Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bit the bullet and cut bait on BABA just now. I had an exit plan at $160 and this article should push it lower when the market opens. Can't look backwards, there is just too much in the way of uncertainty and headwinds right now with China.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New calls/puts ratio narrowing

1630068979447.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bit the bullet and cut bait on BABA just now. I had an exit plan at $160 and this article should push it lower when the market opens. Can't look backwards, there is just too much in the way of uncertainty and headwinds right now with China.
I closed my short this AM and made a quick 3%. Closed at 160.69.

China has no interest in American investors.

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I closed my short this AM and made a quick 3%. Closed at 160.69.

China has no interest in American investors.
China could hug Biden and make nice tomorrow or they could invade Taiwan. I just don't know and that means its time to bail. Now it will probably run up 20% but meh its done. I will look to reallocate that capital in something else if Powell starts a taper tantrum today. I am keeping an eye on UNP, PTON and AMD. Will also add to F if it doesn't stabilize here at $13.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
China could hug Biden and make nice tomorrow or they could invade Taiwan. I just don't know and that means its time to bail. Now it will probably run up 20% but meh its done. I will look to reallocate that capital in something else if Powell starts a taper tantrum today. I am keeping an eye on UNP, PTON and AMD. Will also add to F if it doesn't stabilize here at $13.
I almost shorted PTON yesterday, need to do more research on it first.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I almost shorted PTON yesterday, need to do more research on it first.
I was wrong on it when it went public. I saw it as a flash in the pan. It isnt the bike, its the recurring revenue from the membership thats key. I was surprised how much staying power it has.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Stock price wise, higher. The deal is all stock so if it doesn't go through AMDs share price would jump a bit.

Near nothing.

Meant if China fucks Taiwan, there is no production capacity to make AMD products.

TSMC wouldn't exist.

When you referenced Afghanistan, I thought you were speaking to global instability.

Of which, the main concern re AMD should be the production capacity in Taiwan. And China lusting for the geography and capacity

Unless they have production being done outside of SE Asia

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I was wrong on it when it went public. I saw it as a flash in the pan. It isnt the bike, its the recurring revenue from the membership thats key. I was surprised how much staying power it has.
Yeah I saw it was announced they were subpoeaned due to their dragging ass on the recall of the 125,000 Tread+. They have like 30 suits from that with a fatality. like you said over 20% of their revenue is from the subscription service. they have some big growth projections

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, but its now under investigation by the SEC, DOJ and Homeland Security.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Near nothing.

Meant if China fucks Taiwan, there is no production capacity to make AMD products.

TSMC wouldn't exist.

When you referenced Afghanistan, I thought you were speaking to global instability.

Of which, the main concern re AMD should be the production capacity in Taiwan. And China lusting for the geography and capacity

Unless they have production being done outside of SE Asia
Err ignore my post lol, read that as xilinix.

But if tsmc vanished or had serious production issues then AMD would be completely fucked. It is certainly something to keep in mind. But Intel if you think that's the end game as important fabs are outside China's reach and they're starting to get subsidies.

I did mean instability in general. If that airport gets shutdown before we get all our boys out we are royally fucked. That attack yesterday wasn't a "complex" attack, it was a single man with a suicide vest.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Put an order in for PTON at $102

edit: i was flipping between 103 and 102. Looks like I picked wrong on the bottom. Bounce was at 102.91

edit 2: went back over the chart again and adjusted my price to $103

1630071625133.png

Last edited: