slow, the story was obvious, the ending very contrived and irritating, the sounds score didn't blend with the action well for me and some of the science was just retarded.

Some of the acting was very good, the visuals were well done overall and the AI machines were top notch, other than that bleh, not even worth a torrent for me.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just saw this in a 70-foot 70mm 4k Imax. Blew me away. I enjoyed this more than probably any Sci Fi movie I've seen since the first Matrix. I hope it does well enough at the box office that we see a sci-fi renaissance in Hollywood. And good scifi like this, or Sunshine, not crap like Prometheus or After Earth.

I'll have to watch it again but there's a good chance this ends up being my favorite Nolan film. It was like the best parts of 2001, Contact, and Sunshine pieced together with a fairly emotionally gripping story. As a parent of a young child it definitely tugged at my heart strings, especially the "parents exist to be memories for their children". That one really got me.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's rare to feel that a movie was madefor me.But this hit all the right chords. This may go down as being my favorite movie of all time.
I said this to my girl as I left!

Loved it up until

He met his daughter. You whine bitch and moan all movie about your kids. You finally get to see your daughter one last time, and that lasts 30 seconds and you bail?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm a fan of Nolan's work (minus TDKR) and I really liked the movie. Seen it in some theater and it was mesmerizing.

I do understand some people critics about the film, like future humanity has evolved so much they can place wormholes and do 5 dimension stuff, but can't communicate clearly with nowadays humanity. To me it was all about "there is no plan A", and how we deal with hope. I think it's a film about hope. Bonus :http://i.imgur.com/aj6VTTu.jpg
I think they don't communicate clearly because the future humans cannot jeopardize the future with direct contact. The wormhole is placed out by Saturn to ensure it's not stumbled upon by young humanity. Everything was done to create an opportunity in the past to save more humans without letting them know definitively that future humans were manipulating events.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
He met his daughter. You whine bitch and moan all movie about your kids. You finally get to see your daughter one last time, and that lasts 30 seconds and you bail?
The daughter had a point, though.
No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I kind of agree. The 2 most disconcerting things about the movie for me:

The shift from struggling Okie farmer to "Hey! Why don't you pilot this spaceship?"

At the end, he comes back after like a century completely unchanged, breaking the rules of space and time, basically the savior of humanity, and noone seems to give a shit. They treat him like he's some cousin they lost touch with showing up again to a family reunion. I think it would warrant a few news crews IDK. Maybe people are much more unaffected in the future.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I kind of agree. The 2 most disconcerting things about the movie for me:

The shift from struggling Okie farmer to "Hey! Why don't you pilot this spaceship?"

At the end, he comes back after like a century completely unchanged, breaking the rules of space and time, basically the savior of humanity, and noone seems to give a shit. They treat him like he's some cousin they lost touch with showing up again to a family reunion. I think it would warrant a few news crews IDK. Maybe people are much more unaffected in the future.
I agree very much with your points
The pilot thing made no sense. Before he showed up, who was going to be the pilot? Are you seriously telling me that they didn't have a pilot before that, that they were just randomly waiting for him to show up? It felt like they skipped a scene or something to justify it.

His waking up in the hospital was weird. When they said something like "your daughter is the hero, not you!" I thought, um, at a minimum they both are. But this idea that no one really cared about him was ridiculous.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
the movie was very specific here. His daughter tried explaining to everyone that she got the answers to the gravity problem from her father who was a ghost behind her bookshelf when she was 10 because he was able to travel through time and relay messages to her that she just got and decoded when she was in her 30s via a timex wristwatch and that's the reason why she was able to solve the problem that brand sr and others had been working on for their entire lives, except nobody believed her story!

Yeah no shit, if she hadn't figured out the solution they would of put her in the nut house and humanity would of wasted away on Earth. It's only because she saved all of humanity that anyone pretends that Rusty is her dad. They are probably thinking he's just some guy and in her senility she thinks he's her dad returned and they built a farmhouse for the guy because fuck it, she is the savior of all life on earth.

Of all the problems with the film this isn't one of them

khalid

Unelected Mod
Even if he had zero connection to any current human alive, imagine the media celebration over finding an astronaut long since thought dead floating in space. It would be the greatest media circus ever. I'm sorry, but it was just weird that they kinda were like "oh, long lost astronaut found randomly in space, cool I guess shrug".

I really liked the movie though. Just had a few weird moments to me.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
If you like Chris Nolan movies, particularly Inception etc... you will definitely enjoy this movie.

Most satisfying part is Matt Damon cameo, turning out to be a little bitch, just like I'd expect.

spronk

FPS noob
^ haha

and can we finally drop the spoiler tags, if you haven't seen the fucking movie yet don't come into this thread

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
the movie was very specific here. His daughter tried explaining to everyone that she got the answers to the gravity problem from her father who was a ghost behind her bookshelf when she was 10 because he was able to travel through time and relay messages to her that she just got and decoded when she was in her 30s via a timex wristwatch and that's the reason why she was able to solve the problem that brand sr and others had been working on for their entire lives, except nobody believed her story!

Yeah no shit, if she hadn't figured out the solution they would of put her in the nut house and humanity would of wasted away on Earth. It's only because she saved all of humanity that anyone pretends that Rusty is her dad. They are probably thinking he's just some guy and in her senility she thinks he's her dad returned and they built a farmhouse for the guy because fuck it, she is the savior of all life on earth.

Of all the problems with the film this isn't one of them
Oh wow, WHOOSH! You completely missed the point there. He's a pilot of a spaceship for a dangerous expedition, long thought dead, who for many reasons should be dead, who has returned completely unaged, back from a wormhole, and noone seems to care. The fact that he's credited by his daughter for saving everyone is just the topping on the cake.