Into the Badlands

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Agreed, first episode was a nice jumpstart back into the season and it looks like the wire-work and production values have been upped a bit too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Looks good. I'm curious about the Compass, though. The new army was using it and it was bringing them to the Badlands. I wonder if that tower signal triggered the compass somehow and they're actually from Azra?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn thought this started next week on demand of this Friday night I guess.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well this just got cancelled. Thanks AMC. You probably wanted the time slot for another TWD spin off. Unfortunately I don't think there will be enough fan uproar to save this, which is a shame.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
it got cancelled BUT it will get a final 8 episodes starting March 24th, dunno if they will wrap up the show or not but hopefully they do. I binged it recently and really enjoyed it, its goofy but the leads are all great, the Baron is fantastic, and I like the setting although I wish they'd lean more into post apoc, it never really felt "real" in any way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Only watched season 1. Thought it was decent but not great. Might need to watch the rest of it at some point.

Cybsled

The final 8 shows debut in March, so unless the showmakers had forewarning, I suspect it will be a bootleg ending that doesn't wrap up things in a satisfactory fashion.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What a shame. For a short while this was my favorite Sunday night series. Really excellent action choreography. I don't get why this wasn't more popular.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
For a tv show the action choreography really is top notch, even beating out some movies. Hopefully the cancellation won't deter other studios from trying shit like this.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The world was really jarring and weird, required a lot of suspension of disbelief.
In a world where you have motorcycles, the best assassins fight with swords ? Get the fuck out of here.
They have electricity, but no sniper rifles ?

You must go full post-apocalyptic or full SF, there is no such thing as a half-way apocalypse.

Maybe I remember it wrong, but from the first few episodes that I watched, I found this dissonance to be the main factor in quiting the show, for me.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Every time I see this thread, I keep thinking that it's for The Magicians. The picture is "close enough". Same color scheme and overall shape in a vague way.

Cybsled

The world was really jarring and weird, required a lot of suspension of disbelief.
In a world where you have motorcycles, the best assassins fight with swords ? Get the fuck out of here.
They have electricity, but no sniper rifles ?

You must go full post-apocalyptic or full SF, there is no such thing as a half-way apocalypse.

Maybe I remember it wrong, but from the first few episodes that I watched, I found this dissonance to be the main factor in quiting the show, for me.

Knowledge could be lost. Granted gunpowder was adopted faster than any other tech in the history of mankind, but if your society was insulated enough and no one remembered how to make it, maybe?

They still have TNT

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Knowledge could be lost. Granted gunpowder was adopted faster than any other tech in the history of mankind, but if your society was insulated enough and no one remembered how to make it, maybe?

They still have TNT
The reason for no guns on the show was because it was a martial art focused program. The showrunner said that is what they wanted and just never gave a reason for there being no guns. If there were guns then everyone would be bitching about them using swords and martial arts.

spronk

FPS noob
Final season premiered last night, its labeled as season 3 episode 9 so I guess it does the typical AMC thing of back half of a full season. There are supposed to be 16 total so it'll be 7 episodes that air.

The show was cancelled so this is it, hopefully doesn't end on a cliffhanger. I'm gonna wait until all the episodes air before I watch them.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The show was cancelled so this is it, hopefully doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

Heh RIP that thought. With the way the show ended, they seemed to expect a 4th season or some way to continue the story.

A bunch of characters have open ended "conclusions" and they -finally- rediscover guns at the end in the ruins

Sad to see it go and sad to see they couldn't give it an ending with more closure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
More like Into the derplands. The level of writing on this show seems to be that of a 8 year old. The world and premise are interesting enough I guess but holy shit does it make no fucking sense. The number of convenient plot point into another is just trash tier writing.

• 1Worf